Considering a VZW curve. Is Verizon bundling any word processing software with it? Are they doing the usual Verizon routine of crippling features, like preventing me from installing any word processing, Bluetooth keyboard apps, or alternate browser I might want to install? Also: can I transfer info from my Palm Desktop?
    05-06-08 02:00 AM
    The only thing VZW has done is disabled the gps to work with VZNavigator. You can move your info with BB DM. And you can install any BB program you want. DataViz will be coming out with a WP Software very soon, with O.S. 4.6.
    05-06-08 02:21 AM
    The only thing VZW has done is disabled the gps to work with VZNavigator. You can move your info with BB DM. And you can install any BB program you want. DataViz will be coming out with a WP Software very soon, with O.S. 4.6.
    Ditto the above.
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-06-08 10:05 AM
    They cripple Bluetooth as well.
    05-06-08 10:30 AM
    They've been known to cribble bluetooth on other phones but not the blackberries.
    05-06-08 10:49 AM
    this thread has basically been the deciding factor for me. i was planning on switching to AT&T after i get out of school for the summer so i can get a curve. then i stumbled onto this website again and saw that verizon is getting it. I still thought about switching, but now knowing that the only difference between the verizon curve and the rest is basically gps and possibly bluetooth, i'm sold. cause i don't use either of those really. and the VZ navigator is pretty good. i've used it on my current phone, so it's what i'm used to. can't wait till next monday when i get back home from college to get a curve!
    05-06-08 10:54 AM
    I've had Verizon phones then Treo and now waiting for my Curve and had bluetooth on all the phones
    05-06-08 11:09 AM
    From a very well known HoFo user... Mark Venture

Not Official, but... for bluetooth profiles that I have used or discovered via my PC with the Curve...
    • Object Push... I can confirm for Ring Tones and Pictures (have to be in the media application, and use the menu button... Send via Bluetooth and Receive via Bluetooth options are there.) I have not tried contacts, music or video yet.
    • Headset/Handfree (wireless bluetooth mono headset)
    • A2DP (for stereo audio)
    • Dial-up Networking
    Last edited by yester18; 05-06-08 at 11:18 AM.
    05-06-08 11:16 AM
    I've had Verizon phones then Treo and now waiting for my Curve and had bluetooth on all the phones
    Yes, they all have bluetooth, just not 100% fully functional. Missing stacks like OBEX and OPP for starters.
    05-06-08 11:20 AM
    Who really cares about OBEX? Sure it would be nice, but it's not like you can't hook the phone up via miniUSB and get the ringtones on there. Not a major cripple in my book really.... not even close to the GPS issues.
    05-06-08 12:37 PM
    Who really cares about OBEX? Sure it would be nice, but it's not like you can't hook the phone up via miniUSB and get the ringtones on there. Not a major cripple in my book really.... not even close to the GPS issues.
    You're right. I was referring more to standard phones instead of PDA/BlackBerry's.
    05-06-08 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD