So verizon has the free deal with the tour. My question is I've been meaning to get my father one since he's on a piece of **** world blackbery.

Now I don't need the tour as I'm using a storm but my girlfriend would like a new BlackBerry. Problem is she isn't on the same account as mr and my father. Would I be able to get the two tours? Or would I have to sweet talk a manager?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 10:36 PM
    "Devices can be on different accounts, but must be the same account owner"
    09-04-09 11:05 PM
    Where did you hear that?? I wouldn't even be able to process a BOGO between 2 account numbers if the account name was identical in the system. The BOGO for us only applies to 2 lines on the same account and both must be eligible for upgrade. Don't know how many times I hear people ask if they get 2 incase one breaks thinking they get 2 phones for their one line...

09-04-09 11:27 PM
    The devices can be on two different accounts as long as its the same account owner...... and of course both lines need to be eligible to upgrade...

...and that's the policy...
    09-04-09 11:33 PM
    I can't believe people actually ask if they can have a second one in case the other breaks... That's just plain dumb.

09-05-09 03:21 AM
    R.O.C is absolutely right; in fact its practically verbatum from the policy. The only way u can bogo on two accounts is if its the same account owner. I've seen the repercussions of a store not holding to this. Customer 2 gets retail price chged to bill... Yuck.
    Nada that we can do in tech/ccare its a valid charge. Or the credit would be dealt with at POS. Where I'm sure the s h i t would roll downhill quick.

09-05-09 06:58 AM
    I can't believe people actually ask if they can have a second one in case the other breaks... That's just plain dumb.

Oh we hear it all the time. The problem is the public looks as VZW stores as a phone retailer, instead of a service provider. I've had many arguments with people over the same issue.
    09-05-09 07:36 AM
    The devices can be on two different accounts as long as its the same account owner...... and of course both lines need to be eligible to upgrade...

...and that's the policy...

Correct, no need for this thread to continue any further.
    09-05-09 01:20 PM
    Correct, no need for this thread to continue any further.
    Agreed - but with a followup question.

Previous BOGOs (various devices) allowed friends to each get one, didn't they?

09-05-09 01:26 PM
    Nope, the policy has been "has to been on the same account" There may have been manager exceptions done as long as both accounts were properly notated. Now as long as the accounts have the same "account owner" it can be done and not get dinged by an auditor.
    09-05-09 01:44 PM
    Nope, the policy has been "has to been on the same account" There may have been manager exceptions done as long as both accounts were properly notated. Now as long as the accounts have the same "account owner" it can be done and not get dinged by an auditor.
    Cool - was trying to figure out where the idea was that two friends on two accounts could share a BOGO - even I thought I remembered offers like that, but have never tried or asked.

Failing memory, I guess. .

09-05-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD