04-23-12 10:02 AM
56 123
tools
    Ok so I got an email statement today from VZW and it said I had a balance of $750.15 I was like WTF MATE so I called customer service. I sope to a girl who was like 18 she was giggling the whole time she was on the phone. I explained to her what my issue was and was inquiring about why I had a bill that high. I just paid my recent bill but it had not posted yet my bill is $104 each month, anyway she asked me if I had returned a phone recently. I let her know that I sent my phone back that was defective like 2-3 months ago.

She then transfers me to Assurion, without even noticing that the phone was under warranty and that NO CLAIM WAS MADE WITH ASSURION. I get the Assurion rep on the phone, explain everything again and she stated that I had no claims with them. I already knew this so I politely hang up and instead of calling back and cursing someone out I will deal with this in the morning.

I know the phone was returned because I tracked it through FedEx then I threw away the tracking number. I mean that was like 3 months ago, has this happened to anyone else if so what did you do to resolve this? I have a feeling this will not end up good
    07-18-09 12:59 AM
    I would call and talk to a supervisor- if you have anyway to gather the tracking info, them get it. This will help a lot
    07-18-09 01:02 AM
    They can fill out a research form and find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 01:09 AM
    Yeah I know they can track it, it's just a matter of getting a hold of someone who knows what they are doing or is willing to help.
    I will update this in the morning after I speak with someone!
    07-18-09 01:15 AM
    Same thing happen to me with a dumb phone that my wife returned. Just keep your head it there somewhere.
    07-18-09 06:55 AM
    I would call and talk to a supervisor- if you have anyway to gather the tracking info, them get it. This will help a lot
    Always trying to escalate

07-18-09 07:08 AM
    In this case... I would say possibly escalating might be warrented. IF the rep is from an internal sight. Some of the outsource center supervisors have little they can do in this instance. I find it either ridiculous or impossible that they would charge you 3mo afterward enless there was some kind of physical damage that the manufacturer found on the phone. The charge for non return is slapped on quite quickly and then promptly removed once the phone is returned. NOW, I'm not saying that there was physical damage but the manufacturer will look for ANYTHING to dub it so, in order to recoup the monies cost for the replacement. I saw it happen a LOT at AT&T with the warrenty program.
    I would definately dig into it. I would because that is A LOT of money.
    Everyone is certainly on the right track.
    good luck.
    07-18-09 07:45 AM
    Thanks for the advice everyone, I just got off of the phone with VZW and they are investigating this with the folks who receieve the phones. They are going to trace it via the serial number to see if it was returned and when.

The funny thing is, this was for a phone I returned back in December, not the one I returned 3 months ago. So I hope this doesn't happen again in a few more months lol.
    07-18-09 09:05 AM
    omg this just happened to me just this month, i checked my bal and my bill was over 700.00, it was for my very first return from back in february, but thank goodness i had the tracking number, it was removed in 3 days
    07-18-09 05:58 PM
    omg this just happened to me just this month, i checked my bal and my bill was over 700.00, it was for my very first return from back in february, but thank goodness i had the tracking number, it was removed in 3 days
    Which is why it is very important to hold onto that tracking number after the device has been returned.
    07-18-09 08:53 PM
    I had the same problem about 6 months ago when i had a phone on my line that i got replaced through verizon the customer service rep did not do all that they were supposed to do on their part. Just call and they will work out the problem
    07-19-09 11:13 PM
    Call fedx get ur tracking number something happend to me

07-20-09 03:20 AM
    Call fedx get ur tracking number something happend to me

Can we safely assume they found you or are you posting from an unknown shipping terminal?
    . .

07-20-09 03:44 PM
    I'm going to give this another day and then call and get an update or something, the rep I talked to said she would call me but I know that may not happen. I have a reference number so hopefully I can get an answer soon.
    07-20-09 07:57 PM
    It happened to me with an LG Dare that I forgot to send back. I sent it back about 2 or 3 months after the 10 day period that Verizon has for returning a replacement phone. I lost the tracking number and my bill was at $650, so I called customer service and explained the situation. They were very nice and what they did was just track down the phone through the esn #. It took about 2 days for the warehouse to check on it, but I ended up not buying the huge bill. Call Customer Service, they'll help you out.
    07-21-09 06:40 PM
    Ok so I got an email statement today from VZW and it said I had a balance of $750.15 I was like WTF MATE so I called customer service. I sope to a girl who was like 18 she was giggling the whole time she was on the phone. I explained to her what my issue was and was inquiring about why I had a bill that high. I just paid my recent bill but it had not posted yet my bill is $104 each month, anyway she asked me if I had returned a phone recently. I let her know that I sent my phone back that was defective like 2-3 months ago.

She then transfers me to Assurion, without even noticing that the phone was under warranty and that NO CLAIM WAS MADE WITH ASSURION. I get the Assurion rep on the phone, explain everything again and she stated that I had no claims with them. I already knew this so I politely hang up and instead of calling back and cursing someone out I will deal with this in the morning.

I know the phone was returned because I tracked it through FedEx then I threw away the tracking number. I mean that was like 3 months ago, has this happened to anyone else if so what did you do to resolve this? I have a feeling this will not end up good

This actually happened to me and I sent Verizon copies of my fedex tracking number and where the phone was received and signed for. They still did nothing and eventually turned the account over to a collection agency.

I had to pay the collection agency and then fight with Verizon.

Finally after about four months they found the phone and issued me a refund check.

Even though I had the proof from FedEx that the phone was received no one seemed to care. I even talked to a district manager and they didn't care.

It was a headache, but at least it was finally resolved.
    07-22-09 02:17 PM
    Any update on the situation from the OP?
    07-22-09 03:48 PM
    Any update on the situation from the OP?
    Negative, I got a call from the girl who is working on this last week and they still have not found the phone. She stated that the notes on my account do not match up the phone not being there????

She said her and her manager will work on this together and she will call me back. My question is she apparently has the serial number since she had them search for the phone via the serial number, do they have access to the ESN number? Correct me if I am wrong, but they can see if the phone is in service via the ESN number?
    Last edited by fiveonethird; 07-31-09 at 06:24 PM.
    07-30-09 08:17 AM
    Still waiting to hear from someone...I'm half tempted to call and see if there are any answers
    07-31-09 06:24 PM
    Yeah should be able to see if its in service. If it had been given out to another customer then it will be obvious you need a credit.

07-31-09 06:30 PM
    I get the same crap from Verizon Wireless at work. We have 38 lines and as you can imagine, quite a few warranty claims. They tell you that you have 7 business days to return the defective handset/device or they will bill you the full retail price that they send out to you.

The funny part is that when they send you the replacement device, they include a prepaid Fedex shipping label for the claim.

The package tracking information shows that the device was shipped and accepted by VZW at their warehouse in Texas and it even shows who signed for the package but Verizon insists that they don't have it.

When I present the shipping information to them, they have told me that they could not account for the returned device in their warehouse. I simply told them that I don't care it that is not my problem. I did my part and shipped it back as directed...what they do with it is not my concern.

Just be patient and save all of your records.
    07-31-09 06:34 PM
    I get the same crap from Verizon Wireless at work. We have 38 lines and as you can imagine, quite a few warranty claims. They tell you that you have 7 business days to return the defective handset/device or they will bill you the full retail price that they send out to you.

The funny part is that when they send you the replacement device, they include a prepaid Fedex shipping label for the claim.

The package tracking information shows that the device was shipped and accepted by VZW at their warehouse in Texas and it even shows who signed for the package but Verizon insists that they don't have it.

When I present the shipping information to them, they have told me that they could not account for the returned device in their warehouse. I simply told them that I don't care it that is not my problem. I did my part and shipped it back as directed...what they do with it is not my concern.

Well if the tracking info was all that was required, then what would happen if people didn't send the phone back. They have to ensure the device is there in their possession and not an empty box.

07-31-09 07:06 PM
    That's pretty much what they are saying, even though I tracked it, saw it was delivered, they are saying it's no where to be found and I am responsible for $499

I will be calling to get an update on this by Monday if I do not hear anything.
    07-31-09 11:02 PM

What did they say after that? Did they drop the charge? xD it must be pretty funny telling them off like that.
    08-01-09 10:07 AM

Its 10 business days. And as long as like you said you keep ALL the info that comes with it, you cover your @ss so they don't have to.
    08-01-09 10:56 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD