I have been having lots of problems with my tour and I want to switch to a new phone. I was wondering if there is anything special I should say or do to make my chances of them letting me get a new phone greater. The people in the store are no use so I was told to call in but I have tried before and they just say they can send me a new tour. But I am so over this phone!!!

Anything that worked for you guys?

Thanks!!
    01-24-10 11:40 PM
    All you are going to receive is a replacement Tour I needed mine replace two months in of owning it and it is perfectly fine. You are not going to be able to have a different model. Call customer care, have a new Tour sent to you and all will be fine.
    01-24-10 11:50 PM
    Verizon has changed there policy on exchanging to a new phone after 3 defective units. You could probably get lucky and find a csr who doesnt know but I doubt that.

Check out this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...cement-406615/
    01-25-10 12:28 AM
    I had the same issue in November, my original phone trackball went bad, they sent me my first replacement but it was registered to someone else and could not be activated by me, my second phone was worse that my original and then verizon screwed around and didn't send me my third replacement until I called them for a tracking number after 7 days of not getting my replacement, at which point we had a heated discussion and they sent me a New Phone. It does seem like 3 strikes and you get a new one. My new phone has performed flawlessly and have had no issue with trackball or anything else..
    01-25-10 08:00 AM
    your phone has a 1 year warranty. If your Tour has problems, get a replacement Tour
    01-25-10 08:11 AM
    Verizon has changed there policy on exchanging to a new phone after 3 defective units. You could probably get lucky and find a csr who doesnt know but I doubt that.

Check out this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/ver...cement-406615/
    any csr that you call will xfer you to tech support. you will then go through some ts steps before being able to get a replacement device, and all techs are aware that there is no fru to new program. the op will be getting a replacement device, because that is the device that was originally purchased.

this is the reason WHY the fru to new program was discontinued. Too many people trying to work around the system. kinda ruined it for people with legit issues.
    01-25-10 08:17 AM
    I have been having lots of problems with my tour and I want to switch to a new phone. I was wondering if there is anything special I should say or do to make my chances of them letting me get a new phone greater. The people in the store are no use so I was told to call in but I have tried before and they just say they can send me a new tour. But I am so over this phone!!!

Anything that worked for you guys?

Thanks!!
    You won't have any problem at all. Just tell them " I want a new phone. Full Retail. Here's my credit card." or there's your warranty.
    01-25-10 09:33 AM
    LMAO!
    I will have to try that..
    "sure you can get a new phone... *fill out order* that will be 489.99 can I get your credit card please?"
    01-25-10 09:42 AM
    You won't have any problem at all. Just tell them " I want a new phone. Full Retail. Here's my credit card." or there's your warranty.
    well..... i guess there is always that way to get a new phone!!!!!
    01-25-10 09:46 AM
    i googled "I'm over my phone, so can I get a new one free?" and it got me to links for canceling your phone account, some cool Sprint stuff, a cool way to send Email to any phone free, a Fight Club quote, and also a couple of You Tube videos (a cool SNL one called "ON the Ground" was hilarious), but nothing to help you in your situation. I also perused the Verizon Wireless website to see if I could find an 'Over It Clause', to no avail.

I did find these options, though:

1. If you are signed into a 2 year contract, you will have an annual upgrade available to you in 10 months, which will make a new device available to you at a contract price, as opposed to full retail. Should you be 20 months into your contract, you will have that annual price plus a $50 New Every Two discount.

2. If you are in neither of the two situations, as Super Mario stated above, you can purchase a new device at Full Retail.

3. mjbesen has also found another loophole called the Warranty. Your device's performance is covered for one year. It covers manufacturers defects. What it does not cover is user error, user negligence, lost/stolen devices, buyer's remorse, user outgrowth of device, accidental damage, and any additional accessories or applications added on to the device that is not native (or authorized by your carrier, as in the case of OS upgrades) to it. But, you will receive the same device that is contracted to you. You will not get a more updated or different device.

4. If you have purchased insurance, and you have a legitimate file to claim, you can also go that route. But, as in the warranty, you will receive the same device that is contracted to you.

Hope this helps.
    01-25-10 02:52 PM
    LOL I always loved hearing responses like this when I asked questions in training. Can't say that I've had to use it yet, but always gets a chuckle out of me.
    01-25-10 03:32 PM
    i googled "I'm over my phone, so can I get a new one free?" and it got me to links for canceling your phone account, some cool Sprint stuff, a cool way to send Email to any phone free, a Fight Club quote, and also a couple of You Tube videos (a cool SNL one called "ON the Ground" was hilarious), but nothing to help you in your situation. I also perused the Verizon Wireless website to see if I could find an 'Over It Clause', to no avail.

I did find these options, though:

1. If you are signed into a 2 year contract, you will have an annual upgrade available to you in 10 months, which will make a new device available to you at a contract price, as opposed to full retail. Should you be 20 months into your contract, you will have that annual price plus a $50 New Every Two discount.

2. If you are in neither of the two situations, as Super Mario stated above, you can purchase a new device at Full Retail.

3. mjbesen has also found another loophole called the Warranty. Your device's performance is covered for one year. It covers manufacturers defects. What it does not cover is user error, user negligence, lost/stolen devices, buyer's remorse, user outgrowth of device, accidental damage, and any additional accessories or applications added on to the device that is not native (or authorized by your carrier, as in the case of OS upgrades) to it. But, you will receive the same device that is contracted to you. You will not get a more updated or different device.

4. If you have purchased insurance, and you have a legitimate file to claim, you can also go that route. But, as in the warranty, you will receive the same device that is contracted to you.

Hope this helps.

I vote this to be post of the year!

To the OP... our policy has changed due to people like you who want something "better" for nothing.
    01-28-10 08:29 AM

How true is this statement?? I got my Tour in July the first day it came out with a 2 year contract. You mean this May I will be able to upgrade to a new phone for a new contract as well?? How do they notify you that you can upgrade in 10 months? also, does it matter how low or high your calling plan is if this upgrade after 10 months is valid?

I'm very curious about this becuase I would hate to wait till May July of 2011 to get a new phone....
    01-28-10 09:06 AM
    How true is this statement?? I got my Tour in July the first day it came out with a 2 year contract. You mean this May I will be able to upgrade to a new phone for a new contract as well?? How do they notify you that you can upgrade in 10 months? also, does it matter how low or high your calling plan is if this upgrade after 10 months is valid?

I'm very curious about this becuase I would hate to wait till May July of 2011 to get a new phone....
    This is if you are the primary line or a single line account. If you are a secondary line you must wait 20 months.
    01-28-10 09:08 AM
    Depends on how much you spend too... but even on a 450 plan because of the blackberry plan and most likely some kind of text plan you would meet the criteria.
    01-28-10 09:11 AM
    I thought it went off the cost of the base plan only and not the cost after things like data and text packages were added. I believe the levels were something like 50 for single lines and 80 for family share but I don't work for VZW so I am probably wrong though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 10:41 AM
    Its not ten months. Its 12. Ten months is only if you originally signed a one year contract.

01-28-10 10:49 AM
    This is if you are the primary line or a single line account. If you are a secondary line you must wait 20 months.
    I am just a single account. However if it depends on how much you spend every month to get this upgrade every 10 months, I'm not sure if I get it though? My calling plan is only 450 mins a month mostly becuase everyone I talk to is on Verizon so no need for more minutes then that. With phone plan and data plan combined, my bill is roughly 100 a month.

how does Verizon notify you though in 10 months that you can upgrade?
    01-28-10 10:51 AM
    This is why I am only entering into one year contracts now. I have two lines on my family plan that I will use for upgrades. This way I could get a new smart phone every six months if I wanted to.

01-28-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD