02-11-09 07:41 PM
33 12
tools
    Hang on - just realized my last post wasn't very helpful.

If you really want to scam VZW, get your two phones & two lines with a two year contract. Wait a couple weeks, then split the account with a friend taking the second line.

VZW will then place the new account & maybe even the first one on a 1 year contract.

Voila, two year deal with a 54 week commitment. What a deal!

I believe the much beloved & inferior competition will hold you to the original commitment even after the split.
    entirely false.

yes, by doing an AOL the line transferred to the new account is automatically placed on a 1yr, however the upgrade date will still stay the same as it was when the contract was originally signed on the 1st account.
    02-06-09 08:08 PM
    i don't know if i saw this but i think they have to have a bb data plan when buying them which i dont know why you have a bb without data kindof kills the product but i think they throw that in the fine print
    02-06-09 10:49 PM
    There is no change from the normal BOGO promotional deals..if you keep the blackberry active on the line, of course the bb plan is required for the 2 years, however if you switch out the device to another device, you do not have to keep the data plan on the line.
    according to the 611 rep, he said a BB data feature is "required" for 2 years

don't know if thats enforceable if u try to activate a non bb on that 2nd line later but... I won't risk it if that was the plan
    02-07-09 12:30 AM
    Hang on - just realized my last post wasn't very helpful.

If you really want to scam VZW, get your two phones & two lines with a two year contract. Wait a couple weeks, then split the account with a friend taking the second line.

VZW will then place the new account & maybe even the first one on a 1 year contract.

Voila, two year deal with a 54 week commitment. What a deal!

I believe the much beloved & inferior competition will hold you to the original commitment even after the split.
    thats not a scam. The person taking over the 2nd line is paying for the discount u received when u did the deal in the first place! I'm not gonna get into things with u again but I hate when u call ppl "scammers" for trying save a few bucks from a multi billion dollar company that prides itself and has a reputation of squeezing us for those few bucks as well!
    02-07-09 12:39 AM
    but if someone takes the 2nd line, I'm willing to bet that they will need that blackberry storm or curve as the BB data part will be contractual and would require that phone. So its not an option any way.

So as I said, its a deal that affects way too few ppl to be any real benefit to the masses. In an economy the way it is and a company that is as pricy as verizon is, I don't think there are scores of ppl out there with family share/double blackberry plans
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-07-09 at 12:54 AM.
    02-07-09 12:40 AM
    entirely false.

yes, by doing an AOL the line transferred to the new account is automatically placed on a 1yr, however the upgrade date will still stay the same as it was when the contract was originally signed on the 1st account.
    What did I say that was false? I said NOTHING about upgrade dates. The comments that I was referring to had to do with CONTRACT length. You claim "entirely false" then go on to completely validate what I said.

You need to go back to school & learn the definition of "entirely false." If you work for VZW, it tells me they've lowered their standards as of late.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 02:31 PM
    i'm glad the insults were never personal with me as I see this is how this guy insults everyone who may disagree with him. Makes me feel better now
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-07-09 at 11:53 PM.
    02-07-09 04:03 PM
    perhaps a stupid question..wouldnt even bother if i didn't receive a text message that said i could get a free bb curve by adding a line..but i got a blackberry curve activated on a new 2year contract the end of january, i want to add a line for a family member, could i get a free bb on thier line or do both phones need to be activated at the same time?
    Last edited by jayllea; 02-11-09 at 09:11 PM.
    02-11-09 07:41 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD