First of all, Happy (early) New Years!!
    Now, I really like my curve its the best phone I've had hands down, but since I'm not interested in a touch screen phone (storm), are there any Blackberry devices coming to Verizon as early as the 1st quarter of next year? I love the OS that the new BB have like the one on the Bold but as I understand its only on at&t.
    I appreciate any information, thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 07:37 PM
    BEst thing to do read the froums and keep watching. Device releases are not let out to many people except those close to what is really going on with a certain device. As a VZW employee we are not in the know. Wish I could help more
    12-29-08 08:38 PM
    nothing concrete, just like any phone, it comes out when it comes out.
    12-29-08 08:41 PM
    Apex - 8230 (flip BB, 3G) and Niagara, CDMA Bold. Both coming next year, not sure dates yet.
    Could be any time in 09, though unlikely first quarter. Closer to mid year probably.
    12-29-08 08:41 PM
    From everything I have seen and read (by no means concrete):

9030 (Niagara) Bold - May 09
    8930 (Jupiter) Curve2 - First Half of 2009
    8230 (Apex) Pearl Flip - First Half of 2009
    12-30-08 11:32 AM
    As a VZW employee we are not in the know. Wish I could help more
    I will vouch for this. Company reps aren't given much advance notice on releases. RIM knows what is planned - they and maybe carrier marketing/product planners know, but the info is proprietary & closely guarded. I was a training manager for the telco industry for years and it was always on a need to know basis. We got the info with just enough leadtime to prepare our training (sometimes same day) and the reps/sales people got the info during training, which was often the day before the product was offered.

Anything more is usually pure speculation and/or hope.

The telcos are very adept at treating their good people like mushrooms.

12-30-08 12:11 PM
    the blackberry niagara should be coming out on verizon in may, but i hate to say i dont believe it is the bold.its tlooks more like a curve 2. course spy shots can be mislabeled...
    12-31-08 09:39 PM
    the blackberry niagara should be coming out on verizon in may, but i hate to say i dont believe it is the bold.its tlooks more like a curve 2. course spy shots can be mislabeled...
    This has been addressed before. There really haven't been any spy shots of the Niagara released as of yet. Older spy shots misrepresented the Jupiter (CDMA version of the Curve 8900, so the 8930) as the Niagara.
    12-31-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD