03-24-11 10:53 AM
64 123
tools
    Once you said Sprint and T would make more sense it showed you don't know what you are talking about
    And if you'd kept reading you would had read that I acknowledged that T-mo is gsm vs Sprint cdma/iden/wimax. When I stated that t-mo and sprint would make sense I meant that they'd make sense as in brand images/perception. Also according to an industry insider there have been talks/speculations about a Tmo/sprint merger posted on fiercewireless.com, how's that for not knowing what im talking about. Next time read the whole post and get your head out from your behind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by WhoolioPreludee; 03-20-11 at 08:34 PM.
    03-20-11 08:31 PM
    Anyway. ATT just agreed to buy Tmo for $39 Billion. Gsm monopoly anyone?
    03-20-11 09:03 PM
    Anyway. ATT just agreed to buy Tmo for $39 Billion. Gsm monopoly anyone?
    Unfortunately, that precedent doesn't work. The XM/Sirius merger is an example of that.

If it meant that AT&T/T-Mobile were the only national wireless carrier the argument would work.

When VZW/ALLTEL merged, a whole bunch of markets had to be sold off. The same thing is going to happen here too. In the end, portions of each company will be sold off in bits and pieces.
    03-20-11 09:43 PM
    Verizon has to buy Sprint to stay #1.
    Troll much?
    03-20-11 10:52 PM
    Thats not going to happen... there going to take a page out of the"ATT & CINGULAR" book........rememmber?? File bankruptcy change the name for two years and come back as SPRINT stronger and better. Its happened before it WILL happen again
    03-20-11 11:05 PM
    FYI of interest to this thread -- from CNN.com today, Headline of "Time for Verizon to Buy Sprint?": Sprint's endgame is grim, unless Verizon comes calling - Mar. 23, 2011
    03-23-11 08:55 AM
    Verizon already came out and said they are not interested in buying Sprint.

Verizon Not Interested in Buying Sprint - PCWorld
    03-23-11 10:31 AM
    That would not be good for the comsumers...only two major carriers? Talk about a hike in price.
    03-23-11 11:20 AM
    and what about Contracts for 3 years instead of 2 years?
    our good neighbors up North have that and they have more networks than here.
    03-23-11 11:27 AM
    Nascar Verizon Cup just doesn't have a good ring to it.
    03-23-11 11:55 AM
    Nascar Verizon Cup just doesn't have a good ring to it.
    Sounds better than Winston Cup.
    03-23-11 12:08 PM
    and what about Contracts for 3 years instead of 2 years?
    our good neighbors up North have that and they have more networks than here.
    Um...no they don't.
    03-24-11 01:36 AM
    Um...no they don't.
    REALLY?

Canada :

Roger Wireless, Fido , Chatr, Bell Mobility, Solo , Virgin Mobile Canada, Telus, Koodo, Mike , SaskTel Mobility, MTS Mobility, Wind Mobile, Videotron Cellulaire, Mobilicity, Public Mobile and Shaw Mobility.

US:

AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon ,Sprint, US Cellular, Metro PCS, Tracfone, Alltel, Cricket.

as for the plans : Technically you can opt for a 1 yr, 2 yr or 3 yr contract.
    but if you want to get the US pricing equivalent, you have to sign up for 3 yrs.

here's an example for the BlackBerry Torch on Rogers

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...WIR_LowerBadge
    03-24-11 03:51 AM
    REALLY?

Canada :

Roger Wireless, Fido , Chatr, Bell Mobility, Solo , Virgin Mobile Canada, Telus, Koodo, Mike , SaskTel Mobility, MTS Mobility, Wind Mobile, Videotron Cellulaire, Mobilicity, Public Mobile and Shaw Mobility.

US:

AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon ,Sprint, US Cellular, Metro PCS, Tracfone, Alltel, Cricket.

as for the plans : Technically you can opt for a 1 yr, 2 yr or 3 yr contract.
    but if you want to get the US pricing equivalent, you have to sign up for 3 yrs.

here's an example for the BlackBerry Torch on Rogers

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...WIR_LowerBadge
    You're including MVNOs , which makes the disparity even greater, you left out a lot, say again, a LOT, of notable US providers without even touching on MVNOs (I included a few):

US Network operators: AT&T, VZW, Sprint, T-Mobile, TracFone (MVNO), MetroPCS, US Cellular, Leap Wireless (owns Cricket), Clearwire (51%+ owned by Sprint), Cellular South, CellComm, Immix, Revol Wireless, West Central Wireless, ALLTEL, Cincinnati Bell, nTelos, SouthernLINC, GCI, Alaska Comm.

If you want to include MVNOs, add these to the US list: 7-Eleven, Assuance Wireless, Boost, Common Cents Mobile, Consumer, Hawaiian, I-Wireless, Jitterbug, Kajeet, KDDI, Liberty, Lucky, MOSH, Movida, Page Plus, Net10, Trumpet, Virgin Mobile (owned by Sprint)

In Canada - Rogers, Bell, Telus, SaskTel, MTS, Wind, Videotron, TBayTel, DMTS Mobility, Telebec, CityWest, ICE Wireless, NMI, NorthernTel, Public Mobile

If you throw in the MVNOs: 7-Eleven, Chatr, CityFone, DCI Telecom, Fido, Koodo, PC Mobile, Petro-Canada, Primus, SearsConnect, Solo Mobile, uWho Wireless, Virgin Mobile Canada.

...and the rest is basic addition.

I don't care if a carrier offers a 3-year contract. I know my devices don't last that long, and as fast that technology moves, that option doesn't serve me. Others perhaps.

Next, you'll be advocating that US carriers adopt Canadian rate plans...they bend over up there for data. They can keep it north of the border.
    03-24-11 10:53 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD