11-04-07 07:55 AM
32 12
tools
    geetings all-

I have been told three different things by three different verizon emplyees. and now... I am totally stumped.

First... I heard the new blackberry plans will be $29.99 for BIS with unlimited data, and $44.99 for the BES plan with unlimited data.

Then a CSR told me the $29.99 plan was only for 10 MB a month...and $44.99 was unlimited data.

Then another CSR said that all verizon blackberrys run on BES... and had no idea what BIS was...

I am not going to access a corporate e-mail server running BES, I only need my personal and work e-mail both of which are internet accounts...

So..my question is:
    what are the actual plans for, and does anyone have a grasp on this stuff? the verizon site is as vague as vague can be... and the service reps are...well you know...

help...my pearl is currently being tracked by fed-ex and it should arrive on monday. I want to get this all figured out before it comes....

-db
    11-02-07 06:36 PM
    I was told by Verizon a few days ago (calling into tech support) that Blackberry users will be "pleasantly surprised" by the new price plans that will be released on November 7th. And, the Blackberry pricing will be the same for BES & BIS. The source said that Windows data plans will NOT be changing.
    11-02-07 06:55 PM
    DB as of Today Unlimited Data on the BIS for VZW is $44.99. Don't know about a price change come 11/7.
    11-02-07 06:59 PM
    bdub-
    if that IS true...what then is the $29.99 plan??

-db
    11-02-07 07:01 PM
    That is indeed for 10mb
    11-02-07 07:04 PM
    great googly moogly...i thought i was going to save 15 beans a month.

There is ALOT of misinformation out there about the new plans.. I have checked several on line sites and phone blogs (none as wonderful as this of course...) and NOBODY KNOWS NOTHIN... or at least there are too many people who know too many different things...

PLUS.. there is another rumor that they are all changing (the vzw balckberry plans) NEXT WEEK...

wtf?

-db

whatever
    11-02-07 07:14 PM
    If you go in and pretend to sign up for new phones, you will see $29.95 for Blackberry E-mail and Web (BIS) and $44.95 for Blackberry solutions (BES). I know, I just did it. What IS changing, is if you want to tether to your phone for the web on a laptop, it is now $59.95 unlimited in addition to either plan. The rep I had also said the $29.95 plan is on a Verizon server and not a Blackberry server and I will no longer receive e-mails to my Blackberry e-mail address. She was wrong, I send one after I lowered to the unlimited $29.95 plan and I got my Blackberry.net e-mails just fine. Saved $15.00 a month and I really don't care about the tethering plan, myself. Looks like BIS is $29.95 per month!!!
    11-02-07 07:16 PM
    Hey like I said... Cant comment on any changes but what I told you is what it is right now my friend.
    11-02-07 07:18 PM
    berrydub are you in the employ of the aformentioned "red network"?

the way you responded to that question sounded like you were toeing the party line....

-db
    11-02-07 07:25 PM
    Thats a version I originally heard as well CA.
    I already know what I have. I'm hoping for something better!
    Guess we'll wait and see.
    11-02-07 07:26 PM
    Then why not grab the $29.95 now and if it lowers on 11/7, then call them back. There is no extension of the contract for switching like there used to be. No harm, no foul. I would not switch if you tether. I also have a feeling i was misinformed and you can tether PLUS unlimited data for $59.95, but it did not really matter to me. Tether is not something I need.
    11-02-07 09:07 PM
    The previous $24.95 specified the 10MB with BIS or BES, now the $29.95 specifies the BIS but has no 10MB listed. The $44.95 specifies unlimited including on a corporate server. I told the rep i would try the @29.95 and if it ended up being 10MB I would be calling her and she rest assured me that it was unlimited, just a Verizon server (which turned out to not be true).
    11-02-07 09:11 PM
    I just got of the phone with a VZ CR and they stated there was not a $29.95 plan for BIS versus BES. She actually called the unlimited vs. limited features. She stated that the only options I had were to choose as a feature the unlimited for $49.95 or $29.95 for 10Meg. She didn't know anything about a $29.95 for unlimited. This was tech support I was talking to by the way. I also tried to go on verizonwireless.com and pretend to purchase a phone and didn't see any options for selecting unlimited vs limited plan.
    11-02-07 09:46 PM
    Ask for code 76318. It is for unlimited web and email. Only difference from the 44 dollar one is you will NOT have access to BES, only the regular push pop3 and imap. I swapped over last nite at nidnight abd have no problems. If they tell you it isn't true, just have then look that code up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-07 11:04 PM
    Oh, it did take a bit to get the guy on the phone to know what I was talking about, but after about 20 minutes, it was all fixed and working great. My view plan online shows 29.99$ for unlimited data.

Below are the options as listed on "Add change features part of the verizon website"

IP GENERAL USE W/FE
    EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY

$0.00
    $29.99

There are two other options, the 44.95$ one and a 24.95$ for 10 megs..
    Last edited by esears; 11-02-07 at 11:10 PM.
    11-02-07 11:08 PM
    I think the $29.99 is was what my source was speaking about. He must of confused the dates of Nov 7 and Nov 1. Anyway, I just switched. Once I changed to $29.99, I asked the rep to add the tethering...it was still $15.
    11-03-07 12:43 AM
    Verizon Introduces New BlackBerry BIS Plan For $29.99/month
    Verizon has finally decided to join the rest of the carriers in the United States by offering a lower priced BlackBerry BIS plan called Email and Web for BlackBerry. The new plan is $29.99 per month instead of the $44.99 previous plan. Sadly for BES customers the price is still $44.99. This comes hot on the heals of their recent release of the BlackBerry 8130 Pearl 2 and Sprint’s new BIS BlackBerry plan. Check out the press release below for the full details:

Verizon Wireless, the leading wireless company with the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, today introduced new e-mail and Web plans to accompany the new BlackBerry(R) Pearl(TM) 8130, which will be available online Nov. 3 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Nov. 8. The new BlackBerry plans give consumers an economical way to balance work and play while staying connected on-the-go.

Customers who purchase a Verizon Wireless Nationwide voice plan can subscribe to the E-mail and Web for BlackBerry for an additional $29.99 per month. Nationwide Basic and Select plans begin at $39.99 per month for 450 minutes. Customers who choose a data-only plan pay $34.99 per month for unlimited e-mail and access to the Internet. The plans can be used with any Verizon Wireless BlackBerry and allow customers to access up to 10 POP3 and IMAP e-mail accounts via BlackBerry(R) Internet Service.

The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 will be available online and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City, for $249.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.

For more information on BlackBerry smartphones from Verizon Wireless, visit https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=lpLQhYi3. Business customers may contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 1-800-VZW-4-BIZ.
    11-03-07 06:46 AM
    Verizon's BlackBerry Pearl gets new data plans, too
    Posted Nov 1st 2007 3:15PM by Chris Ziegler
    Filed under: RIM, Verizon Wireless

They're still miles away from T-Mobile's ridiculously cheap $10 for unlimited BlackBerry email, but Verizon's trying to reach out to a more personal, consumer-based audience as it preps to launch its own Pearl with a new data pricing structure of its own. Unlimited web and email will run you $29.99 when purchased with a voice plan, $34.99 without, offering support for up to ten POP3 and IMAP accounts. Again, T-Mobile's got these cats beat hands-down if saving dinero is the priority
    11-03-07 06:50 AM
    Verizon adds new Blackberry data plans along with the Pearl
    Posted November 2nd, 2007 at 10:01 AM by Robert Nelson
    Section: Cellphones, Communications, Email / IM, Mobile, Cellular Providers

Verizon is following up the announcement of the Pearl with some new Blackberry data plans. Verizon customers will now be able to get their Blackberry fix just a little cheaper with plans starting at $29.99 a month.

Customers with a Verizon Wireless Nationwide voice plan will be able to add the Blackberry email and web service for $29.99 a month. Customers without a voice plan can still get the email and web service for $34.99 a month. Both plans include “unlimited” email and web access and will allow access to up to 10 POP3 or IMAP email accounts.

While Verizon may not offer the cheapest service around, the 3G coverage that you will get seems to make it well worth the price.

Read [PR Newswire]

One comment, add yours | Permalink

Tags:

Like what you see? Subscribe to our feed!

One Response to “Verizon adds new Blackberry data plans along with the Pearl”
    Verizon adds new Blackberry data plans along with the Pearl said:

[…] post by Robert Nelson and software by Elliott […]

November 2nd, 2007 at 10:12 am
    Leave a Reply
    Name (required)

Mail (will not be published) (required)

Website

Browser
    11-03-07 06:52 AM
    Someone started another thread that says everything stated above, just a little clearer......
    11-03-07 10:29 AM
    I'm in...now saving $15 a month. The verizon reps had no clue until I mentioned the code above, and it came right up. I don't understand why Verizon doesn't train there CR to be cognizant of new plans...but instead we have to climb mountains, hills, go into valleys, and then in through the back door to get what is rightly available to us as Verizon customers. Thanks all for your help and sharing the wealth of knowledge.
    11-03-07 10:35 AM
    thanks for the assist everyone. sometimes the hardest thing is to get a straight answer out of a wireless phone complany employee..

I don't blame them personally...

-db
    11-03-07 10:35 AM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon and the rep told me that the 29.99 unlimited BIS is not avaliable. I gave her the code and she looked it up and didn't find anything. She said that it was not yet avaliable. Is there something else I should be asking for when I call?
    11-03-07 11:59 AM
    All I did was explain to them what I wanted to do, and then I gave them the code. The plan is called "Email and Web for Blackberry". Once I gave the rep the code she actually read the plan back to me. One thing she did do though is put me on hold and call tech support to see how to put me on the new plan. Once she got me situated she told me to also dial *228 option 2 to update my phone.

I know without the code I would have been spinning my wheels because she wasn't aware of any plan until I gave her the code. I don't know if the rep you spoke with entered the code correctly, or in the correct place, etc. But I went on line and checked my account and it was updated. I suggest calling back again and hope for another rep who can do it.
    11-03-07 12:17 PM
    A few minutes after I got off the phone the rep I was speaking with called me back and said that she found the option. So I got it added to my plan. All is well now.
    11-03-07 12:29 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD