I'm with Verizon Wireless Prepay. If I want to move to ATT and keep the same number, what is the procedure? Thanks
    11-07-11 08:12 PM
    just have them port your number over i just had a number ported over it took a few more hours to activate but it works fine
    11-07-11 08:19 PM
    how do i do that?
    11-07-11 08:26 PM
    You pretty much just tell ATT that you want to "port" your old number to ATT.

The rep will understand what you want. Just make sure that you current phone number is still active, meaning you stayed current on payments. If there is a service interruption/suspension, then you can't port the phone number.
    11-08-11 03:51 AM
    Be aware that if you want to have BlackBerry Data on AT&T, then you will have to get a contract plan and not a pre-paid plan. Just an FYI since you indicate that you are on pre-paid now.
    11-08-11 05:47 AM
    If you want to use a BB on prepaid, go with T-Mobile then or Boost if AT&T prepaid doesn't support it BTW.

When I worked at an old Alltel store the way I ported it was I had the customer keep their line activated with the old carrier and then they had a temp number for a week on the new phone until Alltel could complete the port. It was essential to keep the old line activated or it would be lost forever. Just have the rep explain it and if you have any questions we will be glad to help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 07:56 PM
    Why move to att ? You can't beat big reds coverage.

11-25-11 10:08 PM
    If you go to ATT and say you want to port, they'll do it for you. Remember to bring your VZW account info to them and they'll do all the work. Porting your number makes it so your line is cancelled on VZW instantly and if you're breaking your contract, you'll have an ETF.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    12-01-11 05:26 PM
    Why move to att ? You can't beat big reds coverage.

Agreed, there's no arguing there, but I travel a lot, and GSM is just so much simpler to deal with... I'll probably stick with big red, and keep a foreign contract SIM
    12-04-11 12:29 PM
    Just get a Verizon phone that does GSM and then you could do both.
    12-04-11 10:55 PM
    Absolutely, then you could be running 7.1 already.
    12-04-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD