05-06-10 01:10 AM
63 123
tools
    I'd love to pay $60-70/month instead on $100, but Sprint's service sucks where i live. I used them before and a friend of mine currently has them. My days of walking around my yard to get a signal are long gone.
    05-05-10 12:28 AM
    You DO realize that Virgin Mobile is a reseller for SPRINT, right? ;-)
    NO, I didn't!

However I had VM almost 9 years ago,after Verizon and before Sprint,never had prepaid since. They did lack,though so did Sprint back than tbh.

Thanks though, I didn't know that :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 01:25 AM
    NO, I didn't!

However I had VM almost 9 years ago,after Verizon and before Sprint,never had prepaid since. They did lack,though so did Sprint back than tbh.

Thanks though, I didn't know that :-)

It's all good. I just thought it was kinda funny. They may resell them but remember you are dealing with their CS reps and whatnot and of course resellers never have access to the full network, roaming, etc.

I had them for about a month like 4 years ago

TracFone (6yrs) > Virgin Mobile (1 Month) > VZW Prepaid (almost a year) > VZW (3yrs)
    05-05-10 01:37 AM
    Having worked for Verizon and having the iPhone with AT&T, and having had Sprint in the past as well, I can tell you that Sprint STILL has terrible customer service. Verizon has the best network, AT&T has the fastest. These are a matter of public record, and they've both won awards from JD Power & Associates for those respective claims. The fact of the matter is however that the % return is irrelevant, you're assuming a stable market for one, and that both of these companies will be around in 40 years. Verizon as a company is only 7 years old, out of nearly 30 years of cell phones being prevalent in the US. So this is not a very intelligent post, based entirely on a carrier bias.
    05-05-10 07:44 AM
    Did u ever think that people stick to certain carriers because perhaps for them, no other carriers offer comparable and reliable coverage for their needs?

05-05-10 07:56 AM
    I don't necessarily believe "you get what you pay for". VZW and ATT are rediculously overpriced. $720 over two years for maybe 1gb a month? No thanks. In high-margin consumer products like data plans, HDTV's and such, it's easy to get ripped off or find something just as good for cheap.

05-05-10 09:54 AM
    I don't necessarily believe "you get what you pay for". VZW and ATT are rediculously overpriced. $720 over two years for maybe 1gb a month? No thanks. In high-margin consumer products like data plans, HDTV's and such, it's easy to get ripped off or find something just as good for cheap.

1. I would love for you to find me as good of an HDTV as a Pioneer Plasma for such a bargain. Point being, so many people just can't see the difference and figure that there ISN'T one, when in fact there is and it can be actually measured (black levels, color accuracy, gamma scale, etc.) Same for people not seeing the difference between DVD and Bluray. So off topic though...

2. (back on topic) You can't really even compare ATT/VZW to Sprint fairly because Sprint just don't have the coverage that ATT/VZW has. Like many have already said. In my case, I DO get what I pay for. I could pay $69 for unlimited anything through Sprint and save $30/month, but I would never have service... ATT gives me great coverage.

If Sprint had ATT/VZW's coverage, this would be a different thread...
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-05-10 at 12:26 PM.
    05-05-10 12:24 PM
    Why can't we all be friends?
    The OP might have messed up on there math, but hey, math isn't my strongest point either. We're all good at different things but here, we all enjoy one thing for sure, and thats Blackberry.
    So false, there are a ton of BB haters on here...true.

05-05-10 08:06 PM
    If you think that is bad, just think how much the average American spends on going out to eat over a 40 year span... lol.
    05-05-10 08:12 PM
    ATT has a high deposit & Sprint has the worst customer service in the world. TMO just doesn't have the reception which leaves Big Red, only problem w/Red is they seem afraid to give us a good phone. So hurry up Rim we need you.
    05-05-10 08:12 PM
    Never thought this post would cause so much controversy.

I could care less what carrier I have here in Mpls (sprint, tmobile, att, verizon)

I have used all 4 carriers....and in the metro area i notice ZERO difference in quality....i rarely travel so i have no idea how well sprint works outside of my metro area.

If I can not notice a difference between the quality of service than it is beyond foolish to pay $50 a month more for another carrier.

And what I stated about 10% for 40 years at $50 month....just something most people don't ever think about....called the "latte factor"

People can literrally retire as millionaires with a few simple cost savings...

Read David Bach....

p.s. Someone asked about how to get 10% return over 40 years in a savings account?...you don't....

historically if you look at stocks over a 40 year term...10% return is very reasonable
    05-06-10 12:13 AM

Retiring a millionaire is harder than it sounds, even with some cost savings, unless you're making good money. If you aren't college educated or don't work a job that will ever go over $20/hr, it will be hella hard to retire a millionaire.

Why does compound interest factor into how much I've paid a company for a service? Just think of all the money you could save by never buying gas or having a car. That'd be a huge savings, but not everyone can actually do that, or wants to for that matter

05-06-10 01:05 AM
    Never thought this post would cause so much controversy.
    I have a very hard time believing that. Do a search and you will see that every other post of this nature has stirred people up.

And as for your situation, you are in the MINORITY when you say that all 4 major carriers are equally good reception wise for you. Most have a choice between two or three in their areas (if that) and generally one or two with the best reception. I'm up in Duluth and yes VZW, ATT, and Sprint are all equally good here for the most part, but get a little out of town or say an hours drive north or in either direction and you will definitely see some differences.
    05-06-10 01:10 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD