11-04-07 07:55 AM
32 12
tools
    That's funny, they told me option 1 when I dialed *228. Same result, I guess.
    11-03-07 12:36 PM
    *228 is overrated. Verizon teaches their CSRs that it will fix any malfunction with a phone.

Option 1 is supposed to be for new plan setup and option 2 is PRL update.
    11-03-07 12:52 PM
    The $29.99 plan is now available on the website. I just went through a fake "purchase" and after choosing just a voice plan, oe of the data plan options was the $29.99 option. I did this yesterday, or two days ago, and it was not there (the only option was 10mb and unlimited). Anyway, here is Verizons description of the product:

Email and Web for BlackBerry
    Use your BlackBerry for personal email and Web surfing.
    Your email will be pushed automatically to your device.
    Access up to ten POP3 and IMAP email accounts, including Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail, Windows Live Hotmail, and Verizon.net.
    Easy email account setup.
    Voice Usage: Per your voice calling plan.
    Required Equipment
    CDMA BlackBerry device with Verizon Wireless software required.

CDMA Data Roaming

In the Canadian Broadband and Canadian Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.002 per KB or $2.05 per MB.
    In the Mexican Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.005 per KB or $5.12 per MB.
    For more information on roaming in Canada and Mexico, visit verizonwireless.com/naroaming

2007 Verizon Wireless
    11-03-07 05:19 PM
    Old news.....
    11-03-07 06:43 PM
    Well from the thread that I read, it seemed there was some confusion and a need to tell Verizon workers about "codes" for the plan because it was not known about. Just letting people know, that might not have, that it is an available option on the site.
    Last edited by PDigg; 11-03-07 at 09:21 PM.
    11-03-07 09:10 PM
    I should have included a wink on that one...sounded harsh, sorry
    11-04-07 07:06 AM
    No prob. I was a little taken back after I thought I was being shot down on my first post (I was so excited to being able to actually contribute something after just lurking around and reading). But I figured you just forgot to turn your sarcasm filter on :-)

Everyone here seems pretty cool though. Unlike the online gaming and sports message boards I am used to getting flamed on for just introducing yourself. Can't wait to get my BB so I can bother everyone with newbie questions and become a real annoyance.

Regards,
    Paul
    11-04-07 07:55 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD