So I've been reading on my facebook and twitter accounts that people are furious about this price hike. I am curious how many people will be affected by this. I have sprint but I am enrolled in autopay so if I had vz it wouldn't affect me.

Sound off and let me know how many of you still may your bill manually via phone or online every month and does this price increase bother you at all?

Sent from my blackberry indented thumbs via Tapatalk
    12-29-11 02:15 PM
    I pay using electronic check, and apparently electronic checks don't pay the free so I'm fine with it.

You'll be charged the $2 if you:
    • Pay with a credit or debit card online
    • Pay with a credit of debit card via Verizon's call-in channels

The "good" news here is that there are ways to avoid that $2 fee. You can:
    • Pay by electronic check
    • Use auto-pay -- which allows you to pay via debit or credit card, or electronic check
    • Direct bill pay via your bank
    • In-store payments
    • Verizon gift, rebate or rewards cards
    • An old-school paper check mailed to Verizon
    12-29-11 02:19 PM
    I either pay with electronic check or through my banks bill pay so I wouldnt be affected.
    12-29-11 02:44 PM
    I pay on the site, and I prefer to do that. I will, however, not pay an extra $2 a month to do this. They are already the highest charging provider in the United States, and they think that this is really necessary? I guess I will have to make the change to paying through my bank's website, which I am not that crazy about either.

I hope that enough stink is raised regarding this that VZ decides to eliminate this fee.
    12-29-11 03:09 PM
    Could someone please point to a VZW source that discusses the $2 surcharge for using a credit/debit card for paying one's bill online? I do this and have not been surcharged nor have I seen any notices that it was going to start.
    12-29-11 03:18 PM
    Could someone please point to a VZW source that discusses the $2 surcharge for using a credit/debit card for paying one's bill online? I do this and have not been surcharged nor have I seen any notices that it was going to start.
    Answering my own question: Customers Encouraged to Use Options to Avoid Single Payment Fee That Starts Jan. 15
    12-29-11 03:41 PM
    I pay on the site, and I prefer to do that. I will, however, not pay an extra $2 a month to do this. They are already the highest charging provider in the United States, and they think that this is really necessary? I guess I will have to make the change to paying through my bank's website, which I am not that crazy about either.

I hope that enough stink is raised regarding this that VZ decides to eliminate this fee.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, in 2011 they said they had about 107.7 million subs. I would venture about 50% of people pay via online and over the phone, if not more. That makes about 107.7 million extra dollars a month. That's one heck of a bonus!

The 15-20 people I know all pay online and they're not happy but don't say they'll change their way of payment? That's nuts. It stinks because its a corporate move so no matter how much you say to a cs agent there is really nothing they can do about it.

Sent from my blackberry indented thumbs via Tapatalk
    12-29-11 08:40 PM
    If you pay via echeck, you can save that echeck payment info online with VZW, so you don't have to re-enter it everytime. Then every month, when ready, just go online and send it through and it will be posted right away.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    12-29-11 09:08 PM
    The $2 charge wouldn't affect me because there is a VZW store in the building where I work, but it is still crazy that they are doing this.

Especially with paying your bill online. I know a lot of companies charge a fee for using their automated system. That fee is even pricier when speaking to a live rep.

But they all usually push for consumers to pay online or sign up for autopay.

I personally know 20 people who have gotten rid on VZW at some point this year. I know another 12 or so who have been talking about dumping VZW because they need to cut back on some things.

Hearing news like this may have just made their decision easier.

But VZW doesn't care, because as long as they are the "top dog" in the industry, they will continue to flex their arrogance.
    12-29-11 10:01 PM
    I'm still the PAPER check kind of payer!!!! But I still find it outrageous. NBC News had a segment - folks were incredulous that you could go into a store, "waste" a clerk's time, use credit/debit there and NOT pay the fee. While online, you pay the fee.

Oh, well, this is kind of like the debit card fiasco a month or so ago.
    12-29-11 10:02 PM
    If you were using a VISA branded card, please file your complaint with VISA directly about the Surcharge Fee violation via this form... https://usa.visa.com/checkoutfees/contact.jsp

If you were using another card brand, search for their merchant violation complaint form and file your complaint please.

Fight Verizon's Surcharge Fee via these channels because it's in direct violation of the merchant rules regardless of what they call this fee.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 12-30-11 at 02:30 AM.
    12-30-11 02:23 AM
    If you were using a VISA branded card, please file your complaint with VISA directly about the Surcharge Fee violation via this form... https://usa.visa.com/checkoutfees/contact.jsp

If you were using another card brand, search for their merchant violation complaint form and file your complaint please.

Fight Verizon's Surcharge Fee via these channels because it's in direct violation of the merchant rules regardless of what they call this fee.
    ...and what about the gas stations that give you a "discount" for paying cash? Fact is...there are loop holes in these credit card agreements.

This is nothing but a money grab by VZW and as long as the kiosk in the VZW store is exempt from the fee I'm fine...or I'll pay by check.

What's funny about this is every month I pay at the kiosk and immediately start getting texts and emails telling to pay on line. HUH???!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-11 08:19 AM
    The only reason that I am with Verizon is because of their coverage. No other provider comes close where I live. I certainly don't stay with them for their low prices.
    12-30-11 08:37 AM

My feelings are the same. I did call and complain though and it was sent to the complaints office.
    12-30-11 10:54 AM
    I use "auto pay" which charges my visa card every month. According to Verizon's own reasoning the bank charges from people using CC's is what they're trying to avoid. So this doesn't make a lot of sense. The only thing I can come up with is perhaps they want to also push customers onto auto pay as this is a sure thing for them with the least amount of hassle they would need to deal with.
    12-30-11 11:49 AM
    Just read they "nixed" this.
    12-30-11 02:39 PM
    yeah i guess they saw the fcc stuff and heard alot of twitter and facebook feedback. someone smartened up in vzville, lol
    12-30-11 02:50 PM
    Yes, they had a blurb on the news, apparently the backlash was stunning.
    12-30-11 03:01 PM
    yeah jim i would imagine they could have gotten away with a $ hike for something like sprint with their 10 premium data charge or extra for certain phones like killer androids or an iphone. to affect everybody with a cost like that, even the dumbphone users are affected is wrong.

it showed, lol
    12-30-11 03:08 PM
    yeah jim i would imagine they could have gotten away with a $ hike for something like sprint with their 10 premium data charge or extra for certain phones like killer androids or an iphone. to affect everybody with a cost like that, even the dumbphone users are affected is wrong.

it showed, lol
    When you target a crowd, prepare to be surrounded. Sounds like good advice to a forum troll, as well.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the $10 Smartphone charge, but, I'm still getting a decent value for my $$
    12-30-11 03:33 PM
    When you target a crowd, prepare to be surrounded. Sounds like good advice to a forum troll, as well.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the $10 Smartphone charge, but, I'm still getting a decent value for my $$
    yeah im holding off on the 9930 for as long as possible. new contract is up in june/sept ish and im dreading paying an extra $30 a month on all my 3 lines.

att would be 30 bux cheaper but i would have 2gb data and no nav.
    12-30-11 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD