I have had the phone for two weeks and worked right out the box. Was able to set up e-mail account on phone. No problems with data , e-mail , etc. I never had to go to BIS website to set it up. Am I missing something? I went to BIS site and entered PIN and ESN and it mentioned that these numbers already are assigned to an account. I have no user name or password to check this because I never set it up over the web. I bought this in in the store. Did they do something for me?
    09-01-08 09:25 PM
    Don't think you are missing anything. You can do pretty much anything the BIS site can on your BB.
    09-01-08 09:28 PM
    Did you try and register for an account on the BIS? if so even though you did on the phone, it created the account on the BIS. There should be a way to add a username and password from the device in email settings I believe, if not call VZW tech support and they can get it converted for you on the phone. 1-800-922-0204 select 3 for tech support.
    09-01-08 09:31 PM
    Thanks. But I never truly set up an account with a "user name" and password like the RIM BIS site shows.

So I take it that I do in fact have a registered BIS account but that I activated it via the phone when I set it up for the first time? Otherwise, I would have not been able to access browser and e-mail, etc.?
    09-01-08 09:33 PM
    Did you try and register for an account on the BIS? if so even though you did on the phone, it created the account on the BIS. There should be a way to add a username and password from the device in email settings I believe, if not call VZW tech support and they can get it converted for you on the phone. 1-800-922-0204 select 3 for tech support.
    I did try, but BIS would not let me get past creating the account because the PIN and ESN are already assigned to an account (mine). Which means I need user name and password, which I never created with my curve as far as I remember.
    09-01-08 09:35 PM
    You can set up the account from your BB.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/i-u...588/#post80466
    09-01-08 09:39 PM
    I did try, but BIS would not let me get past creating the account because the PIN and ESN are already assigned to an account (mine). Which means I need user name and password, which I never created with my curve as far as I remember.
    I do this customers all the time. There is a resource that we have that we can convert the account to a username and password. THen you can enter the site from the internet.
    09-01-08 09:48 PM
    Sunkast and lastraid,

That worked. Im all set. Thx

Bob
    09-01-08 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD