12-11-09 03:34 PM
28 12
tools
    What for?
    Umm.. the closest ATT 3G to me is 7 hrs away in all directions except north where it doesn't exist at all. The closest edge network is 4.5 hours away and its only a small "island" in a sea of VZW 3G that has been here at least 3 years already

They have a lot of work to do on their 3G, if nothing else public opinion about it.
    12-11-09 09:05 AM
    Well dad, I normally agree with you, but not here. I am a firefighter, an EMS worker, and I plow snow this time of year - a job that requires me to be on call 24 hours a day. I could literally be awake at any given hour of any given day. However, I don't find it normal to want to call customer service at 3 AM. Tech support perhaps, but since they have 24 hour service, that's not an issue. Some might argue that a phone would "need" to be replaced, but if your phone is that important that you can't go without it, I would expect you to carry a spare seeing as how a replacement won't come for 2 days anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's a straw man arguement anyway. If you were choosing between ATT and Verizon, would the criteria at the top of the list be 24 hour customer service or not? While I would bet at someone would think like that, that would not be the deciding criteria, at least for me.

The fact that blackberry's allegedly are the choice of pimps, crack dealers and the pres. only wants to make me run out and get the Tour 2.
    12-11-09 09:44 AM
    Well dad, I normally agree with you, but not here. I am a firefighter, an EMS worker, and I plow snow this time of year - a job that requires me to be on call 24 hours a day. I could literally be awake at any given hour of any given day. However, I don't find it normal to want to call customer service at 3 AM. Tech support perhaps, but since they have 24 hour service, that's not an issue. Some might argue that a phone would "need" to be replaced, but if your phone is that important that you can't go without it, I would expect you to carry a spare seeing as how a replacement won't come for 2 days anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree. If a person lost or broke their phone at 3AM, Customer Service (non-Technical) would not be able to get that person a new one before the customer could get to store at 9AM. All other stuff can just about be handled on My Verizon - check on order status, pay a bill, etc. This is a BS non-issue that is a trolling. Looks like the OP has a good catch on this one. Maybe he ought to go on the Discovery Channel with a new show called "Deadest Catch."
    12-11-09 03:34 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD