06-16-08 04:52 PM
33 12
tools
    I work for Alltel and the transaction went through. Anyone on Alltel won't see any changes till the end of the year. We got a bunch of e-mails too. I just hope that we don't have to switch to their software
    06-07-08 11:43 AM
    I think this could in fact be a very good thing. the whole price war stuff is just a big fraud most of the time anyways. I really could careless about who's cheaper than who. its about do you get the service you pay for and do they carry the products you want. So let us hope we get the better end of the deal cause its going to be interesting.
    06-08-08 01:15 AM
    I think this could in fact be a very good thing. the whole price war stuff is just a big fraud most of the time anyways. I really could careless about who's cheaper than who. its about do you get the service you pay for and do they carry the products you want. So let us hope we get the better end of the deal cause its going to be interesting.
    yes i agree you get what you pay for but i look at it this way i pay $90 for my smartphone plan through alltel with and additional $20 for each additional line thats with 600 anytime mins nights and weekends starting @ 7 unlimited web access, unlimited text and picture messaging, mobile to mobile, and my circle 10. and my bill is never over 140 for 3 phones. not to mention i get amazing coverage out here in bfe nebraska. i can be anywhere and do anything with my alltel berry. now my girlfriend had VZW when she moved down here to live with me and she couldnt recieve picture messages unless we were in a bigger city like lincoln or omaha. i dont want to have to travel just to recieve messages i want to be able to get them where ever im at. and looking at VZW's voice and data plans just to get 450 anytime mins im spending $100 bucks already thats just for my line not to mention the other two i have so unless VZW can incorperate the services that alltel has which will benefit their customers too and maybe not drop to alltels prices but maybe make it an average of the two it and if with the merger and taking over alltels towers can promise amazing coverage in the rural areas of bfe where i live then it might not be that bad. But without my circle im never going to be happy. not to mention the only other service provider anywhere near here is veiro and usc and come on both of those companies are a JOKE!!!!
    06-08-08 02:10 PM
    well VZW must not have contracts to use the towers in your area, which they do have contracts in alot of others. Im sorry alot of alltel users feel this way. I have two BB and one regular phone so thats three lines with $110 for the first two lines $9.99 for my third this is 1400 anytime unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited anytime to anyone SMS/MMS messages. plus two unlimited data plans at $29.99 each, thats around $180 before my employer discount. True maybe the circle ideal is nice but i think it distracts from the big goal of not paying for minutes and just paying an access fee and have unlimited calls.
    06-08-08 03:02 PM
    Would VErizon get the black Curve?
    06-09-08 04:22 PM
    I used to work at Nextel back in the day, as did my hubby, they said what a great deal it was.

We worked in the NOC, and most of our friends have been laid off, cause Sprint bit off more than they could chew with that one. Nextel service sucks since sprint got it, and IMHO, Sprint should have kept the nextel CS, instead of their own.

I'm still in telecom, and part of my duties is to "watch" part of the VZW network. VZW is one of our largest customers, while it's prolly good business, i don't see how it's good for the consumer.
    06-15-08 02:48 PM
    Good for VZ. Lets hope they will keep the good service that Altel gave their customers in the rural areas?
    06-16-08 07:57 AM
    Good for VZ. Lets hope they will keep the good service that Altel gave their customers in the rural areas?
    There should be no difference in terms of the technical side of things. You'll still get what you got.
    06-16-08 04:52 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD