Hi!!!
    First I wanna say happy new year to all!

I just want to know if anybody experience this kind of thing.

I had 900 minutes before but I chose to switch back to 450 to cut back on expenses. Before, I barely hit 200 when I had 900 minutes. Now I'm up to 350 and i still have 18 days till everything resets.

I'm just wondering if Verizon cheats on their minutes. How come when I have 900 minutes, it barely scratches the surface but when I changed to 450, it's almost full. I might have to go back to 900 if this thing reaches to 450.

Thanks for your time!
    01-03-11 01:03 AM
    Add up the minutes of your call log on vzw.com
    01-03-11 01:16 AM
    I think the second line of your post explains it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 01:19 AM
    I think the second line of your post explains it

what do u mean? and i'm checking it right now
    01-03-11 01:21 AM
    Add up the minutes of your call log on vzw.com
    yeah i added up and it was right. it's just there were a lot of "1 minute" calls. i dunno why i get deducted 1 minute when the person on the other line didn't answer.

oh well i guess im going back to 900
    01-03-11 01:27 AM
    yeah i added up and it was right. it's just there were a lot of "1 minute" calls. i dunno why i get deducted 1 minute when the person on the other line didn't answer.

oh well i guess im going back to 900
    The person making the call gets billed regardless. The recipient only gets billed if they answer.
    01-03-11 01:35 AM
    Did you use Friends and Family when you had 900 minutes? You lose that when you drop to 450. So if any of your usage was with F&F, then that would explain the sudden increase.
    I highly doubt that they just tack on minutes to your usage...they wouldn't be in business if they were that shady.
    Regarding your minute calls, the usage is rounded up so if no one answered but it connected, then you are billed a minute for your call. It's not rocket science. You also signed an agreement stating you understood this.

How Does Verizon Wireless Calculate My Charges?

For charges based on the amount of time used or data sent or received, we'll round up any fraction to the next full minute or, depending on how you're billed for data usage, the next full megabyte or gigabyte. For outgoing calls, usage time starts when you first press SEND or the call connects to a network, and for incoming calls, it starts when the call connects to a network (which may be before it rings). Usage time may end several seconds after you press END or after the call disconnects. For calls made on our network, we only charge for calls that are answered, including by machines. For Postpay Service, usage cannot always be processed right away and may be included in a later bill, but the usage will still count towards your allowance for the month when the Service was used.
    ragna120k likes this.
    01-03-11 02:03 AM
    Did you use Friends and Family when you had 900 minutes? You lose that when you drop to 450. So if any of your usage was with F&F, then that would explain the sudden increase.
    I highly doubt that they just tack on minutes to your usage...they wouldn't be in business if they were that shady.
    Regarding your minute calls, the usage is rounded up so if no one answered but it connected, then you are billed a minute for your call. It's not rocket science. You also signed an agreement stating you understood this.
    yeah i guess. oh well i'm just gonna go back to 900. thanks .
    01-03-11 02:05 AM
    if the girl youre trying to call doesnt pick up ..dont call her again. lesson learned.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-03-11 04:39 PM
    [QUOTE=Tiguere;5918413]if the girl youre trying to call doesnt pick up ..dont call her again. lesson learned.[/QUOTE

Lol whaat? I wake her up. I'm her personal alarm clock. Don't judge me !!!!!!!!

01-03-11 04:45 PM
    You use minutes checking voicemail too.

01-03-11 07:38 PM
    Someone said that if you call your phone number instead of calling *86, it counts as verizon to verizon instead.
    01-03-11 09:13 PM
    If you have a smartphone you can download the My Verizon app for free and it shows you how many minutes, texts, data you've used and updates daily so you can check and monitor your usage.
    01-03-11 09:22 PM
    Someone said that if you call your phone number instead of calling *86, it counts as verizon to verizon instead.
    That stopped working about 5 years ago

01-04-11 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD