Any rumors as to if/ when Verizon may come out with the Bold?
    03-28-09 08:08 PM
    03-28-09 08:16 PM
    The Bold is dead in the water. There may not even be an updated version for GSM.

The Niagara is coming, though. Probably in the next 6-8 weeks.
    03-28-09 08:56 PM
    [QUOTE=TwinsX2Dad;2108854]The Bold is dead in the water. There may not even be an updated version for GSM.

QUOTE]

... and you know this how?
    03-28-09 10:26 PM
    I don't think they will waste there time since the Niagara is comin in a couple of weeks. Besides, VZ puts the ax on wifi and gps, so why bother.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 05:29 PM
    What has changed now since everyone is predicting the Niagra so soon? Am I missing something?
    03-29-09 08:49 PM
    From what I have heard about the niagara, is itis across between the 8830 and 8330, but upgraded. I am also hopeing that since GPS was opened up on the storm that it will be for this device and all BB's in the future for VZW.
    03-29-09 09:01 PM
    Well, I'm retiring my Storm as soon as the Curve 8330 arrives.
    If the Niagra meets expectations (better than the Storm met the HYPE), I may later move to it.
    03-29-09 11:32 PM
    Laidstraid, GPS is already unlocked... My pearl has gps

03-30-09 12:45 AM
    Boy...epic fail on that spelling and my BB is acting up and won't let me edit

03-30-09 12:50 AM
    I don't think they will waste there time since the Niagara is comin in a couple of weeks. Besides, VZ puts the ax on wifi and gps, so why bother.

since when is the niagara only a few weeks away?
    04-01-09 07:41 PM
    Well, I'm retiring my Storm as soon as the Curve 8330 arrives.
    If the Niagra meets expectations (better than the Storm met the HYPE), I may later move to it.
    The 8330 has been out for a long time.
    04-01-09 07:43 PM
    Maybe I missed something from another thread, but what happened that the Bold is going away?
    04-01-09 07:51 PM
    I don't think they will waste there time since the Niagara is comin in a couple of weeks..
    That's what I'd like to know. Minimum: 6 weeks, but could be a year or never.

Of course, I have some questions on the following, as well.
    Besides, VZ puts the ax on wifi and gps, so why bother.
    Interesting how they can put the axe on something RIM doesn't make (a CDMA BlackBerry with WiFi) or something that can only be turned on or off (single-mode GPS).

How do you come to your well thought out conclusions on this? I mean, please share how VZW is so omnipotent that they can keep something off the market, blocking every other CDMA carrier from also getting it? Then you might also provide insight into how they partially disable a GPS chip that isn't designed to be crippled. Then, please elaborate why, if it is something within the phone programming, no one has ever hacked the code to activate it fully.

Its pretty obvious, ral123, that we're in the presence of an absolute genius - it takes such a sort to try claiming things which completely defy logic, while going against the Mr. Scott to JT Kirk process of underpromising (it'll take THREE DAYS, CAPTAIN) and overdelivering (we have the dilithium crystal chamber back online after only three hours).

In my neck of the woods, we refer to these geniuses as dipsticks (with a few letters changed).

04-01-09 08:01 PM
    Look at your calendar. Most reputable sources are saying May or June and it's April already . . .
    04-02-09 02:56 AM
    Maybe I missed something from another thread, but what happened that the Bold is going away?
    All of the info that was believed to be about the Bold 9030 has since come to be known to be about the 9630 Niagara, and no new "Bold" info has come out since. It's pretty safe to say the prospect of an actual "Bold" clone on CDMA is pretty much non existent at this point.
    04-02-09 03:00 AM
    Look at your calendar. Most reputable sources are saying May or June and it's April already . . .
    Howard & ARSTechnica are now saying it may have been pushed back to Q3.

04-02-09 09:59 AM
    Laidstraid, GPS is already unlocked... My pearl has gps

not fully unlocked
    04-02-09 11:08 AM
    not fully unlocked
    The GPS on Pearl, Curve, WE & Storm are 100% unlocked.

04-02-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD