So today I was at the Verizon store because I wasn't successful logging into my BIS email account and needed help. When I called (from the store because they couldn't help at the store so they let me use their phone!), I mentioned some things that I found on this site.

The tech support guy said "oh, yeah, that's just where we go to get our answers..let me look on there real quick to find something".

Pretty funny I thought. Just goes to show that I'm in the right place to get my problems solved!
    05-28-08 08:39 PM
    Welcome to the customer support of the future. It's the same for everything now, if it can't be found in a book forget about getting an answer. No one has actual product knowledge anymore.
    05-28-08 08:48 PM
    yeah, i've been lucky the manger and one of the customer support staff at my fav verizon store are really good with the blackberry product. other then that its all crackberry for me
    06-01-08 10:05 PM
    wow thats crazy...i come to these forums for any and all questions i have about my curve and its just amazing how everything you can think about or need is covered here. i think i may have used this site more than the actual user's manual haha

not to mention that im addicted to this place...
    06-01-08 11:11 PM
    I told a guy at the verizon store about crackberry yesterday, too. He had no idea about this place. He was also wowed by the Speck case that I got (even though it's for a GSM phone and I sorta have it jammed on my 8330). I was in there looking for a case just like it and he was like," we don't have anything like that. He also told me I must be an IT guy (I teach band), and that I should be working there (after I answered another customer's question before the rep got back to them).... Too bad people just get jobs to be doing something rather than trying to invest just a bit of themselves in their work.
    06-01-08 11:26 PM
    I must say that most sales reps and so called "technicians" at any Verizon retail location do not have the technical knowlege that they should have. It believe there is no better way to learn than from someone elses "hands on" experience such as what you find here in the CrackBerry forums.... Learn from others' trials and errors and pass on your experiences to help others, that's how it works. There are some pretty well educated blackberry users out there and this is probably the best place to find them. How about NOT sharing your CrackBerry education with your service providers guys!!! Afterall they lock our phones down to make us pay for GPS apps and everything else you can think of!!! Let them be ignorant while we laugh at them for a change!!!
    06-02-08 12:02 AM
    I would come here first before Calling Verizon for help with my BB
    06-02-08 03:09 AM
    I would come here first before Calling Verizon for help with my BB
    i already have
    06-02-08 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD