Seems that they're only offering the $30/month for Unlimited data. The $10/month seems to be for feature phones only.
    Verizon changing the data plan pricing for their feature phones - Phone Arena
    01-24-11 06:34 PM
    Seems that they're only offering the $30/month for Unlimited data. The $10/month seems to be for feature phones only.
    Verizon changing the data plan pricing for their feature phones - Phone Arena
    The $15/month data plan for smartphones is a "promotional price" and it can go away at any time.

However, that article didn't mention the $15/month for smartphone plan going away, so who knows. It was predominantly about feature phones.
    01-24-11 07:15 PM
    I have three blackberry's, I just switched to the 15/month plan on all three. I have never even come close to the 150 MB limit per month, in fact my daughter uses the most and she got around 60. So I figured I was just throwing money away.

I save usage by having my Curve connect to WiFi when I'm at home and in the office. My wife hardly uses any data, and I am about 25-30 MB month.

I guess I'll keep an eye on my bill to see if there is an increase
    01-24-11 07:29 PM
    I have three blackberry's, I just switched to the 15/month plan on all three. I have never even come close to the 150 MB limit per month, in fact my daughter uses the most and she got around 60. So I figured I was just throwing money away.

I save usage by having my Curve connect to WiFi when I'm at home and in the office. My wife hardly uses any data, and I am about 25-30 MB month.

If you're on it now, you'll stay on it. The only way it would go away is if you changed it, and at that point it will no longer be available to switch back to. They won't automatically switch you so you should be good.
    01-26-11 01:46 PM

Seriously? What do you have a BB for if you aren't going to use it
    01-26-11 04:37 PM
    I am in the same situation as he is (on the 150 MB plan because I do not come close to that limit). How else are we supposed to use this device? Plenty of emails, texts, and BBMs is all I need. I don't bother with the browsing because it's a waste of time and I don't stream music through Pandora or other music services. I would actually find it difficult to force myself to use that much data. It's just not necessary.
    01-27-11 06:46 PM
    I averaged 500 MB a month with mine
    01-27-11 06:57 PM
    I averaged 500 MB a month with mine
    Well unsurprisingly not everyone uses their BlackBerry the same way. RIM prides themselves on efficient data usage and I doubt Verizon would have implemented the 150 MB plan if they knew it was unrealistic for many of their customers.
    01-27-11 08:15 PM
    I am in the same situation as he is (on the 150 MB plan because I do not come close to that limit). How else are we supposed to use this device? Plenty of emails, texts, and BBMs is all I need. I don't bother with the browsing because it's a waste of time and I don't stream music through Pandora or other music services. I would actually find it difficult to force myself to use that much data. It's just not necessary.
    ^^^^ That is exactly what I do too. I use the web browse occasionally but I don't use nor do I care to use the other features.

I guess I am not a true BlackBerry geek in a sense, but it serves the purpose for what I need it for, and really that's all I care about
    01-28-11 05:15 PM
    Use it for what it was made for: Emails, messages, phone calls on the go. I also have the 150mb plan and don't come close to that.
    01-29-11 09:17 AM
    I use about 2 GB a month now. I'm scared of the tied data plans coming! Ouch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 07:52 AM
    I have a BB and I use it; my data is betwwen 75-100 MB per month. I also use wifi a lot, the 150MB plan makes more sense. I also have a family so my face isn't parked in front my phone 24 hours a day.
    01-31-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD