I posted this on the newbie thread but then noticed there is a section devoted to Verizon....so here goes!

I've been a VZW customer for well over 10 years and I am about to upgrade to a new phone. I work remote from the office on most days and would like to have access to contacts as well as surf the internet. I came up with BB as the smart choice and am currently "test driving" a Pearl. I'm new to the OS and a suretype keypad so I am all thumbs (and I've got BIG ONES) at this point. I am impressed with both the technology and the loyal following of BB's and am excited about joining "The Family". I'm thinking that I should try the Curve instead of the Pearl so I can see if the larger keyboard works better for me. That said, I don't mind turning back in the Pearl and continue to use my older phone if I knew there was a better BB I'd like coming just around the corner. From what I read, VZW customers use CDMA and are behind in getting the latest and greatest (Bold, Javelin) which I would prefer waiting for...to a point. All said, can you suggest which phone/service I should switch to and when? Thanks in advance for your input.
    08-15-08 11:14 AM
    Stick with verizon but try out the curve, I've had both and I like the curve so much better
    08-15-08 11:17 AM
    If you are waiting for the latest VZW BB, you would be getting a Thunder (touchscreen) otherwise we are prob over a year away from Bold or Javelins

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 11:37 AM
    Personally I would get a curve they have more memory than the Pearl.
    08-15-08 11:51 AM
    Curve is better. Don't bother waiting on the touchscreens. I had the Voyager before the Curve and hated the touch.

08-15-08 11:54 AM
    I love the pearl, size and function. Fits in my pocket, so its always with me and I'm not into the whole holster on the belt thing. I use it all day for work,e-mailing gets easier with practice. The first week I thought I made a huge mistake, but now I love it. I am a previous Q user and cant be with out a smartphone. For me the pearl does it all. Hang in there.
    08-15-08 07:11 PM
    I love the Curve. Although I can see why people would like the Pearl also. Guess it all comes down to personal preference. So many decisions.......

08-15-08 07:21 PM
    I guess I'll just have to try both! From what I read, both are very similar in function and feature set. Just a matter of whether I can type faster on the full keyboard on the Curve as compared to using SureType on the smaller Pearl. I do like the size of the Pearl in my pocket but feels a little awkward in my hand. I too don't want to always wear the case on my belt but do like the auto off/on feature by using it.
    08-16-08 12:06 AM
    welcome to cb
    08-16-08 01:34 AM
    The Curve sounds like it would be perfect for you. The Thunder/Storm is coming to VZW soon but its completely touchscreen. And I have a feeling that it won't take as long for VZW to get the Bold as it did to get the Curve.

08-16-08 09:15 AM
    I agree that you should check out the curve. I had the touchscreen on the voyager and upgrading to a curve was the best decsion I ever made!

08-16-08 04:45 PM
    I like the curve. Got it about 2 months ago and I carry it in my pocket everyday at work and it does not feel big in my pocket. You dont have to wear it on your belt.
    08-16-08 11:57 PM
    Thanks folks! I am really impressed with BB's and now it's a matter of jumping in with a new Curve on either AT&T's or Verizon's network. I am less than a week into my 1 month trial on the Pearl through VZW (current carrier) so maybe I will check out the Curve on AT&T's network. I live in Northern NJ and have a cottage in North Western CT and now that my contract is up for renewal, I'd like to see which service works best on both service and cost fronts.

All being equal, I am attracted to AT&T because they seem to get the phones earlier (Bold) than VZW and with a few extra bells and whistles...(ie. WiFi).
    08-17-08 12:18 AM
    ...and if I do decide to go AT&T, should I hold off and get the soon to be released BOLD?
    08-17-08 12:20 AM
    welcome to CB. get a curve
    08-17-08 11:48 AM
    Thanks... I wasn't aware of the subtle differences between these two carriers. Before I jump ship from Verizon I owe it to myself to hear from others that did the same. Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side? But if I can get most of the features in a CDMA version of a BB within a reasonable amount of time (Javelin/Niagra/Bold) I may just stay loyal to VZW. Thanks for your input.
    08-17-08 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD