I just got berry4all working and nomatter what I try to go to, it brings me to Verizon's page trying to get me to subscribe to a $30 a month plan.

I am already paying for the unlimited plan ... am I missing something? Usually people have no problems with this.

YES I am aware of the verizon ToS

Thanks
    M**
    01-19-10 07:22 PM
    Guess they caught you
    01-19-10 07:27 PM
    On my first try too! It must be something they are enforcing company wide? I can't imagine why they would monitor just me.

I know what the problem is and if I could figure out how to edit the dns settings for it, it would be fairly easy to bypass this. It's a 'portal' of sorts that's just playing with DNS.

Edit: Hah, good one verizon. Thanks for shutting off my data plan.
    edit 2: shut off my voice service too
    Last edited by M88; 01-19-10 at 07:51 PM.
    01-19-10 07:34 PM
    On my first try too! It must be something they are enforcing company wide? I can't imagine why they would monitor just me.

I know what the problem is and if I could figure out how to edit the dns settings for it, it would be fairly easy to bypass this. It's a 'portal' of sorts that's just playing with DNS.

Sorry man but that's hilarious...lmao

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 08:21 PM

Noway. The naysayers say Verizon is turning a deaf ear. NOT!
    01-19-10 10:33 PM
    Whats berry4all do??
    01-20-10 07:21 AM
    Whats berry4all do??
    Tethering program. OP is circumventing the VZW approved process to tether in an attempt to save $30/month and is unhappy VZW found a way to 'vent' the circumvention.
    01-20-10 07:41 AM
    Lmao.

01-20-10 08:00 AM
    The app Tether still works on VZW.

01-20-10 08:02 AM
    Tethering program. OP is circumventing the VZW approved process to tether in an attempt to save $30/month and is unhappy VZW found a way to 'vent' the circumvention.

Thank You.....
    01-20-10 08:17 AM
    Tetherberry (or now Tether) still works on my BB just fine.
    01-20-10 08:23 AM
    1st question.....how would he try to be saving the 30 a month, he said he was paying the data package 2nd........my cousin just bought a 8330 and she is tethering on her laptop, and hasnt downloaded any tethering apps at all
    01-20-10 09:48 PM
    1st question.....how would he try to be saving the 30 a month, he said he was paying the data package 2nd........my cousin just bought a 8330 and she is tethering on her laptop, and hasnt downloaded any tethering apps at all
    No, the OP didn't say that he is paying for the extra monthly data package for tethering. The OP said that now it is bringing him to the signup page, which it didn't before. When he said he is paying for the unlimited plan, he means unlimited data plan for the handheld device only, sans tethering.

Regarding your cousin. Yes, we all know that you can tether without an app. If you do, you have to pay the carrier's monthly fee. The whole point of purchasing an app to do it is that it you can circumvent the carrier's monthly fees.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 01-20-10 at 10:01 PM.
    01-20-10 09:56 PM
    ok,sorry wasnt paying attention. as far as my cousin what are you refering to as the carriers monthly fees. the phone or the wirless card for laptop, because she has been doing this for months and has occurred no charges
    01-20-10 10:14 PM
    ok,sorry wasnt paying attention. as far as my cousin what are you refering to as the carriers monthly fees. the phone or the wirless card for laptop, because she has been doing this for months and has occurred no charges
    I'm talking about using the phone as a modem (tethering). Most carriers charge an additional fee on top of your regular BB fees. It's usually $30/mo. This thread is about Verizon Wireless. They charge $30/mo to tether.

Incurred, not occurred.

01-20-10 10:27 PM
    yes i know, im unfortunately with big red and so is she. thats why i asked about fees because like i said she hasnt been charged anything other then her data phone. i have never used tethering but thinking of it. so my final question is do u actually have to have an app to skip these cargers or is she just getting lucky
    01-20-10 10:36 PM
    yes i know, im unfortunately with big red and so is she. thats why i asked about fees because like i said she hasnt been charged anything other then her data phone. i have never used tethering but thinking of it. so my final question is do u actually have to have an app to skip these cargers or is she just getting lucky
    She's either getting lucky or she isn't paying attention to her bill. The very first time she tethered and fired up her browser, rather than going to her home page, it should have brought her to a VZW branded screen informing her that if she wishes to tether, she can click to accept and it will begin to be billed monthly.

Once you click to accept, you won't see the screen again.

You can expect this if you tether without an app. It's easy to test though. Just hook your BB up to your laptop, set it up to tether, and see if you get that screen. If you don't click to accept, you won't be charged the monthly fee.

Last edited by TravellingFool; 01-20-10 at 10:51 PM.
    01-20-10 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD