tools
    Haha. How about "go hang a salami" "I'm a lasagna hog"
    ::Thread Hijack:::
    RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

That is awesome ^ How about - A MAN A PLAN A CANAL PANAMA
    Pallindromes? Correct? Lets start a new thread
    ::Thread Hijack over::
    08-26-08 10:59 AM
    Customer Service is one thing, but it's not enough for me to overlook the fact that they disable a devices feature to force you to pay more money to perform a task the phone can already do for FREE! Verizon
    08-26-08 11:08 AM
    Customer Service is one thing, but it's not enough for me to overlook the fact that they disable a devices feature to force you to pay more money to perform a task the phone can already do for FREE! Verizon
    NO!This is not turning into another "WAAA I WANT FREE GPS" thread
    08-26-08 11:10 AM
    this is the first complaint I've heard about locked gps. Maybe you should start a seperate thread about this "issue" and bring it to everyones attention. This has never been addressed as of yet. Title it something like "VZW and locked GPS!"

Off topic....be on the lookout for my "I'm so damn addicted" thread shortly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 11:53 AM
    Both my husband and I have Verizon. We were pretty fed up with Cingular charging out the *** for a text package on top of the phone bill, so we moved to Verizon and got a really nice deal on our old phones. We have never had an issue with Verizon. I personally think they are better than at&t in many ways. Like price and coverage. We get coverage just about anywhere. I will stay a loyal verizon customer, especially now that they bought out Alltel!
    08-26-08 12:10 PM
    Vzw can go kiss my track ball. I just switched over to sprint SEP plan and don't regret doing so. Vzw does have a better network. However, this doesn't make them better than everyone else.

08-26-08 12:24 PM
    Vzw can go kiss my track ball. I just switched over to sprint SEP plan and don't regret doing so. Vzw does have a better network. However, this doesn't make them better than everyone else.

I think having a better network DOES, in fact, make them better than everyone else....but that's just me.

08-26-08 12:29 PM
    I had Verizon for a alittle over a year and I really liked their service. I had great reception everywhere. The only reason I left was because I thought their plans were alittle too expensive for what you get in return. I have Sprint now and while their coverage and CC aren't as good their SEP plan fits my needs perfectly.
    08-26-08 01:06 PM
    this is the first complaint I've heard about locked gps. Maybe you should start a seperate thread about this "issue" and bring it to everyones attention. This has never been addressed as of yet. Title it something like "VZW and locked GPS!"

I think you are blind if this is the first you've heard of the locked GPS. But then again, it doesn't surprise me... especially since you're possibly a Verizon employee. Take the blinders off! I'm amazed at how uninformed you people are. Gota love the big V and their special tactics at keeping their employees brainwashed and underinformed.
    08-26-08 01:14 PM
    I think you are blind if this is the first you've heard of the locked GPS. But then again, it doesn't surprise me... especially since you're possibly a Verizon employee. Take the blinders off! I'm amazed at how uninformed you people are. Gota love the big V and their special tactics at keeping their employees brainwashed and underinformed.
    if you're so well versed on everything having to do with everything and nothing, instead of constantly jabbing the company, why not apply and put your knowledge to use?
    08-26-08 01:53 PM

ARE YOU BLIND?
    Last edited by nslasha; 08-26-08 at 03:01 PM. Reason: fixt
    08-26-08 01:54 PM

One word: Wow! Are you incapable of sensing sarcasm? Apparently, as the post you are referring to couldn't possibly be more saturated with it.
    08-26-08 02:03 PM
    civic there is something called sarcasm. Look that word up in the dictionary and you will then be able to "decode" my post. I also take offense to being called blind because I haven't seen, read or commented on the 13,126 other posts about the GPS.

I don't work for Verizon I just think they are the best carrier out there. Why all the vitriol over Verizon? They are numero uno and that's nothing to get upset about. You seem to have an ax to grind and that's ok but settle down and don't get so upset. Everything will be ok.....I promise.

Last edited by Castor Troy; 08-26-08 at 02:35 PM.
    08-26-08 02:17 PM
    are you blind?
    all caps please?

08-26-08 02:58 PM
    all caps please?

ARE YOU BLINDZ OMGWTFBBQQ!!!!!!!1eleventyone!11!!
    Last edited by Javaddict; 08-26-08 at 04:54 PM. Reason: eleventyone!11!!
    08-26-08 04:52 PM
    if you're so well versed on everything having to do with everything and nothing, instead of constantly jabbing the company, why not apply and put your knowledge to use?
    I did, and not only for Verizon users, but everyone with an 8830 and OS4.5. You know that little anoying fact about the ringer being low? Yeah, I released a "fix" for that. Currently working on the GPS lockdown from VZW as well so I'll be sure to let you know when I've uncorked that one as well.
    08-26-08 05:56 PM
    I don't work for Verizon
    Then perhaps you can refrain from throwing out insinuating posts on why it is you think Verizon is dragging their feet on the 4.5 release. This is pertaining to another thread, but still. I'm happy you think VZW is #1, but let's not paper the forum with leaflets.
    08-26-08 06:03 PM
    Love my Curve and VZ has the best signal for my area.
    08-26-08 06:06 PM
    Everyone slams VZW for being too greedy, for charging too much, and for making you pay for "free" features. I'm not going to defend them for it, neither will I praise them for it.

Instead, I'll point out that ALL cellular companies have one purpose, and one purpose only - to make money. VZW charges what the market will bear, as do they all. We know that VZW spends their operating money on network and customer service (yes - customer service costs money). What do the other carriers spend theirs on?

T-mobile seems to have good CS, but their network is lacking. Sprint's network isn't very good, and I've not heard very many good things about their CS. The good thing about both is that they charge less than VZW.

ATT prices are pretty competitive with VZW - maybe a bit less, maybe not. Their CS is lacking, and their network isn't very good. What does ATT spend their money on? Exclusive contracts for the latest phones.

Another way to see it is, if you pay a premium price, you get more. With VZW you get better coverage and better CS. With ATT you get better phones.

For some, T-Mobile works best. For others, ATT is clearly better. It depends what you need from a cellular service.

For me, it's the service. That's the one reason I stay with VZW. It certainly isn't for the price or for the phones.
    08-26-08 07:06 PM
    ARE YOU BLINDZ OMGWTFBBQQ!!!!!!!1eleventyone!11!!
    shhhhhh.....everyone quiet! I think I hear something............

08-26-08 07:28 PM
    That smoking baby is disturbing.
    08-26-08 07:30 PM
    Why is it that every few days, someone posts a rah rah message about why their carrier is the best. Praising a company for good customer service is the same as saying "you know your first attempt wasn't good enough, but let me give you another chance because...well, because I signed a 2 year contract with you"

Yes I am with At&t, and I am a happy customer BECAUSE I have never had to call customer service or visit a store because I have had a problem with my service or device.
    08-26-08 07:45 PM
    Why is it that every few days, someone posts a rah rah message about why their carrier is the best. Praising a company for good customer service is the same as saying "you know your first attempt wasn't good enough, but let me give you another chance because...well, because I signed a 2 year contract with you"

Yes I am with At&t, and I am a happy customer BECAUSE I have never had to call customer service or visit a store because I have had a problem with my service or device.
    Wow....I am basking in the glow of your brilliance. I'm awestruck that you've never had a question about your plan or devices! How wonderful! I'll bet that if you need to add a line, you'll never have questions about plans that could save you money!

Are you freaking kidding me???????
    08-26-08 07:50 PM
    All I have to say is "Can you hear me now?"
    08-26-08 08:35 PM
    I must agree with Verizon being top dog.
    PS, civic, I can't believe that you were so bent on flaming that guy that his sarcasm went whooooshin by you.
    Next time just offer to meet up and break eachothers jaw instead of these silly tit for tats.

08-26-08 08:41 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD