I'm currently on Verizon Wireless with a BlackBerry 8830 World Edition phone that's connected to my work BES system. I use BIS to configure my personal email, GMAIL to my BlackBerry. Up to this afternoon, it was working fine, but all of a sudden for the past 3 hours or so, I have not been getting any GMAIL emails on my BlackBerry, even though I see it on my computer.

Is there another BIS outage or something?

I've gone into Verizon BIS website, deleted my GMAIL account profile, recreated it with the GMAIL SENT not to forward filter about 10 times, get the Congratulations ... Activation email sent to my BlackBerry, but still no luck in receiving GMAIL messages on my BlackBerry.

I've also done a battery pull as well.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    04-02-08 05:11 PM
    Try registering your Device again and then sending your service books to your self .also double check your Gmail settings and make sure they are set for All pop/imap under SMTP in ur gmail account
    08-25-08 07:33 AM
    Yeah, I'd resend service books...I'n having no issues at this point.
    08-25-08 07:56 AM
    If after resending service books fails call customer care.
    08-25-08 04:21 PM
    Care can't fix anything if you are active on BES. Your BES admin probably shut off external email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 07:48 PM
    WEll thats a bit harsh. When on a BES VZW will tech voice and data conection only, if those work then you do need talk the BES admin or IT dept. CS does not tech, so in a manner of speaking you are correct. They will xfer you to Tech Support
    08-25-08 08:00 PM
    WEll thats a bit harsh. When on a BES VZW will tech voice and data conection only, if those work then you do need talk the BES admin or IT dept. CS does not tech, so in a manner of speaking you are correct. They will xfer you to Tech Support
    if your on BES they will have you register the device , do a soft reset , update ur prl , then tell you to go to options , advanced options , Enterprise Activation , then enter your user name and PW if that dosent work please contact your system admin for further help

meaning thats all the troubleshooting steps they have for BES

so if your server admin cant see your device after resetting your pin and sending your password and service books to you

you will be callin RIM for help !!
    08-26-08 07:58 AM
    I'm currently on Verizon Wireless with a BlackBerry 8830 World Edition phone that's connected to my work BES system. I use BIS to configure my personal email, GMAIL to my BlackBerry. Up to this afternoon, it was working fine, but all of a sudden for the past 3 hours or so, I have not been getting any GMAIL emails on my BlackBerry, even though I see it on my computer.

Is there another BIS outage or something?

I've gone into Verizon BIS website, deleted my GMAIL account profile, recreated it with the GMAIL SENT not to forward filter about 10 times, get the Congratulations ... Activation email sent to my BlackBerry, but still no luck in receiving GMAIL messages on my BlackBerry.

I've also done a battery pull as well.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    also go to BlackBerry Internet Service enter your user name and PW and make sure all your info is filled out right adn then try adn send the service books to your self after registering your device then do a soft reset

thats how i usully fix most of the customers devices
    08-26-08 08:00 AM
    Biggest problem I'm having is MobileIM doesn't work, keeps saying network error, server unavailable.

Abyone else having this problrm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 08:32 PM
    I use BeeJive....not having any problems...you may want to resend your service books.
    08-26-08 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD