Ok so my problem is this...
    I have a Verizon Blackberry Tour and i am currently over seas in the Middle East. I unlocked my phone and i put it the non american sim card but my phone would only recieve calls and make some calls but not to all people. Then i called verizon wirless because i heard i had to pay some things in order to get it unlocked but they told me that i have been charged for every going and incoming calls that i made from the non verizon sim card. They claim that they track every phone they have so if i bought a phone from them i can not use it with any carrier but them.
    I honestly do not know what to do because i dont understand how this goes. I dont understand how i can be charged for calls that i made using anther chip from anther country.
    plz Help
    12-18-09 01:30 PM
    I'm pretty sure if you put in a SIM from say, Etisalat, Verizon cannot track your calls.... If you use a GSM network on the phone, Verizon should not be able to get that call info. IF you were to get the international roaming plan, then you would still be on their network, or maybe even Vodafone's network.

But like I said, if you get a Etisalat SIM, they should not be able to track your calls.

Correct me if I am wrong. I know there are some VZW people in here that can answer it better.. WB? lol
    12-18-09 02:04 PM
    Sure you weren't using the phone in cdma mode?:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 02:14 PM
    The only thing I can think of is if you were forwarding your calls (US number) to your new number. Did you?
    12-18-09 03:18 PM
    Sure you weren't using the phone in cdma mode?:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, if there's CDMA service where you are in the Middle East and you didn't switch your phone's connection to GSM, the calls you made would've gone through a CDMA carrier, who eventually will bill Verizon.

Either that, or you just spoke with a rep who doesn't know their a$$ from their elbow.
    12-18-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD