We should just mass email verizon telling them we won't blackberrys to stay on CDMA that we want newer blackberry phones to become available to us. Just and Idea.
    01-15-11 09:21 AM
    Makes you wonder if BB is scared to go up against VZW and the iPhone. Sucks, the newest rumored phones look awsome too. Just hope with the big software that BB fixed the battery issues everyone else has had with 1ghz processors.
    01-15-11 09:52 AM
    We should just mass email verizon telling them we won't blackberrys to stay on CDMA that we want newer blackberry phones to become available to us. Just and Idea.
    Please use an online translator from whatever language this is and convert it to English.
    01-15-11 10:24 AM
    You might get farther to tell RIM that since they make or don't make the devices for the carriers to use or reject.
    01-15-11 10:35 AM
    Something tells me Verizon could care less. With Android and now the iPhone they probably don't even remember that they sell Blackberry.

I agree it's better to go straight to RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 12:23 PM
    Well According to this article that was posted last night on Yahoo Home Page, Verizon has just lost a ton of customers because of their new Policy Change and No longer being able to Upgrade. I think RIM probably knew that VZ would go down in flames because this New Policy Change happens Tomorrow.

smartmoney-hello-iphone-goodbye-upgrades: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
    01-15-11 12:28 PM
    My contract ends Feb. 5th so at least I'll be able to use my upgrade getting a better phone.

While I'm not a big fan of Verizon, I'm even less of a fan for RIM right now.

Policy change will **** off some people but I doubt it'll be detrimental.

01-15-11 12:37 PM
    Emails do nothing. Money talks. I'm going Android. That's the only thing that will work.

01-15-11 12:41 PM
    Yeah, unless you get every customer, it would look dumb. I would love to see the 9780 come to Verizon...but who cares...its just a phone that will be a paper weight in a year.

01-15-11 03:17 PM
    The reality is that most carriers use GSM and it makes sense for RIM to focus on GSM devices rather than CDMA. The Storm launched with a CDMA version on Verizon as a US exclusive. Verizon likely had to pay RIM for that exclusivity or contribute money to its development (like AT&T did with the Torch). We all know how things went with the Storm and Storm 2, and Verizon had to deal with tons of returns and upset customers. Not money well spent from Verizon's perspective.

Now in 2011, Android is selling well on Verizon. And with several manufacturers making Android phones, Verizon can play the different manufacturers against each other.

With the arrival of iPhone, that's even less reason to focus on RIM products. Why pay RIM to get CDMA Blackberries more quickly when the smartphone field is wide open with new and innovative products? Plus, Verizon's message oriented BlackBerry business customers probably operate on a two year (or more) upgrade cycle and are likely fine with devices like the Curves and Bolds.

The upshot is that we may be back to the old days where GSM Blackberries launch first, followed by CDMA versions months later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.comu
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-15-11 at 03:41 PM.
    01-15-11 03:33 PM
    Someone here hit on it: the way to get a company to change what they are making is not to send them notes and/or call them. The way to get a company's attention is to spend your money at one of their competitors who make a product that meets your needs. Once enough people stop buying, they might listen and step it up.

The thing is though, they have already openly admitted they're willing to give up their share of the North American market in order to focus on the international market. In other words, they know they're not being competitive but they don't care because they can sell their old designs in 2g/3g parts of the world for virtually no R&D costs and buying low cost components to make them.
    01-15-11 05:40 PM
    The reality is that most carriers use GSM and it makes sense for RIM to focus on GSM devices rather than CDMA. The Storm launched with a CDMA version on Verizon as a US exclusive. Verizon likely had to pay RIM for that exclusivity or contribute money to its development (like AT&T did with the Torch). We all know how things went with the Storm and Storm 2, and Verizon had to deal with tons of returns and upset customers. Not money well spent from Verizon's perspective.

Now in 2011, Android is selling well on Verizon. And with several manufacturers making Android phones, Verizon can play the different manufacturers against each other.

With the arrival of iPhone, that's even less reason to focus on RIM products. Why pay RIM to get CDMA Blackberries more quickly when the smartphone field is wide open with new and innovative products? Plus, Verizon's message oriented BlackBerry business customers probably operate on a two year (or more) upgrade cycle and are likely fine with devices like the Curves and Bolds.

The upshot is that we may be back to the old days where GSM Blackberries launch first, followed by CDMA versions months later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.comu
    The way RIM is going its more like GSM users will get the outdated devices first followed by the CDMA users getting them...
    01-15-11 09:35 PM
    The way RIM is going its more like GSM users will get the outdated devices first followed by the CDMA users getting them...
    Ypu make an excellent point. Lol

01-15-11 09:42 PM
    I doubt that changing their upgrade policy will have much of an effect on customers. Plenty of customers don't actually upgrade till the two year mark anyway, but listening to people on this board and others, people buy more phones off of craiglist and ebay and resell their phones that way to make up the difference. I think those people that change phones every couple of months will still find a way to do it.
    01-16-11 09:36 PM
    Well According to this article that was posted last night on Yahoo Home Page, Verizon has just lost a ton of customers because of their new Policy Change and No longer being able to Upgrade. I think RIM probably knew that VZ would go down in flames because this New Policy Change happens Tomorrow.

smartmoney-hello-iphone-goodbye-upgrades: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
    Yea, you're right. VZW is going down in flames. OK.
    01-16-11 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD