If this inappropriate here let me know and I'll apologize and never sin again.
    My son has a Blitz. He always has very poor to non-existent signal strength in places where I have 4 bars or better. We went to the local Verizon shop. They upgraded his software to the latest version saying it would cure this. It didn't. We pay for the insurance on this phone. What should the next step be...shouldn't he get another phone to see if his particular one has a bad receiver or antenna or something? They say there are no known issues with that particular phone in that regard. I'm at wits end. In my house where I normally have a great signal everywhere he has poor to none.. Thanks in advance.
    12-15-09 10:36 AM
    If there is an issue with one phone in the same area that other phones work, it is usually the equipment. I would call in and tell them you are having issues with signal and you already updated the software. They can send you a replacement phone.
    12-15-09 10:50 AM
    I have had that happenmany times with my LG VX8700... They made it seem like a software update fixes everything... But after them breaking my BlueTooth a few times, I told them to get me a new phone lol. Simple as that

You could also try the *228 option 2.. I found that helps sometimes
    12-15-09 12:24 PM
    We do *228 every month...I think we'll try to get a new phone. I wonder if they have any of those left....we'll see.
    12-15-09 04:48 PM
    I would recommend as stated above call in to verizon csr and state the problem with the reception and ask for a replacement phone
    12-15-09 06:48 PM
    The boy's got a new phone...all is well. Thanks to all who replied, offered suggestions, etc. And the wife is probably going to get a Tour for Christmas....woohoo. We'll be a two BB family.
    12-15-09 08:38 PM