hey.

So Verizon unlocked aGPS for BBmaps..however, I'm wondering which one I should use? or which ones you all will use?

Googlemaps seems to have a better interface for finding locations and stuff (voice command/when i search for things it'll find things in a wider ranger than bbmaps which is only like within a 5 mile radius), but google doesn't have gps yet.

what do you think?
    12-05-08 10:15 PM
    I actually use both as they have different strengths and weaknesses. I have deleted one or the other but I prefer having both in the long run.
    12-05-08 10:17 PM
    As of right now I'm gonna have to be all BB Maps until Google Maps starts working with GPS.
    12-06-08 12:46 AM
    ^^ it may never work.. the latest I heard as that verizon see's google maps using gps as a security risk..
    12-06-08 06:03 AM
    ^^ it may never work.. the latest I heard as that verizon see's google maps using gps as a security risk..
    I just can't get my head around that one...Surely,if Google Maps were a risk,Why do the other carriers allow it?
    12-06-08 06:12 AM
    While I perfer to only have one, I use both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 07:15 AM
    i like google maps much more but i deleted it because we can't use gps.

i'm keeping my VZN and i also use Live Search for searches.

i'll use BB Maps for the GPS maps but i hope it gets an upgrade soon. It's kind of primitive. i'd like to use it on hikes and trips into the wilderness!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD