I need some advice in regards to switching carriers. I currently have sprint, in chicago. I am trying to decide which carrier to switch my 5 line family plan. Sprint just hasn't been the same anymore and service has sucked, which is the main concern. I've done my research and consider myself to be pretty educated in regards to the key differences betweent he carriers.

I have narrowed it down between ATT and Verizon. At this point I would like input on which of the two will provide better overall voice and data services (speed, dependability, coverage, and overall reception).

Finally.. does Verizon or ATT provide blackberry unlimited international data roaming still?
    05-30-11 02:59 AM
    do you want unlimited data and unlimited night/weekends? then go with Vzw...

neither of them provide unlimited international service to the best of my knowledge.
    05-30-11 03:54 PM
    I have narrowed it down between ATT and Verizon. At this point I would like input on which of the two will provide better overall voice and data services (speed, dependability, coverage, and overall reception).
    Verizon wins in regards to all of those. AT&T 3G is faster than VZW but VZW 4G destroys AT&T "4G"
    05-30-11 06:06 PM
    There are no 4G BlackBerry devices at this time, nor are there even rumors of an LTE BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-11 06:12 PM
    I've never had AT&T but I used to be Alltel until it was assimilated and man I love the coverage and I never worry about the network really. I was having some 3G problems but I think it was my phone.
    05-31-11 04:51 AM
    Verizon and AT&T are pretty much the same in terms of pricing. There may be small differences in features or subsidies for new phones, etc., but by and large, they're the same.

The big difference is in their hardware offerings and the behavior or their network. Assuming you can make your own hardware decisions, I will sum up network differences like this: AT&T's "3G" or "4G" (depending on who you ask) is a GSM based HSPA/HSPA+, and it is very fast. The caveat is that it is not always available, and the highly populated areas create a lot of congestion on the network.

Verizon's EV-DO Rev 0/Rev A, "3G" is slower on average, but has more consistent performance. If you opt to get one of the LTE "4G" devices, it's blisteringly fast...super-greased-lightning-fast...faster than your computer could process if you tether/hot-spot...

The only "4G" devices right now are either Android devices or MiFi/USB devices. Personally, I would keep myself open to all the platforms if you're going to make the switch. Examine your needs and decide from there. The Bold 9650, Storm2 9550 are both Global capable. The Droid Pro, Droid Incredible 2 and Droid 2 Global are as well. The new HTC Trophy (WP7) is too. There are a few older legacy type devices as well.

If you are concerned about international roaming, unfortunately, the unlimited international data feature was discontinued earlier this year. Despite that, believe it or not, as stupid as the pricing is now, it's still noticeably cheaper than AT&T.

Share what kind of goodies you end up getting.
    05-31-11 01:38 PM
    Hands down Verizon Wireless!

but you are in the VZW section so this may end up being lopsided
    05-31-11 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD