Will an unlocked Verizon Storm 9530 work for an Alltel user?
    11-03-09 02:04 PM
    Yes but not all the features

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 02:07 PM
    Thanks diggy! What features would not work?

I do know they won't use a data plan for it right now.
    Last edited by southpawmedic; 11-03-09 at 02:09 PM. Reason: additional comment
    11-03-09 02:07 PM
    Any special verizon programs such as vznav, visual voice mail, vztv. Programs in that nature won't work because they are not alltel compatible data.

11-03-09 02:14 PM
    Great! Thanks for the info! As far as he is concerned, he just wants phone and texting
    11-03-09 02:17 PM
    Phone should be able to do all of that and if your now part of verizon you can just have them do the transfer over the phone or store doesn't even have to be an unlocked phone anymore.

11-03-09 02:19 PM
    The Phone is responsible for the operation of vzw apps such as vznav and vvm alltell was aquired by vzw they are aware of the issues of compatability between devices
    Be patient and or go to a vzw near you and talk to a rep

11-03-09 02:34 PM
    ok...just sold my Verizon storm to an Alltel customer. He talked with Alltel and they are saying they cant switch it over even if it's unlocked! What's my next step?
    11-17-09 04:02 PM
    "bump" anybody have any ideas?
    11-18-09 08:28 AM
    Knew a girl that had unlocked a storm and was using it on T-mobile...she couldnt use the internet unless she had perfect service. Kinda pointless to have the phone if you cant even use the internet.
    11-18-09 08:30 AM
    he isn't planning on the data service yet. he plans on adding it later but an Alltel CSR told him he couldn't even activate the phone for regular cell service with Alltel. I've been told by many people that he can. What can we do to get it to switch?
    11-18-09 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD