Hello,

I have been trying to get an answer before visiting a verizon store...

If I cancel my contract....

then on the same day purchase the storm ....

Can I recieve the bonus pricing if a commit to a new contract ...

the reason why I ask is because I have an upgrade in apirl ., but since I have a Treo -- I don't even know if the upgrade is an option..

what is the best solution.....

I am sure there are a ton of us here at CB with same scenerio

thanks

tree
    11-18-08 11:12 AM
    There is a 30 day reconnect grace period if I remember right. Which would just reopen the account again since its tied to your social second number. On the other hand you have the early term fee which is prorated but still. Only things you can really do is add a line, pay full price or wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 11:32 AM
    SO ,,,,

here is the question, "If I pay the early termination fee, can I then get the promo 2-year agreement price of the storm"

and if so "when" ?

anyone have this information that would be great...

thanks
    11-18-08 12:35 PM
    I'm running through a very similar situation and was told on my current contract I can only buy at full price, which what it seems like will be over $499.99. I was thinking about either adding a line for a cost of $9.99 a month and then canceling the line when the contract on my line is up (which is in August) so I'd take close to a $100 hit. If I do early termination, it'll cost me $115 on the day the Storm comes out.

But either hit though definitely costs less than buying at full price and keeping the same contract if I have every intention of staying for 2 years anyway.

Talk to your VWZ store and see if anything can be done.
    11-18-08 02:04 PM
    If you have an upgrade in April Verizon may let you upgrade now for the storm. When I was with them they let me upgrade early a few times
    Last edited by quikDC; 11-18-08 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    11-18-08 05:27 PM
    Hello,

I have been trying to get an answer before visiting a verizon store...

If I cancel my contract....

then on the same day purchase the storm ....

Can I recieve the bonus pricing if a commit to a new contract ...

the reason why I ask is because I have an upgrade in apirl ., but since I have a Treo -- I don't even know if the upgrade is an option..

what is the best solution.....

I am sure there are a ton of us here at CB with same scenerio

thanks

tree
    if you open a brand new acct with a brand new number then yes, you should be eligible

instead of canceling, why not just add an additional line?
    11-19-08 01:28 AM
    if you open a brand new acct with a brand new number then yes, you should be eligible

instead of canceling, why not just add an additional line?
    It all depends on costs. My wife and I already have two lines together, if I add a line at $199 (including the $50 mail in rebate), then I would have to pay $9.99 for 12 months without incurring a ETF. If I go with my ETF it would be $115 the day the Storm comes out. So basically I pay around the same price either way.
    11-19-08 09:31 AM
    It all depends on costs. My wife and I already have two lines together, if I add a line at $199 (including the $50 mail in rebate), then I would have to pay $9.99 for 12 months without incurring a ETF. If I go with my ETF it would be $115 the day the Storm comes out. So basically I pay around the same price either way.
    You'd actually have to pay $9.99 for 24 months to have no etf to get the phone at the price you quoted ( which is the 2 year pricing ). Which comes out to around $239.76 before taxes. Anyway, it's almost like a credit card, you can either pay alot now and get it over with or pay a little each month. You'd be paying more in the long run, but you wouldn't need to shell out so much cash up front. Also, you'd have another line, if you have a family member that could use it and pay you like $30 a month, you could make money off of it. Just a thought.
    11-19-08 10:06 AM
    I just want to say that verizon is the best....

I called last night prepared for a phone battle to try to get a storm...

I decided to cancel my service as the option when I called in ....

I told the rep. that I was sick of the TREO's problem and was going to cancel to get a blackberry....

before I even told the rep. that I would like to sign back up he stopped me and said, I can get you the storm on Friday as long as you commit to the 2 year contract....

I only wanted 1 year., but since they did what I wanted I said why not....

not only that my plan went down 10 bucks a month.....

So tomoorow I will be guaranteed a storm at the discounted price., and the early upgrade.....

and I didn't even ask...haha

Verizon is the best.....I went from ATT to Sprint to Verizon.....

and I probably will never leave

Cheers to all who will have the storm opening day!~
    11-19-08 10:33 AM
    the rep did mention twice that

"Since I am a loyal customer of over 5 years"

he can do this
    11-19-08 10:39 AM
    the rep did mention twice that

"Since I am a loyal customer of over 5 years"

he can do this
    What calling plan are you on? If you're monthly access fee is more than $49.99, the rep was just doing his job and allowing you to do an early upgrade ( annual upgrade ).
    11-19-08 10:47 AM
    Then likely it came from an anual upgrade, if you got an extra discount you got a VIP discount in there too.
    11-19-08 10:48 AM
    i HAD THE TREO UPGRADE WAS APRIL...

MY PLAN WAS 100BUCKS A MONTH

DATA 40
    CALL 40
    TEXT 20

NOW ITS 80 BUCKS AND UNLTD.,

199 STORM AND NEW 2 YEEAR CONTRACT

PERFECT TO ME
    11-19-08 11:01 AM
    i HAD THE TREO UPGRADE WAS APRIL...
    MY PLAN WAS 100BUCKS A MONTH
    DATA 40
    CALL 40
    TEXT 20

NOW ITS 80 BUCKS AND UNLTD.,
    199 STORM AND NEW 2 YEEAR CONTRACT
    PERFECT TO ME
    Lucky you
    11-19-08 11:09 AM
    You'd actually have to pay $9.99 for 24 months to have no etf to get the phone at the price you quoted ( which is the 2 year pricing ). Which comes out to around $239.76 before taxes. Anyway, it's almost like a credit card, you can either pay alot now and get it over with or pay a little each month. You'd be paying more in the long run, but you wouldn't need to shell out so much cash up front. Also, you'd have another line, if you have a family member that could use it and pay you like $30 a month, you could make money off of it. Just a thought.
    I was thinking actually that because one of my lines in one year would be out of contract I could cancel that line at that time, thus only 1 year of costs. Doing an early termination is still cheaper in the long run so I guess that's the route I'll take.

Lucky you Rich. My wife has been with Verizon continuously for 4+ years now and the last time we upgraded we were given the VIP treatment when I upgraded to my current Pearl and her Voyager at the time and now a Curve, but me trying to get a Storm has been difficult to say the least with my customer service reps.
    11-19-08 11:50 AM
    yeah, everything went perfect., I just hope it isn't a long process at the verizon store on my lunch tomomorw
    11-19-08 12:17 PM
    yeah, everything went perfect., I just hope it isn't a long process at the verizon store on my lunch tomomorw
    Today is Wednesday. Phone isn't released until Friday.
    11-19-08 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD