In order to combat Global Warming VzW will be participating in Earth Hour where we shut off power for one hour to raise awareness for our climate change going on.

All towers and switches will shut down for one hour tonight @ 10PM EST (7PM PST). All voice and data services will be offline for one hour. There will be an exception for emergency calls.

Service will resume at 11PM Eastern (8PM Pacific).
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 04-01-09 at 05:53 PM.
    04-01-09 05:37 PM
    Your attempt at an April fools day joke? Sorry, Twins won that by becoming brainwashed into the Iphone crowd.
    04-01-09 05:41 PM
    Nope. Not April Fools.
    04-01-09 05:43 PM
    I heard about this and some local engineers confirmed it.

Since I know the global warming thing is a hoax designed to scare people into relinquishing power to an overseeing nanny-state type of government levying higher & higher taxes, I won't do business with companies who participate in such trash.

Its one of the reasons I am really looking forward to life on AT&T, starting tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 05:43 PM
    Especially pulling off pointless "feel good" BS that is negated by the sudden surge in demand when they boot it back up. Buncha dolts, baa-baa. Sheep, nice skin, nice wool, tasty on the dinner table!

04-01-09 05:54 PM
    I think the U.N. New York office saved $102 during theirs. I think it's ridiculous too.
    04-01-09 05:55 PM
    Earth hour as far as know already happened. New Mexico did this a bit ago
    04-01-09 06:00 PM
    Could you imagine the lawsuits?
    04-01-09 06:02 PM
    Earth hour as far as know already happened. New Mexico did this a bit ago
    We know - it was all over the news about how NM was 51 weeks late for the 2008 demonstration.

In honor of NM and the supreme power of God being in control, during that hour I always fire everything up - every light, every fan, three house A/C units, plus the one in the shop - turn on the hot tub (minus gas heater) and the pool pump.

Gotta test the electric load sometime!

04-01-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD