So I get on the web site this morning to order the classic paying for it outright. After getting to the address confirmation page my order will not be processed repeatedly with me getting some "address confirmation" issue despite having the same service and billing address for the previous 8 years on Verizon.

Tried to get it resolved with an online chat with a Verizon rep - an attempt with Firefox and IE both giving the same denial error. Rep was stupefied.

Called Verizon and got the first rep. Rep could not help me because I was not upgrading so transferred my call. 10 minutes later after suffering horrible jazz music another rep gets on the phone. This rep tried telling me that if I wanted to order a classic outright I would have to terminate my line and pay an early termination fee and order the phone at full price and activate it in a different line. I promptly asked to speak with someone who knew wtf they were talking about.

Next rep comes on the line says that he understands I want to order a classic to later activate BUT... He cannot process it. So he transfers me.

Last rep was able to process it.

It took me over 1/2 an hour on the phone to pay $424 for a new phone off contract.

Thanks Verizon. You ******* suck.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-26-15 05:49 PM
    So I get on the web site this morning to order the classic paying for it outright. After getting to the address confirmation page my order will not be processed repeatedly with me getting some "address confirmation" issue despite having the same service and billing address for the previous 8 years on Verizon.

Tried to get it resolved with an online chat with a Verizon rep - an attempt with Firefox and IE both giving the same denial error. Rep was stupefied.

Called Verizon and got the first rep. Rep could not help me because I was not upgrading so transferred my call. 10 minutes later after suffering horrible jazz music another rep gets on the phone. This rep tried telling me that if I wanted to order a classic outright I would have to terminate my line and pay an early termination fee and order the phone at full price and activate it in a different line. I promptly asked to speak with someone who knew wtf they were talking about.

Next rep comes on the line says that he understands I want to order a classic to later activate BUT... He cannot process it. So he transfers me.

Last rep was able to process it.

It took me over 1/2 an hour on the phone to pay $424 for a new phone off contract.

Thanks Verizon. You ******* suck.
    How frustrating. If it makes you feel any better, plenty of us have had similar experiences over the years.
    02-26-15 06:54 PM
    It's hard for them to understand people who are willing to pay for the phone without upgrading from one phone to another. It is not on the script they are given.
    OneofLittleHarmony likes this.
    02-28-15 09:28 AM
    It's hard for them to understand people who are willing to pay for the phone without upgrading from one phone to another. It is not on the script they are given.
    Yeah. Help varies a lot person to person too.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:12 PM
    I took a different route getting mine. I was off contract on my Bold and didn't want the commitment, so $100 down, a two year contract and early termination fee was not going to work. I thought my only way was to buy outright, but found out by getting it on Verizon Edge for $16.66 a month over 24 months I got a $25 per month credit! Plus it will take a lot shorter a time to get ahead of early termination fee on full contract. All in a much better deal.
    03-12-15 08:40 PM
    Using Edge requires a new 2-year contract, right? So if you terminate early, you owe the termination fee and the balance due on the phone? That's a big disincentive to leave Verizon, which is probably what they're counting on.
    03-12-15 09:04 PM
    Using Edge requires a new 2-year contract, right? So if you terminate early, you owe the termination fee and the balance due on the phone? That's a big disincentive to leave Verizon, which is probably what they're counting on.
    There is no termination fee....you would only owe the balance on the phone...Edge is not a service contract, it is a finance agreement.
    03-12-15 11:00 PM
    Why don't people simply order it from Amazon off contract?
    03-13-15 12:40 AM
    Why don't people simply order it from Amazon off contract?
    $399 on Verizon Wireless, $449 on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 12:49 AM
    $399 on Verizon Wireless, $449 on Amazon.
    But already unlocked from Amazon.
    03-13-15 12:59 AM
    But already unlocked from Amazon.
    The GSM side is unlocked on VZ too. All their phones are unlocked on the GSM side; that's why you can use a VZ Z30 on ATT and T-Mobile.

You can't use a non-VZ Amazon version on VZ. So the choice is $399 or $449, with the former having the flexibility of having VZ Direct support.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 01:08 AM