Hi, this is my first post, Im a blackberry newbie...

I had verizon forever and i love their service - but I recently wanted an iphone so I switched to ATT. The service compared to VZ is awful (at least in the nyc/nj area) or maybe it was the reception of the iphone. so I switched to a Curve, and sold the iphone to a friend.

I LOVELOVELOVE the blackberry curve now and I am totally obsessed, But Im NOT in love with ATT... I feel like an ***** for having paid to leave Verizon now that I hear the Curve is coming... I see that it has a video recorder which I really miss not having, but is it worth it to pay out again to switch back to VZ? Will it be a world phone?

Any advice?? Thanks in advance!!
    04-01-08 08:00 PM
    It may be worth it if the reception with Verizon is that much better. You can always sell your 8310 to get back some of that money.
    04-01-08 08:04 PM
    I was in the same boat as you - moved to ATT from VZW for the iphone.. paid TWO verizon cancellation fees - and after a few months realized I just could not live with the ATT service, so paid TWO ATT cancellation fee's and am now back on Verizon.

It definately sucks to pay those fees, but for me it was definitely worth the switch back. I wish I would have been smarter and stayed on verizon to begin with, but lesson learned. It sounds like your cell coverage/reliability is as important to you, as it is to me, so I say go for it! You can always sell your ATT curve and recoop some of the cost that way. It seems like a steep price to pay, but you'll be glad when your back.

If it helps to ease the pain, I tried to think of my $175 cancellation fees as just a few nights out to dinner!
    04-01-08 08:07 PM
    FOREVER AND ALWAYS you will have people tell you yes and no! AGAIN, its how the service is going to work for you! When the Curve drops Ill be in line waiting for VZW to open its doors at the store! Now, I just need to talk my boss (the wife) that I need the Curve before she gets a Curve! lol
    04-01-08 08:21 PM
    thanks for the support! hahaha... my cell is my only phone (no land line) so i really need dependable service...

i recently sold my iphone to a co-worker to cover the cost i paid in full for the curve. when he tried to activate the iphone it messed me up and reported my phone as lost or stolen - even though i had already switched it and everything. i had no service for like 5 hours and had to go twice to the att store, the iphone was rest but still was being linked to my account... if i sell my curve on ebay, do you know how can i make sure that doesnt happen again?
    04-01-08 08:23 PM
    Click - do you know the exact date the curve comes to VZ?
    04-01-08 08:24 PM
    FOREVER AND ALWAYS you will have people tell you yes and no! AGAIN, its how the service is going to work for you! When the Curve drops Ill be in line waiting for VZW to open its doors at the store! Now, I just need to talk my boss (the wife) that I need the Curve before she gets a Curve! lol
    Click, when there is something I really want I usually have to buy two. You can never leave her out or you might end up on the couch! LOL
    04-01-08 08:26 PM
    I switched to AT&T March 7th for the iPhone, however like you found the service inadequate, I to am in the Nj/Ny area. Before switching I tried the pearl on verizon but still left for the iPhone. On the 29th I switched back. I realized the high bill the iPhone would receive every month, in conjunction with the sub par service it just was not worth it. I think I'll be picking up the Curve when it comes out now! I would say it's worth the better service!
    04-01-08 08:42 PM
    wait a second, now that ive done some research - now Im even more undecided....

I found that the VZ Curve will NOT have GPS/Google Maps... I really love that feature on the ATT Curve and i use it almost daily.. I read the VZ Navigator is crap and they wont let you download or use Google maps... Is this true?

Also, When i saw a photo of the VZ Curve, the desktop looked totally different? WIll it be all different software and desktop layout? WIll you still be able to customize your wallpaper? etc..
    04-01-08 08:54 PM

I found that the VZ Curve will NOT have GPS/Google Maps... I really love that feature on the ATT Curve and i use it almost daily.. I read the VZ Navigator is crap and they wont let you download or use Google maps... Is this true?

Also, When i saw a photo of the VZ Curve, the desktop looked totally different? WIll it be all different software and desktop layout? WIll you still be able to customize your wallpaper? etc..
    Sadly you will have to use the VZNav. Yes, you will be able to customize it just like any other BB.
    04-01-08 09:15 PM
    I just downloaded Opera Mini - and its really great, I mean, it makes me feel a little bit closer to my old iphone.. lol. Will opera mini work on Verizon? i already read about how crippled they make their phones, ATT is starting to seem better to me now...??? I guess Ill just wait it out... when does the vz curve come out?
    04-01-08 09:43 PM

I don't know if you've heard about this, but maybe this will help make your final decision...

Location-based services | AT&T wireless services
    04-01-08 09:52 PM
    I just downloaded Opera Mini - and its really great, I mean, it makes me feel a little bit closer to my old iphone.. lol. Will opera mini work on Verizon? i already read about how crippled they make their phones, ATT is starting to seem better to me now...??? I guess Ill just wait it out... when does the vz curve come out?
    I have opera mini on my 8830 and it works fine. No one has a final date for the release yet.
    04-01-08 10:03 PM
    I'm in the same position as well! While I looove the Curve I am not loving AT&T's data and coverage in the Baltimore area. I think I will be going back to Verizon and using my Pearl till the Curve drops.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 10:12 PM
    i think it's worth the switch! more and more i like vzw even if the plans are a bit pricey.
    04-01-08 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD