Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist inside of me, but I've decided to fool around with JiveTalk so I point my 8130's browser to Beejive.com and it always comes up with a DNS error (as if the website doesn't exist). I know it's working, I even did a google search for JiveTalk and clicked on the link from the search results. Still no dice.

Is the Big V blocking my access to JiveTalk?
    01-09-08 02:18 PM
    Hey Archer, I am on "V" and downloaded the beejive the other day. The only issue I had was once it was installed, I had to disable the firewall on my BB for it to work
    01-09-08 02:23 PM
    Maybe you have to do the same thing before you install.
    01-09-08 02:56 PM
    So I try to get to Beejive.com via the IP address. And that works but I have to use the IP address instead of the DNS entry to download it. Very very fishy why a Verizon phone wouldn't be able to resolve BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go
    01-09-08 03:16 PM
    Just to add. I can't access it through the BB browser nor through Opera mini. Strange.
    01-09-08 03:24 PM
    Mine is not working either. I'm checking with my friends on Tmobile and ATT to see if they can access it.
    01-09-08 05:16 PM
    01-09-08 05:41 PM
    On AT&T here, got to the main page fine, clicking any link brings up "The server is curently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server"
    01-09-08 06:23 PM
    Guys, when you surf on the BB you're not using VZW's DNS servers. If you are surfing via BB Browser you're using RIM's Proxy servers and if you're using Opera you're using Opera's Proxy servers. The BB does not do full browser support. Everything is proxied out.

If you don't believe me, get your IP of the phone and then surf to myipaddress.com. They will not match and the IP listed on that page is associated with RIM, not Verizon.
    01-09-08 08:39 PM
    So for those who are having problems, the IP address for their webserver is 69.93.214.202

So you can just replace anything that says "www.beejive.com" with that IP address, including the OTA download link.
    01-10-08 12:41 PM
    The conspiracy theories ran rampant back when, too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 04:27 AM
    I just checked it on my sprint bb and went straight through? Weird

02-28-09 10:45 AM
    I just checked it on my sprint bb and went straight through? Weird
    Actually, not weird. This thread was from 13 months ago, when there were BeeJive connection issues - BeeJive was ultimately the problem, but several people just automatically blamed VZW. Its a genetic defect or something.

The good thing was that calmer & more rational minds added to the conversation & it didn't go too far.
    02-28-09 02:41 PM
    Ahh I see, lol
    Hard to look at the dates on the mobile site, lol

02-28-09 11:24 PM
    Ahh I see, lol
    Hard to look at the dates on the mobile site, lol
    I hear you - that's why I thought I'd explain it.

The mobile version of vB somewhat stinks...
    02-28-09 11:57 PM
    But hey its better than nothins. My fiancee would rather me bring my phone everywhere than my laptop, lol

03-01-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD