hello,, just a thought i came across.. i remember being in canada and verizon was available there on the highway...the one that begins when I-81 starts...i think its 401...yea so i was with my dad in canada on on my phone it said Verizon Wireless..i didn't have a blackberry at the time...so it was right on my screen....so why does it say verizon...and dont tell me it was Telus bc then alot further down the road when i got to Ottawa it was roaming of course...and i was like 2 hours from the border when it was saying verizon on my phone
    08-24-10 03:51 PM
    I was in Ontario in April and staying at the Hilton over the falls. In my Hotel room and in the general area, I had Verizon service. Once I ventured out a bit, it changed back to Rogers. I never stayed with verizon that far out though. but hey, if it says Verizon, then I'd be inclinded to believe you werent roaming
    08-25-10 10:22 PM
    yep i even set it to home only and i was gettiing service
    08-26-10 10:38 AM
    anyone no why?
    08-28-10 01:42 PM
    anyone no why?
    If you zoom in on the coverage map near the US/Canadian border, it shows Verizon service for a decent way into Canada. My guess is that the carriers allow free roaming (or they have a SID there that maps to your home carrier) in case you live near the border, but pick up a foreign cell tower, you won't constantly get charged Canadian rates.

Just a guess tho!
    08-29-10 12:28 PM
    that other coverage in canada is roaming...so it shows the coverage roaming too....and i was charged when i was roaming when i was there when it said roaming
    08-30-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD