How do I use my own CDMA device with VZW's new no-contract plans? I can see online how to do a MTM and pay full price for a phone, but how do I use a CDMA handset I currently already own?
    09-29-08 10:55 PM
    If its not a verizon phone you can't. They can't be unlocked like a gsm one to use on other carriers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 11:07 PM
    It's a Verizon-branded phone. Also, part of Big Red's announcement was that it only had to be US CDMA - Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular, etc devices are all welcome as long as they're US CDMA.

All that is irrelevant, though. I have a VZW XV-6800 sitting here that I'd like to use on one of their new MTM plans but I can't figure out how to select the BYOD option.
    09-29-08 11:10 PM
    Ohhh ok I see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 11:11 PM
    You need to call telesales at 800 2 join in
    09-30-08 12:45 AM
    at one point i actually had a treo 600 ( i know..yuck) that i bought off ebay and i guess someone had changed it to be on the verizon network... it was actually a bell mobile out of canada.. anyways i get the phone start it up, it comes up with the verizon logo..call customer service and they could not locate the device with the esn number....finally after 3 days they were able to do it... i went back to my flip phone in 2 days after all that... it can be done somehow.. good luck trying to find out..
    09-30-08 09:07 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice if you could purchase a device from another carrier that doesn't lock its GPS, and then take it to the Verizon network? Wishful thinking...
    10-02-08 11:29 AM
    Wouldn't it be nice if you could purchase a device from another carrier that doesn't lock its GPS, and then take it to the Verizon network? Wishful thinking...
    lollol lolllol sorry but yes that is some wishfull thinking
    10-04-08 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD