10-30-08 12:07 PM
36 12
tools
    Verizon is trying to charge me a bill for 2 months on my first bill reps telling me they bill a month ahead so I owe 89 and then activation fee and another 89 for next month wtf??? Am I the only one I heard verizon always messes up billing maybe I shouldn't have got with them having huge regrets. The rep who sold me the phone gave me. Signed paperwork with how. Much my first bill would be. There telling me if I can't pay I get shut off and more fees seriously screw verizon and there scams. They want like 200 dollars wtffff lol
    You just don't understand their billing process which was explained to you, maybe you should have it explained again. The first bill will always be 2 months worth with verizon, always has been, always will be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 07:42 AM
    VZW has alway charged a month in advance. When I joined it was in the middle of a billing cycle so I paid 18 prorated on 2 phones plus the following month for both phones. After which they have always been accomodating if and when I need something. I did however sign up in a VZW store and did receive indicatation that this was going to happen. All in all other than charging for GPS they have been really good to me.
    10-28-08 08:31 AM
    I've never had an issue with Verizon's billing. It makes sense and has always been explained properly (at least to me). If the first bill including prorated postpaid amounts, plus activation, plus prepaid amounts is too much for your budget to handle, then in the long run you're probably overextended to begin with.
    10-28-08 10:02 AM
    I use to work for sprint and it was the same way. Your first month bill is always going to be high. We were actually trained to tell people that, but of course when they recieved the first bill they would always come back screaming something is wrong. I am suprised however that you had to pay an activation fee. Usually they will wave it if you ask at the time of purchase.
    10-28-08 06:30 PM
    I use to work for sprint and it was the same way. Your first month bill is always going to be high. We were actually trained to tell people that, but of course when they recieved the first bill they would always come back screaming something is wrong. I am suprised however that you had to pay an activation fee. Usually they will wave it if you ask at the time of purchase.
    Some people aren't clever enough to ask.
    10-29-08 01:06 PM
    Bottom line is your not paying for more service than you are receiving.

10-29-08 01:39 PM
    Activation fees, for the most part, do not get waived even if you ask for them... unless you qualify for it because of some special promotion or it's included with your employer discount (and then it's automatic)
    10-29-08 09:51 PM
    whenever you sign up, you always get billed a prorated partial month, plus the month in advance

now when you sign up, the billing system randomly assigns you a bill cycle date. sometimes, depending on your cycle date and the date you signed up, that prorated partial month MAY come out to nearly a full month.

for example, i work in the retail store as a customer service rep. a couple signed up on the 23rd, was assigned the 21st as the bill cycle date. so they got billed from the 23rd to the 21st of the next month, PLUS the 22nd to the 21st of the following (the month in advance) their partial was about 106, and the full was 110.

its just bad luck lol.
    10-30-08 01:32 AM
    its just bad luck lol.
    Not really since their first bill isn't due till about 2 month after they started service.... so Verizon waits to bill you for 2 months after you sign up like I said before your not getting billed for more service than you are receiving, it's not a scam.
    10-30-08 01:44 AM
    They did explain the same to me also. After I paid the first bill the next one was a regular bill so everything was fine after that.

10-30-08 02:33 AM
    Not really since their first bill isn't due till about 2 month after they started service.... so Verizon waits to bill you for 2 months after you sign up like I said before your not getting billed for more service than you are receiving, it's not a scam.
    out of my entire post you quote that part?

did you bother to read the rest?
    10-30-08 12:07 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD