04-23-12 10:02 AM
56 123
tools
    Still no solution yet, oh I can't wait until I get the call from a collection agency about this.

I have a feeling it's not really "put on hold while we investigate"
    08-08-09 10:57 AM
    Look at the post 700 dollar bill i am going through this right now read the last post and it explains how they found mine. I had to go to a corporate store and have my buddy do some digging on the ACE # and and Location number of the phone for them i find it. Keep in mind my situation has not been resolved yet but so far its looking good.
    08-08-09 04:12 PM
    I really hope the person who did the digging is just a "buddy" cause you see him in the store all the time. Not a friend that you otherwise knew before he worked at Verizon because if he pulled up your account that would = termination.
    08-08-09 04:33 PM
    Its grounds for termination if i walk into the store state my issue he looks up the account. I ask him if there is anything i can do to get this credited back. He does some digging finds the ace and location # and he realizes the phone was received by verizon then shipped off to rim and fixed and being used by someone else for the last month and verizon stuck me with a 500 equipment charge? that is grounds for termination?
    08-08-09 10:08 PM
    If he is your friend outside of Verizon Wireless, then yes it is.
    08-08-09 10:30 PM
    Its grounds for termination if i walk into the store state my issue he looks up the account. I ask him if there is anything i can do to get this credited back. He does some digging finds the ace and location # and he realizes the phone was received by verizon then shipped off to rim and fixed and being used by someone else for the last month and verizon stuck me with a 500 equipment charge? that is grounds for termination?
    08-09-09 12:26 AM
    Again, if he is your friend outside verizon then yes its grounds for termination.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 04:02 AM
    my ex girlfriend also works there does that mean the next time she opens my account to process a bill or look something up for me i can get her fired? cause that would make me really happy!
    08-09-09 05:06 PM
    Yes you could. Pulling up friends & family accounts is against company policy and Verizon takes it very seriously.
    08-09-09 05:23 PM
    An Interesting point was brought up today.

Keep in mind that if a device replaced and then returmed and found to have liquid damage or physical damage, the company can charge for full retail of the device to your account.

Now the example given is that a rep told the customer that is was for the device not being returned, when in fact the warehouse noted some type of damage not disclosed by the customer and added the appropriate charge to the account.

Just a though for those who have gotten this charge. Not saying this is fact for your case though.
    08-09-09 06:11 PM
    In my case verizon is saying they never received the phone. through the process of using the ace # and location code it shows the phone was received but never process and sent to rim. Rim did some internal changes and changed the esn number. So any esn search verizon did was useless. Acorrding to the ace # and location code the phone is currently in use by a someone else since july 2nd. Exactly how they can tell this i am not sure but as long as they link it up which apperently they can i want my money back!!! i am a little pissed off! but the face i can get my ex fired is really making me happy
    08-09-09 06:57 PM
    sorry about the typos i did this on my storm that should give me some slack
    08-09-09 06:57 PM
    Why don't you use http://wap.crackberry.com to post from your storm
    08-09-09 09:52 PM
    An Interesting point was brought up today.

Keep in mind that if a device replaced and then returmed and found to have liquid damage or physical damage, the company can charge for full retail of the device to your account.

Now the example given is that a rep told the customer that is was for the device not being returned, when in fact the warehouse noted some type of damage not disclosed by the customer and added the appropriate charge to the account.

Just a though for those who have gotten this charge. Not saying this is fact for your case though.
    It might be the case, but we don't know for sure. I was reminded of a Dad-post a couple months ago and I certainly didn't want to try to duplicate it, so I searched for it. Same situation, just diff person. Here it is: with some emphasis I added.

I can always rely on you to be a voice of reason - sometimes even more than I can rely on me.

Large Shipper 101 (Receiving Department)

Thousands of incoming packages each day.

Shipments come in, batched & wrapped on a pallet, with a shipping bill.

Individual packages are bar coded & included in the shipping bill.

Receipt of this shipment is NOT receipt of anything of value. Using FedEx as an example, FedEx certifies that the packages on that pallet match what is on the shipping bill. The pallet is what is signed for & the receiving department having received the pallet shows each package was also received - but legally, the proof is still on FedEx, as the contents have not been verified.

At this point, all we have is FedEx certification and the receiver is not yet liable.

Pallet(s) get sent to secondary receiving, where the actual packages are verified, but not the contents. Each package is left unopened, but is counted & inspected for external damage, with documentation.

Individual packages are now matched with RAs (return authorizations) & sent to inspection. It is at inspection where the packages are opened & the contents verified. If there was any external package damages, the internal damage is also assessed at this point.

So by this point, which may now be a few days after receipt of the pallet, all we know is that the packages were received and that the contents matched. If at any time during this process, something doesn't match or isn't Kosher, the issue is sent for investigation. Regardless, we still don't have enough information to issue a credit.

Now it is time for tech inspection, where the contents are more closely inspected & checked for stated reason for return. With cell phones, externally or water damaged items get rejected. Unauthorized OS or damaging/incompatible software installs may get rejected or further checked to see if these caused the problem - and possibly rejected after the further inspection/testing.

So far, many points exist where the return may be rejected. But wait, there is another point to look at. At this point, the receiving center is not owned/run by the carrier; they are contracted by the carrier. Carriers specialize in mobile phone service & tend to outsource their returns to a company that does receiving. So many of the rejected or questionable returns are placed on a separate list for carrier acceptance. If the carrier does not accept the return, they may choose to send the device to the manufacturer to see if they will accept it.

Process to this point may have hit 45 days since the original pallet was accepted. If there were no questions on the return, odds are the carrier adds the credit within 48 business hours of being notified that all checked out, but a billing cycle may have overlapped, hence the two to three billing cycle quote for credit to show up. If there were exceptions, like damage, improper use, etc., and the manufacturer is involved, the credit, if it is ultimately issued, may not hit the billing system for 45 to 60 days after that pallet was received. Or, by the time a rejection letter is processed & sent to the customer, another 10-15 days may have elapsed, bringing us to as many as 75 days, or enough to affect three billing cycles.

Now if it was blatant fraud, a rock in a box perhaps, the process may be faster and there is an outside chance postal inspectors may show up with a warrant for your arrest, but I digress.

Many years ago, my then wife presented me with a package under the tree. It weighed quite a bit. I'd mentioned a particular item that I'd wanted and this package felt like either that item. I opened the box to find another box. After the fourth box, there was a layer of rocks covering yet another box. In the smallest box was a printed business card that directed me to my workbench off the garage. On the workbench was another box. I tore off the wrapping paper and written on the outside of that box was written words - Hope You Enjoy What I Got For Your Truck - thinking she did something special to my truck (and wondering if I'd have to kill her for messing with my truck), I ran into the garage. She did do something to my truck - she got it a companion - a brand new motorcycle - custom paint, seat, wheels & one mile on the odo.

The keys were in the box she'd put on the workbench. What's more, I completely missed the second box on my workbench - a full on Dillon Precision press, complete with dies.

And you think receiving a box is proof of what is inside? Neither do businesses that accept returns.
    08-10-09 12:32 AM
    This won't help but I find this funny. I returned a phone one time to Verizon and was billed months later saying they didn't receive it. This was about 9 years ago when my son was 2. When I called and argued with Verizon they said there was nothing they could do so we paid it and forgot about it. A couple of months later while cleaning out my son's toy box we found the phone. I then realized that I had sent in his toy phone on accident. I called Verizon to see if I could still return it and they said it was too late but they did give me 1/2 of what I paid because they had gotten such a laugh out of it. It was almost as funny as finding my car keys in his tape deck. I was missing those for a couple of months too!!
    08-11-09 01:36 PM
    *UPDATE*

After weeks of hearing nothing i decided to call back and try my luck, lets just say as soon as the CSR answered the phone I knew it was going to be a long conversation....

After 25+ minutes of explaining to LA'FAW'NDUH my situation, she was trying to make me pay the balance Obviously shw was not listening to one word I was telling her. Finally I advised her to check the notes on my account....hmmmmm what do you know, everything I told her was noted so she transferred me to tech support? I mean really....?

So I spoke to the chick from tech support and even though it was not tech related she was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more helpful than the previous *****.
    She went out of her way to put in another check with the warehouse to see if they found anything. In the mean time she got on the phone with financial services to make sure that the charges for the phone were put on hold while this is being taken care of.

Soooooo...this morning I get a phone call from VZW and who is it....that's right someone calling out my "outstanding balance" and of course she was rude. So before she got into her "you need to pay your bill" garbage I cut her off. I advised her to look at the notes on my account before she went any further. She read over them and said she would make sure this was put on hold while investigation was being held. So still no results and this is starting to get irritating.
    08-26-09 12:49 PM
    Her sister Sand-Juan-Duh Workes in Customer Service too I've talked to her
    That sucks sorry to hear they still haven't found it. Any sign of the order number or anything like that?
    08-26-09 12:53 PM
    Her sister Sand-Juan-Duh Workes in Customer Service too I've talked to her
    That sucks sorry to hear they still haven't found it. Any sign of the order number or anything like that?
    Nope....nothing
    08-26-09 12:55 PM
    *UPDATE*

Got the phone call today that I have been waiting for, the phone was found today so the charges are now removed. Other than the one experience dealing with the useless rep, IMO VZW customer service was good and they did what they said they were going to do!
    08-31-09 09:35 PM
    Glad it worked out for you. What a ride!
    08-31-09 09:50 PM
    Be sure to check your credit report as well.

08-31-09 09:57 PM
    I am not sure how you do this but a friend of mine had this happen to him a while back and he did the same thing you did. He threw away his Fedx paper away also... He some how found it on his laptop some where..

Also I know for a fact that Fedx can find it I lost a tracking conformation and all I had to do was give them my address and snap they were able to see wht packages were shiped from me and which ones were sent to my adress..

Good luck I am sure it is going to be just fine..
    08-31-09 10:02 PM
    Easiest thing to do is go into a verizon store and have them notate the account with the fedex tracking and then also hang onto the fedex reciept for a little over a year and you should have no problems
    09-01-09 12:04 AM
    I had something similar happen, albeit with my internet modem from comcast. My modem died, so when the service tech came to my house and installed the new one, he took the old one with him. A few weeks later, I get a letter in the mail saying I owed them 70 bucks for not returning it. I called and spoke with some ***** who worked there and explained that the tech took it when he left, and after nearly an hour on the phone, she finally gathered that I didn't have it and removed the charge.

09-01-09 02:17 PM
    *UPDATE*

Got the phone call today that I have been waiting for, the phone was found today so the charges are now removed. Other than the one experience dealing with the useless rep, IMO VZW customer service was good and they did what they said they were going to do!
    Good to hear!
    09-02-09 08:30 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD