02-11-09 06:41 PM
33 12
tools
    One question, if I buy a curve and get one free. Does the free one have to be activated on same line? I have a friend who wants a Curve on her line, I want the free one for one of my current lines---will they allow this?
    02-05-09 05:53 PM
    It will have to be activated on that line, then you can do whatever you want with the phone. You can swap it with your friends if you want to.
    02-05-09 06:04 PM
    It will have to be activated on that line, then you can do whatever you want with the phone. You can swap it with your friends if you want to.
    What happens if I switch the phones, then cancle on my friends line? Do I keep the BB?
    02-05-09 06:05 PM
    The BOGO requires both "eligible" lines to be activated at the same time. After you activate it, you can swap it on to someone elses but keep in mind you will still have 2 active lines on that acct.
    02-05-09 06:05 PM
    Yup, you will have a 2 yr contract on a line you aren't using.

Just have your friend upgrade save yourself the headache.
    02-05-09 06:07 PM
    Yup, you will have a 2 yr contract on a line you aren't using.

Just have your friend upgrade save yourself the headache.
    hmmmm, cant I cancle the line before the 30 days is up?
    02-05-09 06:44 PM
    I'm on a family plan, 1 line is a BB. We are up for an upgrade, if I upgrade my phone and then add a dataplan +BB to another line to get the free BB, but then cancel the next month and go back to a regular dummy phone will that matter?

I wanted to temporarily upgrade another line to a bb to get the free one, but then have that 2nd line go back to a regular phone with no BB or data plan.... and keep the 2nd BB as a back up or sell.
    02-05-09 08:41 PM
    Gawd I oove BOGOS. Brings out all scammers in life.
    02-05-09 08:42 PM
    hmmmm, cant I cancle the line before the 30 days is up?
    yes and return the phone or pay the etf and/or full retail of the phone.
    02-05-09 08:53 PM
    Gawd I oove BOGOS. Brings out all scammers in life.
    agreed 100%
    02-05-09 08:57 PM
    People trying to switch the BOGO phone from one account to another after they've upgraded should know, that by doing this it voids their 1 year manufacturers warranty and they can not get TEC or any type of Asurion insurance on their device.
    02-05-09 10:42 PM
    I checked today threw my job verizon site and it good to go!
    02-06-09 06:23 AM
    It's on! Been to the VZW site also.
    02-06-09 07:56 AM
    What if you cancel after the 30 days, do you keep the phones then and not pay retail?
    02-06-09 08:21 AM
    What if you cancel after the 30 days, do you keep the phones then and not pay retail?
    Then you have to pay the $175 ETF per line.
    02-06-09 02:09 PM
    I think that in addition to the ETF, VZW will charge you the difference between the 2yr contract price of the phone, and whatever their list price would be with no renewed contract. I was warned about that by a rep once regarding a much cheaper phone, and I wasn't even trying to pull a scam. But she explained that the 2yr contract price is exactly that. If you void the contract, the discounted price no longer holds.
    Last edited by paulanthonyc; 02-06-09 at 02:22 PM. Reason: just to clarify.
    02-06-09 02:20 PM
    I ve had it with Verizon to begin with and now this bogo. I have had it with verizon. Ahhhhhhh. Only Verizon wpulf do something like this!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 02:26 PM
    I think that in addition to the ETF, VZW will charge you the difference between the 2yr contract price of the phone, and whatever their list price would be with no renewed contract. I was warned about that by a rep once regarding a much cheaper phone, and I wasn't even trying to pull a scam. But she explained that the 2yr contract price is exactly that. If you void the contract, the discounted price no longer holds.
    Not true at all, the early termination fee is the only penalty that you'd have to pay after the initial 30 days if you cancel your service.

I ve had it with Verizon to begin with and now this bogo. I have had it with verizon. Ahhhhhhh. Only Verizon wpulf do something like this!

Wait..you're upset with Verizon Wireless for offering buy one get one free Blackberry devices???? I'm pretty happy with the fact that only Verizon would do something like this.
    02-06-09 02:53 PM
    wait a min! U can cancel ur BB service on the second line as long as u keep the line open and active! Then u can keep ur second BB. The only thing u need is a non bb that u can switch the second line to. Now, unless they changed it, that should be 100% possible!

The BB plan is never the thing thats on contract, its just the line! The only thing that ties u to the BB plan is the phone itself, not the contract.

Now this is the way its always been. If they changed it for the purpose of this promotion, thats a different matter
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-06-09 at 04:17 PM.
    02-06-09 04:14 PM
    just spoke with 611... this time around the BB plan is contractual for 2 years.... so yea, this is a change from the normal for the purpose of the promotion.

Deal good only for 2 lines needing BB service! This deal affects too few ppl if u ask me!
    02-06-09 04:25 PM
    Did you just crawl out from under a rock? Name a carrier & I can point you to info on their site that shows all carriers do the same thing.

You want a promo price? You play the promo game. If you don't want to commit to a 2 year price, you don't get the 2 year promo.

Nothing in the carrier world is free.

02-06-09 05:16 PM
    just spoke with 611... this time around the BB plan is contractual for 2 years.... so yea, this is a change from the normal for the purpose of the promotion.

Deal good only for 2 lines needing BB service! This deal affects too few ppl if u ask me!
    There is no change from the normal BOGO promotional deals..if you keep the blackberry active on the line, of course the bb plan is required for the 2 years, however if you switch out the device to another device, you do not have to keep the data plan on the line.
    02-06-09 05:41 PM
    Hang on - just realized my last post wasn't very helpful.

If you really want to scam VZW, get your two phones & two lines with a two year contract. Wait a couple weeks, then split the account with a friend taking the second line.

VZW will then place the new account & maybe even the first one on a 1 year contract.

Voila, two year deal with a 54 week commitment. What a deal!

I believe the much beloved & inferior competition will hold you to the original commitment even after the split.
    Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 02-06-09 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Changed 54 month to 54 week
    02-06-09 05:54 PM
    It's on! Been to the VZW site also.
    WHERE on the VZW site would this be? I've been all over the site, and I don't seen anything about a BOGO offer for Blackberrys.
    02-06-09 06:32 PM
    WHERE on the VZW site would this be? I've been all over the site, and I don't seen anything about a BOGO offer for Blackberrys.
    Never mind. I was looking at the Upgrade My Phone list, not the general list. So, I guess I can't upgrade my phone and get 2 Storms for free?
    02-06-09 06:34 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD