Hi,

I just got a new curve after losing my last one and for some reason the new phone plays classical music to the caller rather than just a standard ring. I didn't change a thing with my phone and didn't ask the Verizon rep to change anything either. I tried to change this thru the vz ringback site but didn't see any option on how to do this. You guys have any idea ?

Thanks
    11-02-08 05:35 PM
    Someone added ringback tones to your account. Log into your verizonwireless.com account and remove the feature from your account.
    11-02-08 05:37 PM
    Yea, that is definitely annoying, ringback tones are horrible! If you're not able to remove it yourself on the Verizon site, call and have a rep do it for you. If not for the reason that it's annoying, but for the reason that you're paying for the service!
    11-02-08 05:40 PM
    Well, $0.99 a month pro-rated won't break the bank...ha ha
    You can remove it from your online account.
    11-02-08 05:42 PM
    Exactly what happened. Sneaky reps, that pretty absurd they snuck that .99 monthly charge in there without telling me. Thanks for the help !
    11-02-08 05:43 PM
    Sure thing, welcome to crackberry!
    11-02-08 05:45 PM
    They snuck it in on me too! Since 2005! And the reps claim they can't refund me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 06:27 PM
    am i able to get verizon ringbacks on my blackberry curve 8330? I hope that I can, someone said that Get It Now wasnt compatible with the Blackberry.
    12-05-08 02:53 PM
    am i able to get verizon ringbacks on my blackberry curve 8330? I hope that I can, someone said that Get It Now wasnt compatible with the Blackberry.
    yes you can. howver you must buy, manage and delete rbt on the computer. it cannot be done on the blackberry handset.

Verizon Wireless: Ringback Tones
    12-05-08 02:56 PM
    o ok i was wondering, i thought i could do that, i didnt want to make a fool of myself to the verizon rep. thanks for the help
    12-05-08 02:59 PM
    I hate ringbacks so much. Makes me just want to hang up when someone's got one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD