10-01-09 06:24 PM
27 12
tools
    My fiance and I just recieved our first bill from Verizon for our two new BB Tour's. It's almost at $350.00. The guy told us it would be "a little" higher the first month, not more then double the price we were quoted for 2 BB lines. We have the 700/mins unlimited data, $10.00 for unlimited in text on both lines, the $10.00 add a line fee, and the other $30.00 unlimited data plan for my line. We were told it would be around $140-150 a month. But this is ridiculous, it looks like on the bill we are being charged twice on each line for the BB data plan and texts and insurance, and I don 't get that. Is this much of a high amount "normal" for new customers when they switch from a regular phone to a BB? We were never told it would be this much and the fiance is NOT a happy camper... We're going to VZW right now and he wants to return them lol . (He also gets a 19% discount from his job...).
    09-30-09 12:15 PM
    dont they bill u in advance? theyll bill you for the month and the month after, then regular
    09-30-09 12:18 PM
    They do prorate the first months bill but mine with sprint was only 120 and my bills are around 80

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 12:18 PM
    Sometimes the cost of the actual phone is billed in the first month too. The pro-rating is tough to figure out but you can call VZW Support and get some insight as to what the charges are for.
    09-30-09 12:21 PM
    Same thing happened to me (my first bill was over $200 and it will usually be around $150). I upgraded later in the month, but if you upgraded right after you cycle ends, then it would be about double your regular bill. Verizon charges you for the NEXT month (plus any overages for the current month) so you are ultimately prepaying. Your first bill will have the month that you started using it AND the next month so it will be higher. And yes, if you signed up early in your billing cycle, or if you are new, it will be double because you are paying for the month you just finished using it plus the next month. I hope this helps.
    09-30-09 12:21 PM
    Didn't know that they did that. We are still going to go talk to them I guess. So next months bill should be like half of this one then if they did bill us for October as well?

*edit* wish they would have told us this before we opened the bill and nearly had a heart attack. lol.
    Last edited by Nissaj01; 09-30-09 at 12:25 PM.
    09-30-09 12:22 PM
    Hope it's just the first bill for you cause that's a lot of dough for a monthly bill!! Good luck!
    09-30-09 12:30 PM
    Hope it's just the first bill for you cause that's a lot of dough for a monthly bill!! Good luck!
    Thanks! I am praying that it's just the first months bill. That's WAY too much for a month to month bill, and if that's the case then I don't think we are going to be keeping the BB's and the guy from VZW is going to have some major explaining to do.
    09-30-09 12:36 PM
    I understand what you say but if thats the case wouldn't verizon be making some dough on this transaction, let me explain.

I got my phone in Jan and my bill came in Feb and I paid for both months. In two years I will be paying for the month of february in february. If I upgrade in late feb., according to your response, I have to pay for the rest of Feb. and March?? Feb was suppose to be already paid for when I paid them on the 12th.

Correct me if I am wrong I was just thinking about it and it didn't make sense for me either.

Same thing happened to me (my first bill was over $200 and it will usually be around $150). I upgraded later in the month, but if you upgraded right after you cycle ends, then it would be about double your regular bill. Verizon charges you for the NEXT month (plus any overages for the current month) so you are ultimately prepaying. Your first bill will have the month that you started using it AND the next month so it will be higher. And yes, if you signed up early in your billing cycle, or if you are new, it will be double because you are paying for the month you just finished using it plus the next month. I hope this helps.
    09-30-09 12:57 PM
    If that is your first bill, you definitely were prorated. It sounds like you are at the beginning of your billing cycle which is why it is so high. How ever many days are left in your billing cycle and one month in advance is how your bill is figured out. Also, the 19% discount is based off the primary line and the BB features not the entire bill. Hope some of this helps!
    09-30-09 12:57 PM
    We got the phone on the day he was eligible to upgrade (which was Aug. 31st). He had already paid his balance off for August for this old phone (krazr). And then we get this bill and we are being charged from Aug 27th-Sept 26th and then also Sept 26th-Oct 27th... I understand that we were charged basically for two months. But will we still get a bill for the month of October and have to pay that month again?
    09-30-09 01:08 PM
    hmmm. nevermind my previous post from this explination I understand. You will get a bill in October but it will be for October 27-November 26.

And they prolly prorated your plan for the couple days that overlap which would only be a few bucks off.

We got the phone on the day he was eligible to upgrade (which was Aug. 31st). He had already paid his balance off for August for this old phone (krazr). And then we get this bill and we are being charged from Aug 27th-Sept 26th and then also Sept 26th-Oct 27th... I understand that we were charged basically for two months. But will we still get a bill for the month of October and have to pay that month again?
    09-30-09 01:22 PM
    Yeah, they basically charge you two months (they call this prorate). What that means is that let's say you started service on the 10th by the time the first of october comes and since your service is active, you are "asking" or "buying" service for the month of november as well. So they are charging you the 20 some days of charges plus october and november. So when the first of november comes and if your service still active, you are agreeing to buy service for the month of december (you are paying in advance).

Not to mentioned the activation fees per line and the taxes on the bill, things one never thinks about.
    09-30-09 02:09 PM
    Our bill starting November should be the normal bill though, right??? Can't afford another $350.00 hit lol.
    09-30-09 02:47 PM
    This is why I've told people who ask if they can cancel an account and then immediately open a new one just to get the latest device that they won't likely save any money. I know that is not the case here but it helps to show that there is a cost to opening new service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 02:51 PM
    that sounds about right... prorated for the next 6 months to account for overage lol... i hate the billing in advance garbage... not bad enough you need decent credit to quality without a deposit now they want to bill you in advance on top of it... pfft
    09-30-09 02:52 PM
    I just spoke with someone at VZW and she went over the bill with me and told me that it's so high because of the activations fee for both lines, and also it's high beceause we went from a single line to a family share plan and that also adds on fees. She said we did get charged for for the prorate and also all those other fees. The guy at the store never told us any of this...She said that he should have told us ever detail and that she was sorry and to call the store and see what we could do. She said next months billing cycle will be the normal bill and will be more then half of the bill we received now.

Gotta love Verizon Wireless. They do have good service, but they are so deceiving, and now we are going over our plan to make sure this guy did it right and didn't tack on any extra features that we aren't aware of....
    09-30-09 03:15 PM
    My fiance and I just recieved our first bill from Verizon for our two new BB Tour's. It's almost at $350.00. The guy told us it would be "a little" higher the first month, not more then double the price we were quoted for 2 BB lines. We have the 700/mins unlimited data, $10.00 for unlimited in text on both lines, the $10.00 add a line fee, and the other $30.00 unlimited data plan for my line. We were told it would be around $140-150 a month. But this is ridiculous, it looks like on the bill we are being charged twice on each line for the BB data plan and texts and insurance, and I don 't get that. Is this much of a high amount "normal" for new customers when they switch from a regular phone to a BB? We were never told it would be this much and the fiance is NOT a happy camper... We're going to VZW right now and he wants to return them lol . (He also gets a 19% discount from his job...).
    Your plan is screwed up!

We have 3 lines on our account, 2 have BBs and we all have texting!

We get discounts that bring it around $160!

Your price don't sound right!

We have 1400 minutes shared on the account for around $160 a month!

Heres our plan:

NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY SHARE PRIMARY 1400 $110 S4975 1107

Monthly access charge: $110.00
    Monthly allowance minutes: 1400 general
    Per minute rate after allowance: $0.40 peak , $0.40 off-peak

Included Features
    UNL TEXT MESSAGING

Plus the BB data plans!

You need to change your plan!
    Last edited by corbintechboy; 09-30-09 at 03:27 PM.
    09-30-09 03:24 PM
    kind like my family's first cingular bill. parents werent happy until the CSR explained it all to them
    09-30-09 08:22 PM
    Forgot to update, we talked to the store manager and he went over our current bill and plan with us. The guy that did our plan signed us both up for corporate email which is $45.00 instead of $30.00. He also did a bunch of other things, and they tacked on a lot of extra fees for the corporate email, which resulted in jacking our bill up an extra $55.00+ dollars. He told us they would credit our account and to stop in the store in a few days when it takes effect and he would go over everything with us. No idea why this guy signed us up for corporate email when we told him we just wanted the $30.00 data plan. Thankfully it's all straightened out (hopefully - we'll see on next months bill lol).

He said our correct bill should be around $135-$140/month.

Thank you guys for the help!
    09-30-09 10:14 PM
    i don't know when you set up your account, but last month Verizon was running a special that knocked off activation fees for new customers. they may refund that for you as well. I know there is a 30 day window forward for deals, not sure about backwards. There is the chance it was running after you signed on. Either way, give it a shot. I got my activation fees knocked off of 3 lines on a family plan. Good luck.
    09-30-09 10:23 PM
    Your plan is screwed up!

We have 3 lines on our account, 2 have BBs and we all have texting!

We get discounts that bring it around $160!

Your price don't sound right!

We have 1400 minutes shared on the account for around $160 a month!

Heres our plan:

NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY SHARE PRIMARY 1400 $110 S4975 1107

Monthly access charge: $110.00
    Monthly allowance minutes: 1400 general
    Per minute rate after allowance: $0.40 peak , $0.40 off-peak

Included Features
    UNL TEXT MESSAGING

Plus the BB data plans!

You need to change your plan!
    Yours is 160$ w/ the unlimited text and BB data plans?

When you are an established VZW customer and get a BB is there an activation fee?
    10-01-09 12:01 AM
    Yours is 160$ w/ the unlimited text and BB data plans?

When you are an established VZW customer and get a BB is there an activation fee?
    Yes. We have been with verizon forever and every time we upgrade we get hit with an activation fee for the new phone.

When we go back to verizon this weekend i'm going to tell them about the activation fee being waved and ask them why it wasn't waved for us, hopefully save us a little more money. lol.
    10-01-09 08:43 AM
    i remember seeing my first vzw bill too it was over $200, but that was for my first two months so i didn't have to pay anything the next month which was nice to know.
    10-01-09 09:03 AM
    It pays to pay clsoe attention to that first bill after a plan change/line add.

I was on a fam share Loyalty plan (550). I was upgrading to a BB and adding a line for my daughter.

I did the stuff on the 5th of sep and my statement date is the 12th. In the store (authorized agent and not VZW corp) they couldn't do the line add to the loyalty plan. So we called Customer Service from the store who tried and ended up having to switch us to the 700 minute plan for 1 minute to do the add and then switch us right back to the loyalty plan.

When we got the bill, the prorates had us as being on the 700 minute plan for the prior month up to the day/point that I made the changes.

I called Customer Care and explained that I was only on the 700 plan for literally 1 minute. They kindly agreed to credit my account for the difference.

They were very helpful. But, something like this and the OP's noting that their store "accidentally" put them on the $45 BES plan makes me wonder if Big Red does things in hopes people won't notice or care.......

Call me a cynic
    10-01-09 12:14 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD