have been offered a free upgrade to ANY Verizon Blackberry. I currently have a 8330 and am pretty happy with it. My main pet peaves and needs are open GPS. I went down to the Verizon Store and played with every one of there BB phones and cant decide for myself. I can get anything I want. Please help me with your insights and suggestions.
    Thanks
    01-21-10 09:09 AM
    I want a storm2, but can't let go of a physical keyboard......I dunno if I would wait for the tour2 but the curve2 is really nice...coworker has one....fast, EXTREMELY light....5.0....its not revA but haven't noticed a difference.
    01-21-10 09:12 AM
    If you want to try a touchscreen, get the storm 2. If you want an upgraded os and wifi with the same form factor as your curve get the curve 2. If you want a little crisper screen, and a diffrrent feel keyboard get the tour.

The curve 2 has the trackpad, that's pretty nice. Or just wait for tour 2 which will mix features of curve 2 and tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 09:13 AM
    If you can get any BB you want, and can wait a week or two, the Tour2 should be in their lineup. That would be my choice.

If not, the Storms2 has dual-mode GPS, wifi, and supports OpenGL graphics. It would have more options to go with. If you don't want a touch-screen BB, then your choice would be the Tour. It doesn't have wifi (which the Tour2 will have) and might not have OPenGL (which the Tour2 might have), but it does have dual-mode GPS, so you can use GPS with 3rd party apps.
    01-21-10 09:13 AM
    Lets move this bad boy to the Verizon Forum!
    01-21-10 09:16 AM
    How long will the 8530 be as great as I now think it is. I love the dang thing personally. I am though wondering if the tour 2 will be so much better?

Does anyone have thoughts on this, I.e. Tour 2 vs 8530?

I just days ago upgraded from my 8330 due to the USB port going bad on the device and I was upgrade eligible.

I do have the 30 day return option.

Is there a larger battery available as was on the 8330 from Seidio? The current one for lacks the juice I need daily.

01-21-10 11:00 AM
    Take it back on or around Feb 3rd and get the Tour2. It will have trackpad, wifi, and a better screen than the curve.
    01-21-10 11:44 AM
    If I stick with Blackberry I will probably get the Tour 2. This device looks like the real deal to get me through my next 2 year commitment. There is one thing for sure: Whatever device I get next will be after the first wave of debugging.
    01-21-10 12:26 PM
    I'd go for the S2!
    01-21-10 02:23 PM
    I'd go for the S2!
    SHOCKER PK!!!!
    01-21-10 02:26 PM
    I love my Curve, but, the increased size of the screen, the resolution, the Global Ready capability, the CAMERA WITH FLASH, the WiFi, the memory, the 5 (point) 0 OS, the list keeps on going! I will miss the QWERTY keyboard, BUT, that is a small price to pay for what you will get in return. If you absolutely have to have a QWERTY keyboard, I would wait for the Tour 2.
    01-21-10 03:04 PM
    Rocking the 8530 here keyboard is fine and trackpad ROCKS. I mean honestly never want the ball again.

01-21-10 06:33 PM
    I have the Storm 2 and I love it! The keyboard is a bit hard to get used to at first, but after u get used to it u don't miss the physical QWERTY.
    01-21-10 09:41 PM
    I have the original Tour and love it I don't mind not having WiFi I am very happy with my BB Tour
    01-21-10 11:31 PM
    I want a Storm 2 so bad but idk about the rate plans.. does anyone know how much il pay or how to get a good deal? i want two lines the lowest amount of minutes and unlimited web/text on only one line i really want a storm 2 or mayb wait for a 9650 need advice
    01-22-10 12:22 AM
    I up graded to BB Curve from Palm Centro. The bad thing about that was when I got the curve on sale, a month later, the BB Tour went on sale. MMMM I like the curve, but the tour seems pretty sweet too. You gotta plan you attack accordingly. Find out what new phones are comming out.
    01-22-10 07:38 AM
    I think I can wait to take up the offer. Like I mentioned I did try all the BB phones on display as well as the Moto Droid. At first touch - I was not that happy with the Storm2. I have been used to the 8330's KB so the Storm2 threw me, but I do have an open mind about it. So I will wait a while. Any further suggestions are REALLY appreciated!!
    Thanks
    01-22-10 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD