Verizon agreed to replace my Storm with a Tour after I have gone through 4 Storms. They said I have to do it at a store and they can't mail me a Tour. Can I do the swap at a authorized retailer? There is a store near me but it is always packed, it takes 30 minutes to do anything, and they are pretty rude there.

How about a "Premium Retailer"?
    07-21-09 05:06 PM
    I would have to say no- A corp store would have to do this for you. I would also say that the rep that said this is lazy. If they approved this, they can ship one to you.
    07-21-09 05:08 PM
    Don't be suprised if you go into the store and they give you some grief. Especially if the rep you spoke with didn't note the account.
    07-21-09 06:52 PM
    I would have to say no- A corp store would have to do this for you. I would also say that the rep that said this is lazy. If they approved this, they can ship one to you.
    Correction:

If they approved it, the HAVE to send it to you.
    Last edited by smachart; 07-21-09 at 07:04 PM. Reason: I R CANT SPELLZ
    07-21-09 07:04 PM
    "Authorized Retailers" are 3rd party stores that do not have any obligation to honor any promises we have made to a customer. That's our problem, not theirs.

The only time an indirect store should EVER be expected to do a swap is if it's a straight return/exchange within that store's return policy, and they sold you the device in the first place.
    07-21-09 07:26 PM
    I hope you get your Tour...I take what VZW reps say with a grain of salt. Let us know how it turns out. I personally didn't get that offer
    Last edited by vllssv; 07-21-09 at 07:34 PM.
    07-21-09 07:27 PM
    Don't be suprised if you go into the store and they give you some grief. Especially if the rep you spoke with didn't note the account.
    Correction:

If they approved it, the HAVE to send it to you.
    I hope you get your Tour...I take what VZW reps say with a grain of salt. Let us know how it turns out. I personally didn't get that offer
    Well I knew it was going to be complicated. I went to the Verizon official store and after waiting at least 15 minutes I finally spoke with someone. He told me that despite the note on the account he couldn't do the exchange. He said that when I merged my account with my parents that I lost my warranty... and that I had to call Verizon to solve the problem. I told him that he should call Verizon and solve the problem because I drove all the way over there after being assured by the tech support guy I would have an easy transaction with "no questions". Well he called and spoke with someone briefly and then said he still couldn't do it. I told him that they can't void my warranty and that the tech support guy had already cleared the exchange. He didn't care...

So now I need to call Verizon again....

GERHHHHH!
    07-21-09 07:53 PM
    Sounds like a run around good luck to you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 08:01 PM
    Verizon has offered me the Tour a couple of times and I can't seem to let go of the Storm.Maybe if my replacement is still messed up i will have to consider the Tour and as would my Fiancee because she is now on her third Storm.

If a rep has agreed to swap out the Storm for a Tour they would have to ship it to you or if they let you pick up at a store then they should be able to note your account. This is what the rep said when i called this morning about my Fiancee's Storm. Also awhile back when I had a Blackberry Pearl that just didn't want to work in my area, the rep said she would replace it with a new one and that she would call my local retailer(after I confirmed retail address) and have them hold a Pearl in my name and just have me return my defective Pearl to the store. The retail store just confirmed some info with me to make sure I was indeed the person the rep called for.
    Last edited by WhosToBlame; 07-21-09 at 08:49 PM.
    07-21-09 08:44 PM
    Well I knew it was going to be complicated. I went to the Verizon official store and after waiting at least 15 minutes I finally spoke with someone. He told me that despite the note on the account he couldn't do the exchange. He said that when I merged my account with my parents that I lost my warranty... and that I had to call Verizon to solve the problem. I told him that he should call Verizon and solve the problem because I drove all the way over there after being assured by the tech support guy I would have an easy transaction with "no questions". Well he called and spoke with someone briefly and then said he still couldn't do it. I told him that they can't void my warranty and that the tech support guy had already cleared the exchange. He didn't care...

GERHHHHH!

When doing an AOL from one account to another nothing is lost! The phone still follows the original number and original contract dates. When changing numbers it can cause problems, however it is easily traceable if you're not a lazy bum. ESN's rarely lie. Maybe I am just more lenient and try to make the cust happy. If I have notes... my a$$ is covered.

If there is a note on your account where 800 c/s or tech support said it was ok with you getting a new phone the store should honor it. I understand that some people can NOT wait for a phone to get to them...as do a lot of other VZW employees. I for one could not go 2 days (standard shipping method used by VZW) without a phone.
    07-21-09 09:08 PM
    When doing an AOL from one account to another nothing is lost! The phone still follows the original number and original contract dates. When changing numbers it can cause problems, however it is easily traceable if you're not a lazy bum. ESN's rarely lie. Maybe I am just more lenient and try to make the cust happy. If I have notes... my a$$ is covered.

If there is a note on your account where 800 c/s or tech support said it was ok with you getting a new phone the store should honor it. I understand that some people can NOT wait for a phone to get to them...as do a lot of other VZW employees. I for one could not go 2 days (standard shipping method used by VZW) without a phone.
    I thought they would honor the note on my account as well but they didn't. I didn't change my number, just merged accounts with my parents when they recently joined Verizon from sprint to save money.
    07-22-09 12:59 AM
    Any way you could try a different location?
    07-22-09 09:20 AM
    Take everythign customer service says with a grain of salt as well. Keep in mind, they could ship you the phone, and explain that to a supervisor.

I had a situation where they told a guy it would be fine "no questions asked" but instead they gave him wrong info just to get him off the phnoe. It was awkward for me.

Anyway, good luck, I would just call back in, I really dont see the difference between a tour and a storm anyway.
    07-22-09 09:40 AM

GERHHHHH!
    So the morale of the story is...listen to the VZW employees that give you the needed information about what you needed to do.

A store wont swap it, that is over 500 dollars that would have to be discounted which is a huge deal from a store level. We have "discounting targets" for phones which is A LOT lower than that. If customer service made and exception they have to honor it and ship it out. They pull from a warehouse, a store pulls from an inventory room with maybe 10 tours in it.
    07-22-09 10:00 AM
    Never go into a verizon store expecting service. It is like two separate companies and the BM (brick & mortar // bowel movement) side will more often act like you're an alien being that wants to mate with your only daughter. Except in this case, it is people alien to the concept of customer service wanting to take your money. No money involved, no service from the store.

If CS offers you something take it. If you have to think about it, make sure they note the stink out of the account, then call CS back when you're ready. Don't take a CS offer into the store.

07-22-09 01:13 PM
    Never go into a verizon store expecting service. It is like two separate companies and the BM (brick & mortar // bowel movement) side will more often act like you're an alien being that wants to mate with your only daughter. Except in this case, it is people alien to the concept of customer service wanting to take your money. No money involved, no service from the store.

If CS offers you something take it. If you have to think about it, make sure they note the stink out of the account, then call CS back when you're ready. Don't take a CS offer into the store.

Yeah I knew there was going to be a problem. The store is always a complete pain to deal with. I haven't had a chance to call them back yet but I am going to when I get off work. Calling Verizon tech support has always been much more pleasurable then going to a store.
    07-22-09 01:23 PM
    With previous experience, everyone is right about it being a pain, most reps assume your lying. Make sure CS reps note your account that you are approved for the swap. When at the corp store which is probably the only one that would do it because when they let me swap my 8th defective voyager for a curve corp stores were the only that would. Speak to the manager explain the situation, if he/she still will not do the swap tell them you want to speak to customer service there with the manager which they will do, then from there is shouldnt be much of an issue. When I did the manager was still refusing, so the rep issues a complaint with verion corp againist the store and manager after that they gave me my shiny curve and let me be on my way =]
    07-22-09 01:55 PM
    With previous experience, everyone is right about it being a pain, most reps assume your lying. Make sure CS reps note your account that you are approved for the swap. When at the corp store which is probably the only one that would do it because when they let me swap my 8th defective voyager for a curve corp stores were the only that would. Speak to the manager explain the situation, if he/she still will not do the swap tell them you want to speak to customer service there with the manager which they will do, then from there is shouldnt be much of an issue. When I did the manager was still refusing, so the rep issues a complaint with verion corp againist the store and manager after that they gave me my shiny curve and let me be on my way =]
    The CS guy did note my account. When I got to the store I spoke with a guy in all black when all the other ones had slacks and a red shirt so I think he was the manager. He acknowledged the note on my account but said his system wouldn't let him do it. He told me I had to call CS to resolve it and I asked him to call them. He did and spoke with them briefly and said they couldn't do it either (even though the CS guy I talked to said I could and noted my account approving it). The whole time the guy was trying to talk me into keeping a Storm. After all this he started telling me that because my account was merged with my parents that my phone appears to the system as "customer provided" and I don't have the warranty. I was thinking to myself well then my contract should be gone too... shouldn't it...

When I get off work today I am going to call Verizon again and tell them I am done with visiting the store I want them to send me the new phone.
    07-22-09 02:03 PM
    The CS guy did note my account. When I got to the store I spoke with a guy in all black when all the other ones had slacks and a red shirt so I think he was the manager. He acknowledged the note on my account but said his system wouldn't let him do it. He told me I had to call CS to resolve it and I asked him to call them. He did and spoke with them briefly and said they couldn't do it either (even though the CS guy I talked to said I could and noted my account approving it). The whole time the guy was trying to talk me into keeping a Storm. After all this he started telling me that because my account was merged with my parents that my phone appears to the system as "customer provided" and I don't have the warranty. I was thinking to myself well then my contract should be gone too... shouldn't it...

When I get off work today I am going to call Verizon again and tell them I am done with visiting the store I want them to send me the new phone.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Indirect bullsh*t my friend. They all try that same stuff and if you phone showed "cust provided" it wouldnt have a warranty but obviously if a rep said that it was then they can eat it. Get a tech or supervisor to notate the account and go in to the store with that. They act like they have no one to answer to. If not try corp store.
    07-22-09 02:31 PM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Indirect bullsh*t my friend. They all try that same stuff and if you phone showed "cust provided" it wouldnt have a warranty but obviously if a rep said that it was then they can eat it. Get a tech or supervisor to notate the account and go in to the store with that. They act like they have no one to answer to. If not try corp store.
    Yeah thanks. I am fairly certain the store I went to was a cooperate store. It shows up on Verizon's store locator as "Verizon Wireless Store", not a "Authorized Retailer".

The next closest "Verizon Wireless Store" is 25 miles away... so I would really like to avoid having to do that, especially for more run around.

Here is the details for the store I visited. Again, I believe this is a "cooperate store".

Store Locator - Verizon Wireless
    07-22-09 02:34 PM
    Like has already been said, if CS said they would do it.....they are the ones that have to ship out the phone.
    07-22-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD