does verizon check the esn of the phone you return if you cancel the line within the worry free guarentee?
    03-21-10 04:01 PM
    Hmmm sounds like you are trying to do something shady...

Yes, they do. So to answer your next question, no you cant return some bogus broken phone and keep the good one.
    03-21-10 04:05 PM
    When you're returning a phone they will check to make sure the phone is the exact same that you bought from them via ESN.

That's one of the conditions of walking from Verizon in your 30 day worry free period, to return the device that you purchased at subsidized price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 04:29 PM
    Some people..........
    03-21-10 05:40 PM
    A simple yes would have sufficed gang.
    03-21-10 06:55 PM
    What is the fun of that?
    Besides, this guy is trying to sell a brand new (4 day old) BB Tour on CB here.
    Last edited by jahoobob; 03-21-10 at 07:22 PM.
    03-21-10 07:18 PM
    What is the fun of that?
    Besides, this guy is trying to sell a brand new (4 day old) BB Tour on CB here.
    easy. I was asking a question for a friend. Do not jump to conclusions.

Thanks for those who answered my questions in a respectful manner
    03-21-10 07:46 PM
    YES!!

Is that better?...
    03-21-10 08:23 PM
    Don't lay the stick down PK. I wanted him to be informed

03-21-10 10:40 PM
    of course they do and also when someone is late on payment or just flakes out on them they will block an esn for lost and stolen phones, not paying bill and becomes delinquent after a certain period of time
    03-21-10 10:54 PM
    No one's in trouble just saying we shouldn't always assume the worst of folks.

03-21-10 11:54 PM
    Thank you for all your help in this matter. It was a simple question to answer.

Questioning my character is not appreciated or warranted.
    03-22-10 02:08 PM
    Oh we're not questioning your character, just using evidence to come to a logical conclusion. Coincidences are few and far between, and some say they don't exist.
    03-22-10 02:55 PM
    Thank you for all your help in this matter. It was a simple question to answer.

Questioning my character is not appreciated or warranted.
    You bought a phone from them. You decide to return it within the 30 day window. What possible legitimate reason could you have for trying to return a phone other than the one you bought? Please excuse us if we smell something rotten here... You got upset at people questioning your motivations, but have not provided any kind of explanation as to what legitimate reason you might have.
    03-22-10 03:05 PM
    You bought a phone from them. You decide to return it within the 30 day window. What possible legitimate reason could you have for trying to return a phone other than the one you bought? Please excuse us if we smell something rotten here... You got upset at people questioning your motivations, but have not provided any kind of explanation as to what legitimate reason you might have.
    This is a cell phone forum not a court of law. I am not obligated to defend myself for any wrong doing, when no wrong doing has been done.

End of story.
    03-22-10 03:55 PM
    Ah, okay, thanks for clearing *that* right up (I think the answer is pretty clear now...)
    03-22-10 03:57 PM
    Ah, okay, thanks for clearing *that* right up (I think the answer is pretty clear now...)
    Im sorry swartz if you feel like I owe you an explanation.
    03-22-10 04:01 PM
    Ok enough of this! The OP has his answer, now lets move on.
    03-22-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD