I am a Nextel subscriber (with spotty) coverage and I am wondering how the coverage is with Verizon??? The reps in the store said it is good, but they better because they work there!! I am in the Grand Rapids, MI area and just want to hear from people out there because I think I am going to switch providers.

Thanks for the help!!!!!
    12-04-08 08:21 PM
    Major metro area, you're covered. I just looked it up and it's blanket broadband coverage.
    12-04-08 08:31 PM
    Verizon probably has the best coverage out there. I constantly travel and don,t even have to think about whether I have a signal or not. Of course that's from my personal experience. Don't want to start any fights, so keep your Hate mail to yourselves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 08:47 PM
    Verizon has great coverage. I rarely ever lost a signal or had poor call quality when i was with them.
    12-04-08 10:14 PM
    Coverage is the only reason I stay with Verizon. If the coverage with AT&T was anywhere near what it is with Verizon, I would swithch to them in a heartbeat. But hey, my BB is first and foremost my phone.
    12-05-08 01:50 PM
    Verizon coverage is pretty good but its cell phone plans are very expensive. The only reason you might switch to it is good service.
    12-12-08 01:04 AM
    in my opinion verizon's plans are competitive with the other carriers out.
    my entire family pays 130 a month for 700 shared minutes ( I never use more than 50 minutes) and unlimited text

i know my friend who has an iphone pays 120 just for himself and a mere 500 or 600 minutes...

and compared to other carriers...I believe verizon has the best coverage...when alot of my friends are complaining about reception. I don't worry about it as I always have atleast 2 or 3 bars more than them.
    12-12-08 01:38 AM
    i have decent coverage with verizon and the price isnt too bad, about the same when i was with cingular(att). but they only have a few good phones, most of them are either ugly or crappy.
    12-12-08 02:25 AM
    I was with ATT for 12 years swithched to Verizon a year ago and I absolutely think Verizons coverage is the best not to mention customer service is top notch compaed to Att and US Cellular (had very briefly).
    12-12-08 02:33 AM
    Been with VZW since Airtouch! The commercials are true... it's the network and it's awesome! CS is great too!
    12-12-08 06:57 PM
    I living in California and the cover here is great! I agree with other that VZW is expensive but customer service is the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 10:52 PM
    Verizon has great coverage here in Michigan. A lot of people have them here and I have never had an issue with coverage.
    12-13-08 07:10 AM
    It seems excellent everywhere I go except for rural areas of Canada. But I would survey Verizon users where you are to be sure. Because I use my Curve for business, signal strength is the number 1 req. for me and Verizon is number where I work and live (North East). I had Nextel than SPrint previously.
    12-13-08 07:14 AM
    In IL it is the best coverage I could find. Tried two or three others none compared to verizon. When traveling I have had no problems.
    12-13-08 07:24 AM
    VZW=Best coverage, period! I would say that even if I didn't work for them
    12-13-08 07:30 AM
    I am on Sprint (which shares roaming with VZW) and typically have great coverage - when I don't, the VZW towers seem to kick in!
    12-13-08 08:53 AM
    Great coverage, its the main reason I stay with them. I travel cross country twice a year by car virtually never taking the same route and often on back roads. Other then some dead zones in the west (which are shown on the coverage maps) generally don't even think about it, the phone just always works and can't recall the last time it went roaming! This includes data service.
    12-13-08 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD