Like many I am a former alltel customer. My question is if the merge is completed yet? I bought a 9530 (Storm) and followed the sticky on switching it to Alltel's network.. After about 2 hours no love... So. I call customer service and try to put it on VZN's. Still no love. I flash the phone and go to the BB Reg Edit and put in my info. I activate it no problem! After a almost 2 hours on the phone with customer service they didn't get half as far as I did on my own. This isn't to start on how VZN cusotmer service is.

I'm trying to figure out if it doesn't matter if I have a alltel PRL or SID over VZN if that would still make a differnce if the merger is complete. Anythoughts?
    11-06-09 02:29 PM
    Like many I am a former alltel customer. My question is if the merge is completed yet? I bought a 9530 (Storm) and followed the sticky on switching it to Alltel's network.. After about 2 hours no love... So. I call customer service and try to put it on VZN's. Still no love. I flash the phone and go to the BB Reg Edit and put in my info. I activate it no problem! After a almost 2 hours on the phone with customer service they didn't get half as far as I did on my own. This isn't to start on how VZN cusotmer service is.

I'm trying to figure out if it doesn't matter if I have a alltel PRL or SID over VZN if that would still make a differnce if the merger is complete. Anythoughts?
    your post is a little confusing

are you an Alltel customer still? or are you migrated to Verizon?
    11-06-09 06:37 PM
    now a vzw acct member as all of the alltel acct should be migtated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 06:53 PM
    I thought the sticky was for getting a storm to work on Alltel when you were still an Alltel customer
    11-06-09 07:27 PM
    There was that stick.. I'm a alltel customer but I guess we all got transferred into Verizon. So I reprogrammed the storm for no reason... Explains a lot though.
    11-06-09 09:12 PM
    Depends on the area, but in general, yes, the merge is complete. It is in my area and they are allowing people to get new phones and contracts.
    11-06-09 11:26 PM
    Having problem with the storm still.

Got a new on and when I go into the BB reg edit menu it ask for a MSL passowrod, any ideas? Also what is the network ID and mobile id i think I programed them wrong.

If you just check it by ##000000 on your phone than send it will pop up.
    11-08-09 06:31 PM
    I restarted the phone and did a battery pull doesn't ask for the MSL password anymore. Still not sure the settings are correct in the CDMA reg edit. I still only have 1X. When I start up my phone it starts up as 1xev than goes to 1X... Anyone ever have this happen?
    11-09-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD