06-16-08 05:52 PM
33 12
tools
    I read on PhoneArena and now Reuters that Verizon could be purchasing Alltel:

Verizon in talks to buy Alltel for about $27 billion: source | Technology | Reuters

Any thoughts?
    06-04-08 10:12 PM
    What's Chad going to do? LOL, looks like the red-headed VZW guy will get a big laugh in the end.
    06-05-08 12:52 AM
    27 billions... All I want is 1/1000th of that! Maybe even 1/10000!
    06-05-08 12:54 AM
    I can't count that far, then again, I shouldn't have any problem balancing my check book! LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 01:12 PM
    06-05-08 01:16 PM
    If I'm right I think they already bought them.

06-05-08 05:07 PM
    alltel had good customer service. i hope verizon keeps up.
    06-05-08 05:32 PM
    i hope they keep my circle.
    06-05-08 05:36 PM
    Ya my circle would be sweet!

06-05-08 05:45 PM
    if this goes through verizon would pay over $2500 for each alltel customer. A little ridiculous if you ask me, then again Sprint paid about the same for Nextel back in the day
    06-05-08 06:57 PM
    What is my circle?

-db

06-05-08 07:00 PM
    In addition to the customers, they're actually paying to expand their network. I believe it's an additional 57 markets that Verizon will now service that they didn't before, which will only boost business in those regions. They'll pretty much no longer been in need of roaming on Sprint at all, which is another plus.
    06-05-08 07:34 PM
    What is my circle?

-db

LOL you really want to know:
    06-05-08 08:11 PM
    Verizon won't keep my circle... It would be nice for the Alltel customers and even Verizon.

I honestly think the gov't shouldn't let this happen. Soon, there will be two carriers. (assuming sprint will just die and t-mobile bought out by AT&T) This won't be good for consumers. This just means less competition, less competitive pricing.
    06-05-08 08:59 PM
    I work for Verizon we got the company email today that this was in fact taking place. We were told today by the company if it goes thru it would take place around the end of 08.
    06-05-08 09:47 PM
    It's true! I work at verizon and we did buy alltell today for $23.1 it now gives us even more coverage in areas we didn't have it before... it could be the end of the year though for alltell to be fully under vzw.
    06-06-08 12:02 AM
    justagirl...what section do you work for? wireless? im in the VZ Business entity...ex-MCI employee....
    06-06-08 12:21 AM
    This will be a good merge for Us at alltel and verizon. This will only make this company better. Its to bad that alltel will loose there name but alltel has a bigger cust base since alltel is a small company still. But the merge will be good. Just job sercurity is a lil scary though
    06-06-08 12:27 AM
    Verizon won't keep my circle... It would be nice for the Alltel customers and even Verizon.

I honestly think the gov't shouldn't let this happen. Soon, there will be two carriers. (assuming sprint will just die and t-mobile bought out by AT&T) This won't be good for consumers. This just means less competition, less competitive pricing.
    ATT will NEVER have the money to buy out T-mobile. Deutch Telcom is a HUGE company with a massive global presence and more money than some know. They would never let T-Mo USA go because it has consistantly been their FASTEST growing division of the company. If anything T-Mo would snatch up ATT first but I doubt they want that much drama. I see them snatching up all the reigonal carriers to boost their own coverage and gain more spectrum like they did in NC recently. T-Mobile is fine right where they are. I prefer to think of them as the sleeping giant much like Vodafone is behind verizon.
    06-06-08 07:09 AM

the Gubment should not block this purchase there are several other smaller carriers that compete with vzw and att through lower prices. this will only expand vzw coverage and service and pose a bigger threat to att, now dont be jealous
    06-06-08 12:16 PM
    I can see it sucking for Alltel users with that 20 person circle deal, consiering verizon doesn't have a circle deal of any type. Hopefully they will introduce that circle thing to verizon instead of eliminate it from Alltel.
    06-06-08 12:27 PM
    the Gubment should not block this purchase there are several other smaller carriers that compete with vzw and att through lower prices. this will only expand vzw coverage and service and pose a bigger threat to att, now dont be jealous
    Not jealous... I would rather have had Verizon buy Sprint out then Alltel. Alltel is a good company with good competitive pricing and Sprint is just hanging on it's last leg. Verizon would get more customers and more coverage. It also sucks for Alltel folks that will not be able to get MyCircle when everything is said and done.
    06-06-08 07:52 PM
    Yes the rumors are true lol veriz+n has offically annouced that they have aquired alltel the merge should be complete by the end of the year.
    06-07-08 10:39 AM
    Verizon tried to buy sprint but it wasn't allowed the fcc said that it would turn into a monopoly. That would be totally awesome if it could happen but I"ll settle for alltel now lol
    06-07-08 10:43 AM
    This is a bad deal all the way around. Verizon has to take on substantial debt to do this, and puts them in a really dangerous position financially. Verizon is losing land line customers and the cash flow that they generate. If they don't have enough cash to service their debt, what are they going to do? Lay off employees and raise prices, which hurts us all. If they default on their debt, they will probably go straight to Uncle Sugar (i.e. US taxpayers) for a bailout. There are better ways to spend 20+ billion and keep a business thriving.
    Last edited by lobofan22; 06-07-08 at 12:42 PM.
    06-07-08 12:37 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD