Verizon want's to charge you for more Sh!t your phone can already do. This time At&t follows suit.
    Social Networking: Cellphone Companies To Promote Unpopular Social Networking Services. What?

"Verizon and AT&T have jumped head-first into the shallow end of the social networking pool. The companies will charge consumers up to $35 per year to access unpopular social networking sites, a feature they're respectively billing as "SocialLife" and "My Communities." Not part of your social life or your community: Facebook.

Verizon will charge $17.88 per year for their service, a bargain compared to AT&T's $35.88 fee.

Rob Hyatt, executive director of premium content for AT&T's wireless division, said a service like "My Communities" would be helpful for novice users who are not as familiar navigating the mobile world as they are online. The new services also give much needed exposure to sites that might otherwise be overlooked, he added.
    Translation: We're going to overcharge ignorant people to access unpopular social networking services.

To us, it's just another sad example of cellphone companies trying to beat cash out of consumers in exchange for half-baked features that kinda resembles what they want, but still manage to entirely miss the mark.

We're not sure why anyone would pay to access services like AsiaAve, BlackPlanet and MiGente, Faithbase, or GLEE, when they could access more popular services through their web-enabled phones."
    09-12-08 10:37 PM
    Another reason I love sprint!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 11:01 PM
    Another reason I love sprint!

This is an option. Both companies aren't forcing anyone to pay, hence an illegitimate claim to add another reason for loving sprint!
    I request that you remove this extra reason for loving Sprint from your itinerary.
    09-13-08 06:00 AM
    This is an option. Both companies aren't forcing anyone to pay, hence an illegitimate claim to add another reason for loving sprint!
    I request that you remove this extra reason for loving Sprint from your itinerary.
    No there not Forcing anyone to pay for this, they have that covered with the GPS. But they're taking advantage of people who don't know better. I mean whats next? Charge you to play BrickBreaker?
    09-13-08 09:09 AM
    Yeah that's ridiculous

09-13-08 09:21 AM
    I see that as a perfectly good reason to like Sprint even more. Sprint isn't trying to rip off people who don't know better.
    09-13-08 11:55 AM
    T-mobile ftw
    09-13-08 06:06 PM
    ya right sprint, there one to go to, u cant get good service anywhere and then their customer service is even worse!!! glad i get rid of them years ago!!!
    09-13-08 06:19 PM
    No they aren't forcing anyone to pay for this. Just like they didn't force me to pay for Verizon Nav service, instead, I've chosen to go without GPS. They forced between to choose between none, and paying extra.
    This is totally bogus, we'll throw them in the history books in the same chapter as Big Oil!
    09-13-08 06:36 PM
    so, my thought is this, don't any of those sites have a mobile version, which would allow you to go around the charge anyway, like facebook or MySpace?
    09-13-08 06:37 PM
    Sprint sucks the fatty btw thought you all might want to know that

09-13-08 06:44 PM
    so, my thought is this, don't any of those sites have a mobile version, which would allow you to go around the charge anyway, like facebook or MySpace?
    That's what I was wondering. Also- if they aren't that popular anyway, why would anyone bother paying for them monthly?!
    09-13-08 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD