I was watching Lost last night, VZW ran a commercial about "the network" and how you can be on a train and stay connected. Well I commute from Richmond VA to Washington DC on a regular basis. There are dead zones, although I know where they are and I can plan around them.
    04-23-09 04:14 PM
    I was watching Lost last night, VZW ran a commercial about "the network" and how you can be on a train and stay connected. Well I commute from Richmond VA to Washington DC on a regular basis. There are dead zones, although I know where they are and I can plan around them.
    +1 and look how good they made the storm look. A bit of an exaggeration.
    04-23-09 04:25 PM
    You have to give it up to ad agencies with their creativity.

And as far as the Storm goes, it needs all the help it can get!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 04:43 PM

The Strm really isn't that bad.
    04-23-09 05:02 PM
    You don't even have a Storm. So from you, I want...SILENCE!
    04-23-09 05:04 PM
    I don't have a Storm, but I tried two since Christmas. Junk, I tell ya. Complete and total junk!

04-23-09 05:06 PM
    I don't have a Storm, but I tried two since Christmas. Junk, I tell ya. Complete and total junk!

I can sit and take that coming from another VZduber....
    Ohhhh man whaaaaaaa
    04-23-09 05:08 PM
    I can sit and take that coming from another VZduber....
    Ohhhh man whaaaaaaa
    Wait a sec here. Didn't you say you wanted a Windows phone? I am smart enough to want a Windows phone too. But they couldn't make me keep those Storms!

04-23-09 05:44 PM
    bearkat38...blah blah blah.
    Go spew that sh!t elsewhere smarta$$. And for the record I had the storm since release day before wising up. Psssh...punks.
    Last edited by oifvet1967; 04-23-09 at 06:03 PM.
    04-23-09 06:01 PM

Ya...it sure as he11 does!
    04-23-09 06:04 PM
    Wait a sec here. Didn't you say you wanted a Windows phone? I am smart enough to want a Windows phone too. But they couldn't make me keep those Storms!

Thinking about going back to win mo at the end of the year depending on what the come out with. But in all honesty I really might miss that Strm click.
    I like touch screen devices...
    04-24-09 11:34 AM
    Thinking about going back to win mo at the end of the year depending on what the come out with. But in all honesty I really might miss that Strm click.
    From what I hear Winmo has really fixed alot of their past shortcomings. I had a palm treo 4 years ago and it was horrible. Really hated having "desktop like" lockups on a phone. I actually pulled my battery almost as much as I had to with my Storm.
    04-24-09 11:43 AM
    Definately and exaggeration... HOWEVER; how good does your wopper look on tv versus when you pick it up at the counter???

Im just saying...
    04-24-09 01:28 PM
    Definately and exaggeration... HOWEVER; how good does your wopper look on tv versus when you pick it up at the counter???

Im just saying...
    Most definately....gotta give it curb appeal. But the difference is..the whopper tastes as good as it looks. The Storm left a NASTY taste in my mouth.
    04-24-09 01:43 PM
    I have to agree, the phone is JUNK. I have had two in the last month and my husband has had 2 also. I cancelled my line because I was within my 30 days, but hes stuck.
    04-25-09 08:29 PM
    the storm isn't a bad phone at all i haven't had no problems with it at all!! the only problems i had was ones i caused myself!!
    04-25-09 09:21 PM
    There are some good ones on the way.

From what I hear Winmo has really fixed alot of their past shortcomings. I had a palm treo 4 years ago and it was horrible. Really hated having "desktop like" lockups on a phone. I actually pulled my battery almost as much as I had to with my Storm.
    They have fixed a lot of it - battery pulls are now about on par with Curve, as long as the device has enough memory.
    They both look bad.

Most definately....gotta give it curb appeal. But the difference is..the whopper tastes as good as it looks. The Storm left a NASTY taste in my mouth.
    The Whopper tastes as good as it looks? Good thing, because if it tasted worse than it looks, BK would be sued out of existence! The Storm part, I agree with.
    I have to agree, the phone is JUNK. I have had two in the last month and my husband has had 2 also. I cancelled my line because I was within my 30 days, but hes stuck.
    Agreed - 100%. And the latest surveys, as well as the chatter in the Storm forums across the Internet, back you.
    the storm isn't a bad phone at all i haven't had no problems with it at all!! the only problems i had was ones i caused myself!!
    It may not be a bad phone - but I'd not call it good either. I'd rather have a Treo.
    04-25-09 10:28 PM
    The Strm really isn't that bad.
    Yes it is! You just dont want to admit it because you dont want to admit you have a crappy phone :-p

I hate my storm, but Im going to deal with it until something better then the curve comes out. I have a pearl I could go back to, but the screen is too small for my liking.

as for dead zones... I have to go through a couple tunnels at least twice a day and my phone always cuts out in them. I also have to go on this thing we have in seattle called the alaskan way viaduct which is kind of like a multi layered freeway... not really a tunnel... its like a 2 platform bridge with north on top and south on bottom... my phone also cuts out when im on the south bound.....

however my nextel works just fine in the tunnels and on the viaduct.
    04-26-09 02:59 PM
    Ooooh, Im not saying the phone doesnt have WAY UBER problems.

But think about this... ( please dont be a hater bc I work for vzw tech support ) The software had to be COMPLETELY reconfigured to do touchscreen technology. The 4.5 software is complete for such as the Pearl or the Curve.
    This is BRAND new software... for all intensive purposes "beta"
    When I upgraded last the store rep BEGGED me to buy a Storm and I refused. I knew that it was having issues. I have no patience for it or the software upgrades. Once the kinks and bugs are worked out... and they figure out how to get the screen to NOT get dust under it..
    Then it will be a ripped phone. Its got potential... personally it was the public that is to blame because RIM was being hassled to launch it.
    Sides a company can test and test and test till the cows come home... but they wont know what the bugs are REALLY gonna be until its launched. ie Iphone and VISTA...
    Again, like in some of my other posts. I am NOT claiming to be a know all in these regards. This is what I see as I'm in the business.
    I was also working for AT&T when they launched both iphone and iphone 3G. There WERE issues. for the first like 3mo visual voicemail didnt work right.
    Luckily though I was just customer care and apple is very selfish when it comes to their phones so we would tsfr to apple tech support... in the same building. LOL.

We have to give the poor phone some time to mature... its acting like a teenager now... being rebellious... but it will start acting like a smart phone eventually!
    04-26-09 03:23 PM
    You don't even have a Storm. So from you, I want...SILENCE!
    LOL This is halarious. I have a Storm. Since December. As Long as I have CrackBerry to run too, the Storm is an amazing phone. Running .132 right now and am happier then ever.
    04-26-09 03:34 PM
    LOL This is halarious. I have a Storm. Since December. As Long as I have CrackBerry to run too, the Storm is an amazing phone. Running .132 right now and am happier then ever.
    I'm with you...
    Since I've run to Crackberry.
    My Storm has never been better.
    04-26-09 03:42 PM
    Yes it is! You just dont want to admit it because you dont want to admit you have a crappy phone :-p

I hate my storm, but Im going to deal with it until something better then the curve comes out. I have a pearl I could go back to, but the screen is too small for my liking.

as for dead zones... I have to go through a couple tunnels at least twice a day and my phone always cuts out in them. I also have to go on this thing we have in seattle called the alaskan way viaduct which is kind of like a multi layered freeway... not really a tunnel... its like a 2 platform bridge with north on top and south on bottom... my phone also cuts out when im on the south bound.....

however my nextel works just fine in the tunnels and on the viaduct.

I've driven on the viaduct and my phone works fine?
    04-26-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD