05-19-09 03:44 PM
32 12
tools
    IT is wrong. Tethering prices stay the same. They are based off your BIS or BES plan. Both are based on matching the GB aircard/modem plan at 59.99
    Correct me if I am wrong; I know a lot of people cannot tether their
    devices. But to me it makes no sense my having a Storm that I can use
    as a modem; for me to get that air carplan.
    Tether: 15.00
    Aircrd : 59.00
    Yikes......................
    05-18-09 12:30 PM
    It would be sweet deal for me if the 250MB plan was available for tethering. I don't need to tether very much and this plan would fit my needs very nicely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 01:20 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong; I know a lot of people cannot tether their
    devices. But to me it makes no sense my having a Storm that I can use
    as a modem; for me to get that air carplan.
    Tether: 15.00
    Aircrd : 59.00
    Yikes......................
    meant to be for two different kinds of users....

convenience and cost effectiveness vs. dedicated device for internet. when you're tethering, you can't talk on the phone at the same time, and if you're talking on the phone you can't use data. it's meant for light users who need occasional internet access while out and about. temporary fix. the aircard is meant to be its own stand alone connection. also keep in mind that most tethering capable devices don't offer Rev.A speeds, just Rev.0
    05-18-09 01:23 PM
    meant to be for two different kinds of users....

convenience and cost effectiveness vs. dedicated device for internet. when you're tethering, you can't talk on the phone at the same time, and if you're talking on the phone you can't use data. it's meant for light users who need occasional internet access while out and about. temporary fix. the aircard is meant to be its own stand alone connection. also keep in mind that most tethering capable devices don't offer Rev.A speeds, just Rev.0
    Justifiable if you are using it for business; got it.
    Well at least in my minds eye.
    Thanks
    05-18-09 01:36 PM
    or if you don't have a smartphone capable of tethering, or if you talk a lot and can't sacrifice minutes to get internet...all are justifiable, it's a cost vs. value scenario, value is all in the eye of the beholder
    05-18-09 01:39 PM
    I worked for VZW for a spell and never worried about tethering because I received a big reduction on my aircard. Now that I use my Storm, the tethering is a Godsend. The extra $30.00 is worth it. The speeds are not terrific but the convenience offsets the reduction in speed. Additionally, although I have WIFI access at work, some sites are blocked but tethering gives me freedom.
    05-19-09 01:03 PM
    Agreed tethering at work on breaks is awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 03:44 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD